This year's GOTY??

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Honestly, no other game really has a snowballs chance in hell against GTA IV.

And before you go BUH BUH TEH GEARZ 2!!!1 Gears 2 is an exclusive title. GTA IV is multiplat. Put two and two together.

TheGTAvaccine

Just because a game is multiplatform doesnt mean anything. I'm voting for Metal Gear Solid 4 or Gears of War 2. Others include GTA IV, Fable 2, Fallout 3. It's too early to tell.

ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52 ligerz76
Member since 2007 • 2022 Posts
GTA4, GOW2, Fallout 3, or Fable 2.
--Rampage--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 --Rampage--
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts
Its gotta be GTA IV. If not then Gears of War 2.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

How can you people predict that Fable 2 or GOW2 will be GOTY when they arent even released yet. Im betting on one of them to be a complete flop.

GTA IV will win it, and deservedly so.

hama666

niether gow2 are fable 2 will flop since their both just goin buildin upon the previous games (fable 1=good fable 2=good) this isnt always the case but if you put this much time and money into a sequel of a great game, its gonna be good (who knows if itll be great but it wont flop). i.e. assassins creed was building upon nothing giving it a higher chance of floppin (which it kinda did). only GREAT game sequels that flop are ones that try and change something big, like fallout 3, im hopein like hell that game comes close to my expections, and snags the GOTY

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

[QUOTE="brad52"]fable 2Duel_King_X

if gta 4 doesn't win GOTY it will be either Gears 2 or Fallout 3. The only award a ****y game like Fable 2 will win is WORST game of the year . This is simply because Fable , just like WoW (which sucks too) is a game for hardcore RPG players *COFFCOFFnerdsCOFFCOFF

you mean people who can read?

Avatar image for angryguywalking
angryguywalking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 angryguywalking
Member since 2005 • 922 Posts
Going to have to with Gears of War 2. Although, It would be hard to believe that Gears 1 AND Gears 2 win GOTY
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i would say either gta or gears of war, like what everyone else said.
cupcake_JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 cupcake_JR
Member since 2005 • 279 Posts

ok lets all put this in a logical perspective. GTA 4 will PROBABLY win. doesnt mean it should. but. by the time they do the GOTY people might even just forget about it and the game will be sitting there collecting dust. and im not even sure if there are as many GTA fans as we think there are. i think just a larger percent of them are very arrogant and dont take anything into consideration. also not ALL gta fans are going to pick it. sure if u look at gamespots poll and u see a large majority of the people saying so good! or watever that doesnt mean they all think its GOTY.. some might just think its good.

so basically wat im saying is GTA probably will get game of the year but doesnt deserve it... at all.... and i think GOW 2 should win it if they keep the game just as good as the first. but we obviously dont have much info on gears 2 yet sadly.

EDIT: o and just like to add. for all you people that say " OMGZ GEARS 2 LOOKS THE SAME AS GEARS 1 OMGZ!!!" 1 it doesnt and even if it does gears 1 was amazing and looked amazing. and 2 if u look at old gears of war trailers they looked great for wen they were shown but they look bad compared to the actual game.

--MAV3R1CK--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#59 --MAV3R1CK--
Member since 2006 • 9346 Posts
Gears of War 2 will be game of the year, no doubt. Its one of the most innovative games we've had.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#60 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
If it's not GTA IV everyone is a retard
solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
you should ask the month before goty awards are annonced because u dont no wat will be good or not like those little hidden gems like alone inn the dark and left 4 dead
porky_ownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 porky_ownsu
Member since 2008 • 1287 Posts
mgs 4 or geow 2
Digital_DJ_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#63 Digital_DJ_00
Member since 2005 • 1460 Posts
Fable 2 getting GOTY? Don't make me laugh... Fallout 3 has a much better chance of getting GOTY because Bethesda has an awesome RPG history. I have absolutely NO doubt that Fallout 3 will be superior to Fable 2. But if you were to ask me what I think the GOTY will be, I'd have to say MGS4, GOW2 or GTA4. Fable sucks.
charma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#64 charma
Member since 2003 • 578 Posts
Good question. GTA 4.
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#65 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
well it's too early to tell now. it could be Gears 2, or GTA4, or even a less heard of game. maybe something that isn't even announced yet.
gears90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 gears90
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

It will probably be GTAIV. A game that gets perfect scores isnt going to be overlooked. The only other games that stand a chance are Fable 2, Gears of War 2, and possibly Fallout 3 (its by Bethesda which made Oblvion, which was a GOTY) so we'll see. iTs still to early to tell.

p.s. I hope its NOT GTAIV. but it prob will be

LiLCes909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LiLCes909
Member since 2005 • 44 Posts
its either Gears 2 or Metal Gear 4, i dont think GTA 4 is no where near any of those games
kissthedingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 kissthedingo
Member since 2006 • 130 Posts

Indeed.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#69 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

Even though GTA 4 is kick a**, I think that GOW 2 is GOTY. I saw the gameplay, and it made my jaw drop.xRmRxfreakBOMB

I will say that I think that could very well be the case. I watched the new gameplay trailer and about DIED!!! GoW2 looks like it will ROCK!!! If it doesn't win though, it will be because of GTA IV's awesomeness which is OH SO POTENT!!!

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 nickdastick

its either Gears 2 or Metal Gear 4, i dont think GTA 4 is no where near any of those gamesLiLCes909

That makes sense... Since you haven't played either Gears 2 or Metal Gear 4... I'm not saying those games aren't going to rock hardcore but... C'mon... GTA 4 isn't anywhere near those two games? You haven't played either one!!! And GTA 4 got the first 10 in years from IGN and is now the highest rated game of all time! But yeah, it's nowhere near those two games...

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#71 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
I have no doubt that GTA IV will be getting this title.
Pirate_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Pirate_X
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts

Prediction:

GTA IV - Game Of The Year

Gears Of War 2- Beast 360 Game of The Year

Metal Gear Solid- Best PS3 Game

Gears 2 hardly deserves Game of The year. Sure it will have the same great formula with some new stuff here and there. But it's been done before. Also I respect people's feelings towards games and all. But I just don't get why people say things like: It made my jaw drop etc etc...

LiLCes909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LiLCes909

[QUOTE="LiLCes909"]its either Gears 2 or Metal Gear 4, i dont think GTA 4 is no where near any of those gamesnickdastick

That makes sense... Since you haven't played either Gears 2 or Metal Gear 4... I'm not saying those games aren't going to rock hardcore but... C'mon... GTA 4 isn't anywhere near those two games? You haven't played either one!!! And GTA 4 got the first 10 in years from IGN and is now the highest rated game of all time! But yeah, it's nowhere near those two games...

its just a rating, lol, and i havent played both games, but i did play the MGS online beta, tat was awesome

thats what i think about GTA, i havnt been big on GTA aftr vice city, just got bored of it and i did play GTA 4, its good just dont think it worth the hype and the ratings are a bit over rated

Dude i lov gears and metal gear, and there gonna rock, lol

Pete5506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#76 Pete5506
Member since 2006 • 10112 Posts
Fable 2
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 nickdastick
[QUOTE="nickdastick"]

[QUOTE="LiLCes909"]its either Gears 2 or Metal Gear 4, i dont think GTA 4 is no where near any of those gamesLiLCes909

its just a rating, lol, and i havent played both games, but i did play the MGS online beta, tat was awesome

thats what i think about GTA, i havnt been big on GTA aftr vice city, just got bored of it and i did play GTA 4, its good just dont think it worth the hype and the ratings are a bit over rated

No I know dude, I think those games are going to own, it's just the way people say it sometimes like how a game isn't in other games' leagues when the games haven't come out yet. I'm sure Gears 2 will own all as well as MGS4, but it's just hard for me to say they are going to own a game that already owns so hard. Isn't the MGS online beta different than MGS4 though? Like a seperate game I mean. I am thinking of picking up a PS3 just so I can play those games!

Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#78 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
GTA IV.
LiLCes909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LiLCes909
[QUOTE="LiLCes909"][QUOTE="nickdastick"]

[QUOTE="LiLCes909"]its either Gears 2 or Metal Gear 4, i dont think GTA 4 is no where near any of those gamesnickdastick

No I know dude, I think those games are going to own, it's just the way people say it sometimes like how a game isn't in other games' leagues when the games haven't come out yet. I'm sure Gears 2 will own all as well as MGS4, but it's just hard for me to say they are going to own a game that already owns so hard. Isn't the MGS online beta different than MGS4 though? Like a seperate game I mean. I am thinking of picking up a PS3 just so I can play those games!

i know wat ur saying dude, i can talk all i want, but untill the games come out we wont know for sure, lol

i dont think that beta and MGS4 are that much different,

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 nickdastick
[QUOTE="nickdastick"][QUOTE="LiLCes909"][QUOTE="nickdastick"]

[QUOTE="LiLCes909"]its either Gears 2 or Metal Gear 4, i dont think GTA 4 is no where near any of those gamesLiLCes909

i know wat ur saying dude, i can talk all i want, but untill the games come out we wont know for sure, lol

I just meant are they different games, like not on the same disc. And I'm just giving you crap about the other games, I honestly think GoW2 will beat out GTA IV just because that game is a hype machine and a half and I'm sure it will deliver. Same with MGS4, I'm just bustin' your chops!

LiLCes909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LiLCes909
[QUOTE="LiLCes909"][QUOTE="nickdastick"][QUOTE="LiLCes909"][QUOTE="nickdastick"]

I just meant are they different games, like not on the same disc. And I'm just giving you crap about the other games, I honestly think GoW2 will beat out GTA IV just because that game is a hype machine and a half and I'm sure it will deliver. Same with MGS4, I'm just bustin' your chops!

lol, i know u are, jut havin a little fun as well

Duel_King_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Duel_King_X
Member since 2006 • 320 Posts

Fable 2 getting GOTY? Don't make me laugh... Fallout 3 has a much better chance of getting GOTY because Bethesda has an awesome RPG history. I have absolutely NO doubt that Fallout 3 will be superior to Fable 2. But if you were to ask me what I think the GOTY will be, I'd have to say MGS4, GOW2 or GTA4. Fable sucks.Digital_DJ_00

amen brother!

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#83 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

My GOTY.

GTA IV

Star Wars Force Unleashed

King of Fighters XII

The Real GOTY.

either MGS 4 or GTA IV...

in the end it's going to be a game with 4 in the title... and i'm not talking about Soul Caliber 4

nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#84 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts
it will be between gta4, gears 2, fallout 3, too human, mgs4, and maybe fable 2
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

Im really not sure which game will be at the top, and I know that there are some competitors that aren't even out yet.. But in the future, who do you think will win? Im thinking either GTAIV or Gears 2...soufan123

Hopefully Fallout 3, but it'll most likely be GTAIV, which is deserving of it I think.