Tired of seeing this "Netflix Quality bad" Reason/Solution Here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamefreak1296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamefreak1296
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts

I'm tired of seeing people posting topics about Netflix streaming poor quality...

First did you try the search bar?

Second 

-Netflix quality is determined by the SPEED OF YOUR INTERNET not just your tv. 

-when your internet speed drops Netflix re-adjusts to a lower quality so that it can stream without hickups 

If you have bad quality streaming here are 2 solutions

1.Back out of the movie and then resume. It should take you back to full quality

2.Get faster internet

Simple as that

boxofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 boxofwit
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts
This desrerves to be stickied for a few days so that people get it.
Gamefreak1296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gamefreak1296
thank you
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Yeah, people don't realise that their internet is crummy till they get Netflix. My friend had 1.5 KBps and had to upgrade to 6 KBps for an extra $10/month. Me? I have FiOS, so I'm sitting incredibly pretty. Heroes looks amazing in HD. No problems at all.
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

Yeah, some people don't realize that mommy and daddy got them a "High-Speed Lite" connection, that only has 1.5 MB download. lol

People think just because they're internet is broadband or "high-speed", they can do anything.

10MB connection does the trick :D

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

You missed another important thing. You also need to realize that a HD version of what you are watching might not be available.

You can't expect to watch old seasons of a show in HD/Widescreen.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 donalbane
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

You missed another important thing. You also need to realize that a HD version of what you are watching might not be available.

You can't expect to watch old seasons of a show in HD/Widescreen.

Given that you can search for HD Watch Instantly content, I'm sure people have a stranglehold on what is available in HD and what isn't.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
yeah cause getting a faster internet is an option of everybody :roll:
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 donalbane
yeah cause getting a faster internet is an option of everybody :roll:FUBAR24
The TC's point wasn't 'people with slow internet are lame', his point was, 'people who blame Netflix for their slow internet are lame'. Personally, I moved to an apartment complex based on the fact that it offered fiber optic internet connections. I knew this was coming, and I prioritized. It's just not that important to everyone though... and that's probably a good thing lol.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 donalbane
yeah cause getting a faster internet is an option of everybody :roll:FUBAR24
The TC's point wasn't 'people with slow internet are lame', his point was, 'people who blame Netflix for their slow internet are lame'. Personally, I moved to an apartment complex based on the fact that it offered fiber optic internet connections. I knew this was coming, and I prioritized. It's just not that important to everyone though... and that's probably a good thing lol.
wojopro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wojopro
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts
Agreed! Sticky this thread!
stolz1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stolz1975
Member since 2005 • 422 Posts
mine works great and i love it .its the only good thing about the new update in my opinion. thats just my 2 cent
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Mines sporadic. Don't assume everyone having issues is a bad connection. Thats as ignorant and everyone claiming a bad connection is because of Netflix. I will occasionally get a bad connection on Netflix. And speedtests show my download as incredibly fast. I'll even watch it on my PC with a great connection, just to switch to the 360 and get 1 bar. Theres obviously another issue. But it doesn't happen often enough for me to care.
Gamefreak1296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gamefreak1296

Mines sporadic. Don't assume everyone having issues is a bad connection. Thats as ignorant and everyone claiming a bad connection is because of Netflix. I will occasionally get a bad connection on Netflix. And speedtests show my download as incredibly fast. I'll even watch it on my PC with a great connection, just to switch to the 360 and get 1 bar. Theres obviously another issue. But it doesn't happen often enough for me to care.DZBricktop

yes hint numberr 1. back out of the movie and resume it and it will go back to full bars...

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 donalbane

[QUOTE="DZBricktop"]Mines sporadic. Don't assume everyone having issues is a bad connection. Thats as ignorant and everyone claiming a bad connection is because of Netflix. I will occasionally get a bad connection on Netflix. And speedtests show my download as incredibly fast. I'll even watch it on my PC with a great connection, just to switch to the 360 and get 1 bar. Theres obviously another issue. But it doesn't happen often enough for me to care.Gamefreak1296

yes hint numberr 1. back out of the movie and resume it and it will go back to full bars...

Could be a router issue. Correct ports forwarded? NAT open, moderate, or closed? Could be a lot of things, really.
jay051684

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jay051684
Member since 2005 • 63 Posts
heres another hint for Gamefreak1296 to use: Re-install the netflix program.  I have a great internet connection but netflix was running slow on XBOX and XBOX only. I re-downloaded the program and now have no problem
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamefreak1296"]

I'm tired of seeing people posting topics about Netflix streaming poor quality...

First did you try the search bar?

Second 

-Netflix quality is determined by the SPEED OF YOUR INTERNET not just your tv. 

-when your internet speed drops Netflix re-adjusts to a lower quality so that it can stream without hickups 

If you have bad quality streaming here are 2 solutions

1.Back out of the movie and then resume. It should take you back to full quality

2.Get faster internet

Simple as that

Well allot of people are actually right to say it looks like crap, because it does. The only thing that looks good is the HD content. All the other movies that people want, like the most popular stuff aren't even available in HD and look like uter crap because they're in DVD quality running on TV's made for HD. And some of the stuff I've been streaming to my 360 looks like utter crap..but the HD stuff looks really good. And yes I have full green bars filled all the way up, and no the quality does not lower unless it buffers then lowers not just gradually lower like you're making it sound like. The available selection of movies is absolutely horrible, there's barely anything interesting to watch..and no I don't want free programming that comes on regular TV already. I want premium things like movies in HD. So Netflix wont be getting my money until they get MUCH MUCH more HD content available. Until then when my trial ends December 2ND I wont be extending it.
Gamefreak1296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gamefreak1296

idk I think that the collectionis not bad but not great.... I invited all my friends over and we watched a ton of movies all for free which was cool.

as for dvd quality i think its alright if you have full bars. just lean back an enjoy the movie...

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

Yeah, people don't realise that their internet is crummy till they get Netflix. My friend had 1.5 KBps and had to upgrade to 6 KBps for an extra $10/month. Me? I have FiOS, so I'm sitting incredibly pretty. Heroes looks amazing in HD. No problems at all.donalbane

Ah yes, I have been very happy since my switch to Fios about 6 months ago :)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Step 1. Get faster intrnet

Step 2. Get a better TV