Titanfall was rushed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

First of all, let me start by saying that I love this game. Besides destiny, I haven't had so much fun with a FPS like that in a long time.

That said, don't you guys feel the game had so much more potential. but it was rushed? Knowing respawn, you'd think they would include much more content into the game.

I say that because looking at concept art, levels etc, I think the devs had lot more ideas, a story and whatnot, that didn't make it to the final product.

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

There should have been much more content thats for sure... I was very disappointed with the lack of customisation and the lack of guns etc... It would have been forgiven it had a storyline and a single player that fleshed out the story but it was straight up multiplayer.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Considering they are still adding features through updates for things that should have always been there yes it was rushed. However this is just the age we live in. Even Nintendo is doing it with MK8, adding all of the missing features in an update this month that should have been there from release.

XboXeR-360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XboXeR-360
Member since 2014 • 53 Posts

i was very disappointed with the lack of customisation and the lack of guns etc.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

I stopped playing about 2 weeks in. It seems they went for quality over quantity but I got bored quick with this game. If they don't put a true story mode in the next one I will pass altogether, I'm sure they said they wouldn't too. Titanfall had all the potential but falls short for me.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

That's how I felt after I got TF at launch...it felt like it came out of the oven way too early. I think TF2 is the game that we wanted with TF1, let's hope so.

It was exciting to me for the first two weeks and now I don't even touch it anymore.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#7 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

@SolidTy said:

That's how I felt after I got TF at launch...it felt like it came out of the oven way too early. I think TF2 is the game that we wanted with TF1, let's hope so.

It was exciting to me for the first two weeks and now I don't even touch it anymore.

Titanfall 2 hasn't even came out yet, so how do you know it's what we wanted?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@MaddenBowler10 said:

@SolidTy said:

Titanfall 2 hasn't even came out yet, so how do you know it's what we wanted?

Clearly we don't know, and I don't know as it's the future. You should have read the whole sentence because I ended with 'I think' and 'let's HOPE so'. That's why I said "I think" and "let's hope so". I NEVER said I "KNOW" as you said. I used the words, HOPE and THINK...not KNOW. I clearly don't know, not even the devs know. It's not released yet.

It's pretty clear that I hope and think it will happen, but I don't know. I'm basing it on my the pedigree of the studio and the fact I was a long time IW fan since COD1 and prior to that with MOH. I've been gaming with them for at least a decade. I could have just said like I said 100x times before as I've said here on the TF subject over and over, "I HOPE" because that's what I'm hoping since TF1 was so disappointing after those two weeks were over. "I HOPE TF2 is the game that we wanted with TF1."

Here's my new sentence: "I hope Respawn gets it right next time. I have confidence in Respawn and I think they can do it based on my longtime experience with them as IW and prior, but I don't know for sure."

Hopefully that clears up your answer? I typed my original post incredibly fast as I was heading out the door and I've said the same thing about TF for months now. Happy gaming. :)

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4391 Posts

it overall was not rushed. but i felt content was missing... alot of it

oo_Yungstar_oo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 oo_Yungstar_oo
Member since 2014 • 42 Posts

id say the game was for PS360 and MS stepped in to take it next gen, so they would not have had enough time to do it justice.