This guy must be in a world of hurt

This topic is locked from further discussion.

1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 1man
Member since 2005 • 411 Posts
He had a launch Xbox 360 with notable signatures from the gaming community, like people from the Xbox 360 team staff and the Bungie staff. Well, his Xbox died and he had to send it in. He left a special note to give him back the same console. Well they gave him back the same console, but somebody took the time to clean all the signatures and artwork right off! Heres the link http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2008/02/28/another-gamer-screwed-by-microsoft/
UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 UltimateRAGEX
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
That guy got owned. Rofl
Twili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Twili
Member since 2007 • 97 Posts
Oh god... yeah he probably is in a world of hurt. I know i would be.
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
Fake, he bought another 360, put a bit of marker on it, then scrubbed it.
i-like-pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 i-like-pie
Member since 2005 • 4070 Posts
I just saw it on System Wars
yucky_straw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yucky_straw
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
The people at M$ are so caring and giving. They'll even take the time to scrub off priceless signatures.
Avatar image for cookendorfernic
cookendorfernic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 cookendorfernic
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts

Fake, he bought another 360, put a bit of marker on it, then scrubbed it.Shadow_op

If you pay closely enough to the article, you will see what I see. Where they circled the picture saying that they tried clean it off. It is just to the right of the Xbox360 logo that stis on the top of the console (when horizontal). If you look at the pictures with the signatures, there doesn't appear to be any signatures in the spot that the ''smudge'' appears to be. So where did this 'smudge' come from if there were no signatures there? Did it really rub that far? Doubtful. But I also doubt that this person is lieing. I'm thinking that they did not try to clean his console. They reiceved his console, and shipped him a different one. I don't think they would go through that much work to clean the console. I just think its a different console than the original he sent in.

Edit: Either way. I feel bad for the guy.

wanizame98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wanizame98
Member since 2005 • 143 Posts

Man, what a PR hit. MS is already floundering in public perception, and the gaming media seems to be forming a feeding frenzy. Kotaku, et all will be all over this.

Anyway, it really sucks for the guy, but there's no way I'd've entrusted MS with something that had so much sentimental value.

wanizame98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wanizame98

OH MAN THAT MEANS A COUPLE MILLION MORE PEOPLE WONT BUY THE XBOX. Darn!

Nocturnal15

Ha. I'm not saying that. But MS is having a rough time getting any good news out this year, and whether it's stuff like this or bigger stuff like RROD and DRM issues, they seem to keep shooting themselves in their collective foot.

Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts
[QUOTE="Nocturnal15"]

OH MAN THAT MEANS A COUPLE MILLION MORE PEOPLE WONT BUY THE XBOX. Darn!

wanizame98

Ha. I'm not saying that. But MS is having a rough time getting any good news out this year, and whether it's stuff like this or bigger stuff like RROD and DRM issues, they seem to keep shooting themselves in their collective foot.

Well then we are the idiots for buying their console then arent we?

krish117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 krish117
Member since 2007 • 366 Posts
HAHA!!...microsoft does it again!!
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts

Then again if that were my 360 I would never send it in, I would just buy a new one and keep it in a glass case or something because a lot of those signatures would definitely mean a lot.

Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts
[QUOTE="Nocturnal15"]

Well then we are the idiots for buying their console then arent we?

wanizame98

OH TOUCHE!!!!1

LOL I dont know if you are being sarcastic or serious. However I dont mean to sound like a jerk if I am. Its just that theres sooo much bashing towards the 360 (some of it well deserved like RROD) however its basically destroying the competition in various aspects (xbox live + extensive game library) as well as people are still buying the console. So Microsoft must be doing something right.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
Why not just keep that one in the box and go buy another one if it was so sentimental? I know I would have. You wouldn't get a guitar signed by the Beatles or the Rolling Stones and then take it around to gigs and play it. Your sweat would more than likely rub the signatures off. That was stupid of him to send it in. But hey, his console works, right? :lol:!!!
wanizame98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wanizame98
@Nocturnal15: I agree to some extent. I mean, I'm tired of Sony fanboys who trolls forums and rip endlessly on a product they clearly know little about. For example, "XBOX 360 ROFL MORE LIEK SHOOTERBOX 360 U HAV NO OTHER GAME JENRAYS(SP???)." But on the other hand, I'd hate to see the 360 die the death of a thousand cuts. I'm not saying they're in serious trouble, especially since MS can actually lose money on their games division and continue on pretty much as long as they want; but lately it's been a comedy of errors, and I'm wondering if they plan to start dealing with all the nagging problems. Those issues make the weird little stories of poor service (like this one) seem that much worse. IMHO, obviously.
Avatar image for cookendorfernic
cookendorfernic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cookendorfernic
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts

Why not just keep that one in the box and go buy another one if it was so sentimental? I know I would have. You wouldn't get a guitar signed by the Beatles or the Rolling Stones and then take it around to gigs and play it. Your sweat would more than likely rub the signatures off. That was stupid of him to send it in.EnderSR388

I had one of my pool sticks autographed by Mike Massey and I still played with it all the time. Eventually the oils/sweat rubbed it off. I honestly didn't care too much. Haha. I still have one of the shafts and 3 cue balls autographed. So i'm good.. But I wouldn't have used it if it really meant that much to me.. I would think this person would have kept it if he didn't know 100% if he was going to get the same console back or not. Logically speaking..

smghottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 smghottie
Member since 2003 • 276 Posts

Ya i read that article. I'm not sure whether they sent him a new one or actually cleaned it, but either way he got screwed. If I were that connected to my system I'd be battling Microsoft. That is bad customer service.

freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
lol. The guys that did this must be laughing now lol
valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts
Damn, I can't even think about how I would feel. :? I'm sorry for his loss.
fathertroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 fathertroy
Member since 2006 • 1309 Posts
that just sucks
DonMega187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DonMega187
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
Personally I would have sold it on ebay. With the RROD in all and say as is. He would of got a good price for it too.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

First off, who cares? They were just signatures.

Secondly, who the hell would have their "heros" sign a console that they know has a good chance of dying on them?! Whatever happened to just using an autograph book? Why not have them sign your Halo 3 case?

Thirdly, bad customer service? Maybe. But, I suspect as busy as they are they don't have time to take special requests.

1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 1man
Member since 2005 • 411 Posts
I would be so mad.
Bombed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bombed420
Member since 2002 • 230 Posts
I don't buy it. I think this kid is trying to get his 15 minutes of fame. Microsoft in no way would take the time in wipeing down a console that was brought in for repairs, especially if it has a note, obvious personal value, etc. When you bring a car in to get serviced they don't fix the problem and wash your car as well.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
It depends. If you bring your car to the dealership they will wash it.
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
well i feel sorry for him
HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HellRazer360
Member since 2006 • 2693 Posts
good job microsoft...they really do care about their customers...hey i know lets support them and all pay double the list price for xbox live so we recieve even more kindness and love from your truly...microsoft...they are so sweet
iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts
lol its a she but yh that is sad
darthisaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 darthisaki
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts
aaaaahhhhhhh u gotta be cut about that, poor guy.