Things you DONT want in Gears of War 2?

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JaviBonilla23
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts

Mention things you will not want to see Epic feature in Gears of War 2:

I would say:

- More than 4 vs 4 Multiplayer. Reason: beacuse the 4 vs 4 gameplay worked perfectly and the game main gimmick is the cover system and if there are too much people in the game even if you are taking cover you will be flanked or attacked from behind so the cover system will pretty much dissapear.

- Vehicles in Multiplayer. Reason: It will brake the balance of the game. The game itself is a race to see who can get the power weapons first and with the addition of vehicles the balance could be broken. Uness they implement them in a very smart way (like Halo where there are a lot of ways of destroying or stealing a vehicle) I would not want to see them.

-The abscence of 4 player co-op. Reason: I cant imagine why Epic didnt include this in the first game. If you are in a squad of 4 soldiers why just 2 player co-op. That would be like that TMNT game with just 2 player co-op ..... lame.

-The abscence of a Rank system for the multiplayer: This would make the game last so much longer. Why? because the only reason I kept playing like crazy Gears 1 multiplayer was because of the multiplayer achievements. But with the release of COD 4, Halo 3 and RB6 V they now have to include a ranking system to encourage players to keep playing. PS: do it like the Halo rank system because that way is not just a matter of playing a lot but a matter of winning and playing well. I dont like any player being able to get to the higher ranks.

This are just the ones in te top of my head there more. If done correctly Gears 2 can be the best game of this gen. And thats coming from a Halo fan.

tipsycoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 tipsycoma
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts

Things I don't want in Gears of War 2. Hmmm....

HOST ADVANTAGE

Avatar image for deactivated-205
deactivated-205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-205
Member since 2005 • 791 Posts
the multiplayer
deanandlynch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deanandlynch
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
BETTER A.I.
JOHN117_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JOHN117_basic
Member since 2002 • 3418 Posts
non existent storyline
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
Two words: ACTIVE RELOADS
karugukinywa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 karugukinywa
Member since 2005 • 371 Posts
i dont want it to suck
goku234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 goku234
Member since 2005 • 567 Posts

i dont want it to suckkarugukinywa

exactly

booomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 booomer69
Member since 2005 • 4107 Posts

More Players,Four Player Co-op,Ranking System,Harder Achievements,No Lag in Bullets,The host always has the quicker shot.

ThKSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ThKSS
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

when i shoot on the walls there is no holes, there is red ogly point

by the way, my first message in gamespot!!

i was here 5 month and now i'm join to gamespot!

i hope to fit together and learn new thing about the xbox360 (I have xbox 360 2 years so I know the base:D)

ThKSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ThKSS
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

when i shoot on the walls there is no holes, there is red ugly point

by the way, my first message in gamespot!!

i was here 5 month and now i'm join to gamespot!

i hope to fit together and learn new thing about the xbox360 (I have xbox 360 2 years so I know the base:D)

ThKSS

Please dont laugh about my spelling, i dont speak english well

cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
all you've done is made a "what DO you want in Gears 2" thread, but in a stupid way.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Host advantage/quitter/glitchers ruined Gears.

I would like to see dedicated servers, people able to join mid-game(so no ranked vs player match) and strict punishment for glitchers.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

I would say:

- More than 4 vs 4 Multiplayer. Reason: beacuse the 4 vs 4 gameplay worked perfectly and the game main gimmick is the cover system and if there are too much people in the game even if you are taking cover you will be flanked or attacked from behind so the cover system will pretty much dissapear.

- Vehicles in Multiplayer. Reason: It will brake the balance of the game. The game itself is a race to see who can get the power weapons first and with the addition of vehicles the balance could be broken. Uness they implement them in a very smart way (like Halo where there are a lot of ways of destroying or stealing a vehicle) I would not want to see them.

-The abscence of 4 player co-op. Reason: I cant imagine why Epic didnt include this in the first game. If you are in a squad of 4 soldiers why just 2 player co-op. That would be like that TMNT game with just 2 player co-op ..... lame.

-The abscence of a Rank system for the multiplayer: This would make the game last so much longer. Why? because the only reason I kept playing like crazy Gears 1 multiplayer was because of the multiplayer achievements. But with the release of COD 4, Halo 3 and RB6 V they now have to include a ranking system to encourage players to keep playing. PS: do it like the Halo rank system because that way is not just a matter of playing a lot but a matter of winning and playing well. I dont like any player being able to get to the higher ranks.

This are just the ones in te top of my head there more. If done correctly Gears 2 can be the best game of this gen. And thats coming from a Halo fan.

JaviBonilla23

do you not care for the SP at all? *sigh*

APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

HOST ADVANTAGE

tipsycoma

Vehicules and Active Reloads

CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts
You should only be able to active reload if you killed someone. Waisting bullets and then active reloading is just lame.
RawhideSphinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RawhideSphinx
Member since 2004 • 527 Posts

-no back to back melee attacks

-no host adv

-when someone quits they are replaced with a highly AI bot

-a mix of small, medium and large maps

-eliminate once and for all rodey slide

-add taunts

-single death match

-acid sprayer, prox mines, flamethrower, guided missles, remote mines, turrets

-human and locusts fighting together

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts

HOST ADVANTAGE

tipsycoma
host advantage is only because since the server is running on their connection they have no lag so DEE DEE DEE
JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JaviBonilla23

all you've done is made a "what DO you want in Gears 2" thread, but in a stupid way.cheames748

I realized that a little late lol,but its true

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts
well u can change the topic title tc
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts
I do not want the sequel at all if it is like the first Gears of War, but if it is better then the first then I may be interested. The first one I didn't care for to much, as I bought it because I really like shooters but the gameplay and control just isn't that good compared to the COD games and the GRAW games.
Captain-Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Captain-Ichigo
Member since 2007 • 545 Posts
Gears of war is the type of game that would have host advantage so deal with it.Btw for people that dont want host you could always ask for servers which would make the game kinda stupid but better for some people.
Captain-Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Captain-Ichigo
I do not want the sequel at all if it is like the first Gears of War, but if it is better then the first then I may be interested. The first one I didn't care for to much, as I bought it because I really like shooters but the gameplay and control just isn't that good compared to the COD games and the GRAW games.ghstbstr
If you listen to what you say that is not valid cause its not a fps it is a third person shooter so you can't compare it with cod
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ghstbstr

[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]I do not want the sequel at all if it is like the first Gears of War, but if it is better then the first then I may be interested. The first one I didn't care for to much, as I bought it because I really like shooters but the gameplay and control just isn't that good compared to the COD games and the GRAW games.Captain-Ichigo
If you listen to what you say that is not valid cause its not a fps it is a third person shooter so you can't compare it with cod

I didn't say either FPS or Third Person Shooter, all I said was a shooter. A shooter is a shooter as I don't care if it is a FPS or Third Person Shooter. Okay.

Captain-Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Captain-Ichigo

[QUOTE="Captain-Ichigo"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"]I do not want the sequel at all if it is like the first Gears of War, but if it is better then the first then I may be interested. The first one I didn't care for to much, as I bought it because I really like shooters but the gameplay and control just isn't that good compared to the COD games and the GRAW games.ghstbstr

I didn't say either FPS or Third Person Shooter, all I said was a shooter. A shooter is a shooter as I don't care if it is a FPS or Third Person Shooter. Okay.

Now listen to what your saying. but the gameplay and control just isn't that good compared to the COD games and the GRAW games. your comparing gears gameplay and control to cod. Which would obviously Compare FPS control and gameplay to a third person shooter
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ghstbstr
[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

[QUOTE="Captain-Ichigo"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"]I do not want the sequel at all if it is like the first Gears of War, but if it is better then the first then I may be interested. The first one I didn't care for to much, as I bought it because I really like shooters but the gameplay and control just isn't that good compared to the COD games and the GRAW games.Captain-Ichigo

Now listen to what your saying. but the gameplay and control just isn't that good compared to the COD games and the GRAW games. your comparing gears gameplay and control to cod. Which would obviously Compare FPS control and gameplay to a third person shooter

Whatever, really now don't be so dang technical. A shooter is still a shooter, as I like all shooter type games but I did not like Gears of War so what.

Captain-Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Captain-Ichigo
[QUOTE="Captain-Ichigo"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

[QUOTE="Captain-Ichigo"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"]I do not want the sequel at all if it is like the first Gears of War, but if it is better then the first then I may be interested. The first one I didn't care for to much, as I bought it because I really like shooters but the gameplay and control just isn't that good compared to the COD games and the GRAW games.ghstbstr

Whatever, really now don't be so dang technical. A shooter is still a shooter, as I like all shooter type games but I did not like Gears of War so what.

thats all you had to say
tipsycoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tipsycoma
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts
[QUOTE="tipsycoma"]

HOST ADVANTAGE

GEARSofWAR360

host advantage is only because since the server is running on their connection they have no lag so DEE DEE DEE

I know DEE DEE DEE

reject09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 reject09
Member since 2006 • 510 Posts
wouldnt it have been easier to ask what we do want? id like to see 4 player co-op, bigger online matches, and at least 3 or 4 new weapons.
juan_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 juan_789
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
no lag
mrjigyfly02790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mrjigyfly02790
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts
lets see..... bullet lag
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
bullet lag and glitching aka crab walkin and kung fu flips
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

No host advantage, period.

No more gliches.

No more small flat maps, maps are usually tiny and flat and the addition of jumping would be nice.
JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JaviBonilla23
[QUOTE="Captain-Ichigo"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

You did not like Gears? Just when I tought I had heard it all.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ghstbstr

JaviBonilla23

Ha-ha funny. :roll:

Gears of War isn't great just okay, atleast not as great as everyone says it is. There many other shooter games that are better atleast to me there is. As everyone has their own opinion.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
[QUOTE="JaviBonilla23"]

ghstbstr

Gears of War isn't great just okay, atleast not as great as everyone says it is. There many other shooter games that are better atleast to me there is. As everyone has their own opinion.

Gears was decent it had potential to be amazing but there are so many things wrong with it that hold it back. It really to me was an 8 or 8.5 definitely not 9.4 which is what GSpot gave it I believe.

callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts

HOST ADVANTAGE

tipsycoma

That's why i quit playing GoW in Decem 06

foxy_grandpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 foxy_grandpa
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts

"do it like the Halo rank system because that way is not just a matter of playing a lot but a matter of winning and playing well."

i would say keep the ranking system the same. halo 3 just rewards the team who wins. gears rewards on the basis of skill regardless of win or loss.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
I don't want the multiplayer achievements to be so hard to get. The only one I've gotten from it is "Play and finish your first online ranked match".
Darth_Tigris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Darth_Tigris
Member since 2002 • 2506 Posts

More gore, f-bombs or bad tough guy dialogue. The first game just seemed like it was trying too hard to be tough and cool a lot.

For the record, though, I REALLY enjoyed the first game. Particularly the co-op campaign.

Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts

Chessey ass campaign...sterotypical bad-ass characters...host advantage

RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
I agree no more than 4 on 4, no vehicles, not to many new weapons, 4 co-op ONLINE, I would like 4 player campaign, but 4 online is too much, not enough screen, too much screen looking, and its just too many. Overall I would just keep the game theway it is but put in 4 player campaign, and a system online like CALL of duty 4.
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

host advantage.

i dont want peoples int internet connection showing how good you are.

Colemenkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Colemenkiller
Member since 2008 • 133 Posts

No more host advantage, no more stupid glitches crab walk, or bullet lag, I want a better plot to really explain the story because all I know Locoust hate humans pretty much sums it up. I want the 4 player co-op, Biger Maps to fit more players to at least 8 on a team to make it more challenging like halo 3, Microsoft to band people who glitch (AWSOME) if that happend. less pointless cursing of course, I want my alies to be smart lol, AI need to be better, NO MORE KICKBALL RAGDOLL OF COURSE, I would like to see some sort of vehicle in the game if not I'll still be happy with they add and get rid of stuff I dont want. But other then the stupid people on xbox live and glitches and pointless cursing and matches going way to fast gears was pretty good I personally would give gears a 8.5 cause it wasn't terrible like some people say.

congrats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 congrats
Member since 2005 • 103 Posts

I would say:

JaviBonilla23

I wouldn't mind more than 4 on 4 gameplay. They could do a few more, but they would have to make the maps bigger, and utilize objectives. I also don't think the cover system will disappear if a few more are allowed to play. Teammates stick together, so if you're camping then you're ultimately going to get flanked;unless they don't know where you are.

I think Vehicles bring an interesting Graphical play into a game, and if Gears does it, then that might be cool. It changes up the gameplay in a bigway. I enjoyed the vehicles in Halo, but I didn't play it enough to get used to flying the Banshee. I like being the driver assisting my turret gunner. Yes! for vehicles.

I agree about the 4 player co-op.They definitley need to bring that about. It would have to increase the games difficulty in a major way though. Beyond Insane mode, or maybe even beyond the mode that's beyond Insane mode.

Ranking systems have been around for awhile, so it's for people who like to compete, which I don't mind at all. I always enjoy playing against really competitive players. It definitely makes me look like a novice that needs adjusment or that I can compete with the best of them.

What I don't want to see in Gears of War 2 are the reduction of crazy weapons. I so much had a blast with the Chainsaw melee. That always cracked me up, but people online were calling it a Nube Weapon, which I don't really understand. Anyone that gets chainsawed and calls you a Nube, just keep chainsawing them over, and over and over. They should know how to play by now, especially by getting out of the way or hearing it coming. I also think Host advantage is LAMEEEEEEEE!!! they really need to get rid of that. If there was a reason, like say if you kill the Host your rank goes up higher or something!!! The sheer fact that the host is stronger is LAAAAAMMMMMEE!!! I only Hosted like 3 games, because it was so easy to kill someone. I felt like I popped in a Game Genie and started winning all of a sudden. NOT A COOL ELEMENT OF GAMEPLAY!!! EPic should also work on their Kinks of system design which allows players to manipulate the game; causing glitches. I always hate playing against Glitchers, because if you quit a game the glitchers give you a bad rating for quiting!?? Thank Bungie for creating a system of monitored games. You can always go back and plead your case if someone is messing with you or the game!

Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
I want better matchmaking, no one shot downs with the sniper, no vehicles, a rank system and a different melee system for the sniper (it's a long-range weapon, not a freakin' baseball bat).
congrats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 congrats

Chessey ass campaign...sterotypical bad-ass characters...host advantage

AtomicBaconBits

Hahahahah, Stereotypical bad assed characters. Lol, I like that complaint. Yeah, it's like the greasy Football team hardheads of america using weapons and running around grimaced face n' all; Not that war that ends the earth should make you smile :(

JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JaviBonilla23
[QUOTE="JaviBonilla23"]

ghstbstr

Yes there are better shooters today. But back in the day when it was released Gears was the king.

congrats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 congrats

Gears of war is the type of game that would have host advantage so deal with it.Btw for people that dont want host you could always ask for servers which would make the game kinda stupid but better for some people.Captain-Ichigo

You must of hosted plenty games. Host advantage is the only reason to call somebody a NUBE!!!

congrats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 congrats

-no back to back melee attacks

-no host adv

-when someone quits they are replaced with a highly AI bot

-a mix of small, medium and large maps

-eliminate once and for all rodey slide

-add taunts

-single death match

-acid sprayer, prox mines, flamethrower, guided missles, remote mines, turrets

-human and locusts fighting together

RawhideSphinx

Interesting, I think adding and AI bot if someone quits would be cool. lol, Acid SPrayer.