They should do some mappack for MW2. :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

I play this game for like 2-3 months...
And IMO... they should make some new maps for multiplayer....
Maps which are in game now... feels old.. for me :P

What do you think?
It would be sweet if they do even 2-3 new maps :)

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
they r, sumtime in spring ! w00t!
wado-karate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 wado-karate
Member since 2007 • 3831 Posts

With how money hungry Infinity Ward has become lately I no doubt expect that they won't release a map pack.

dragonic9100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dragonic9100
Member since 2009 • 356 Posts

as long as it doesn't make some kind of glitch. i'm just waiting for someone to find a way to getinfinite chopper gunners. then we would all get to wait a month for a patch :)

Avatar image for Shadowalker1191
Shadowalker1191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shadowalker1191
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts
Sometime in spring yes. But first thing IW needs to do is pull the servers off line for as long as needed to fix all the glitches, than wipe the player database for all the hacked and glitched players and leader boards. Then the game can be brought back on-line for people to play. But thats my thoughts on it.
Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Matthew-first

Sometime in spring yes. But first thing IW needs to do is pull the servers off line for as long as needed to fix all the glitches, than wipe the player database for all the hacked and glitched players and leader boards. Then the game can be brought back on-line for people to play. But thats my thoughts on it.Shadowalker1191

In spring ? :D Have you read about it somewhere ?
For me there isn't a lot of glitches...
But about the players... then yea...

They should remove that thing to respawn in place where you want... ( i dont remember the name of this thing in english :P)

Then 2 friendly players wouldnt get kills to each other for nuke... ;

But thats the only thing they could repair...

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Matthew-first

With how money hungry Infinity Ward has become lately I no doubt expect that they won't release a map pack.

wado-karate

They would get more money on new maps if they are hungry... :|
or I haven't understood you...

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

wado-karate
thats really ironic and incorrect. Firstly they are releasing a map pack; secondly, if they were money hungry wouldnt they want to release a map pack in order to increase revenue?
Balbaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Balbaar
Member since 2010 • 209 Posts
They're releasing CoD4 classics like Shipment and Overgrown(don't know about Overgrown), and they're also releasing a map pack with a White House map so we'll see.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
I think the game is crying out for more maps now. A lot of the maps have become predictable and boring now e.g. You know everybody on Derail runs into the middle building and camps the staircases with shotguns. I just hope any map pack will have good maps, and not just one half-decent one like in the CoD4 map pack.
Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Matthew-first

They're releasing CoD4 classics like Shipment and Overgrown(don't know about Overgrown), and they're also releasing a map pack with a White House map so we'll see.Balbaar

Where can I read about it ?

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

I hope they are good maps. Unlike the map pack for MW1.

Balbaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Balbaar
Member since 2010 • 209 Posts

[QUOTE="Balbaar"]They're releasing CoD4 classics like Shipment and Overgrown(don't know about Overgrown), and they're also releasing a map pack with a White House map so we'll see.Matthew-first

There was a video on YouTube. A guy on the PC version of MW2 hacked the servers and IW had already put the maps on the server, they just hadn't released them yet. There's also a new gametype coming out called Global Thermonuclear War which can be found here.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

[QUOTE="Balbaar"]They're releasing CoD4 classics like Shipment and Overgrown(don't know about Overgrown), and they're also releasing a map pack with a White House map so we'll see.Balbaar

There was a video on YouTube. A guy on the PC version of MW2 hacked the servers and IW had already put the maps on the server, they just hadn't released them yet. There's also a new gametype coming out called Global Thermonuclear War which can be found here.

no way! someone hacked MW2? So that means the people on top of the leaderboards might not be there legitimately...

Avatar image for DragoonKain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DragoonKain1687
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

[QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

[QUOTE="Balbaar"]They're releasing CoD4 classics like Shipment and Overgrown(don't know about Overgrown), and they're also releasing a map pack with a White House map so we'll see.Balbaar

Actually, some of those things are already on the game, at least in the PC version, and hackers found the codes already in the game. Which also led many of us to think that they would be adding the MP sooner.

Apparently there are also some more perks.

But, I already grew tired of the game, too many glitches and even more glitchers, and IW is not fixing any sadly.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="Balbaar"][QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

DragoonKain1687

Actually, some of those things are already on the game, at least in the PC version, and hackers found the codes already in the game. Which also led many of us to think that they would be adding the MP sooner.

But, I already grew tired of the game, too many glitches and even more glitchers, and IW is not fixing any sadly.

what they need to do is delete half the damn leaderboards, the first couple of pages in almost every catagory is filled with cheaters

Avatar image for DragoonKain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DragoonKain1687
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

[QUOTE="DragoonKain1687"]

[QUOTE="Balbaar"]There was a video on YouTube. A guy on the PC version of MW2 hacked the servers and IW had already put the maps on the server, they just hadn't released them yet. There's also a new gametype coming out called Global Thermonuclear War which can be found here.chaoscougar1

what they need to do is delete half the damn leaderboards, the first couple of pages in almost every catagory is filled with cheaters

Those numbers have always creeped me out.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
They will release one. More like 4.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

yeah anybody who dosent think there will be at least 3 or 4 map packs is wrong. You gotta give it some time the game came out in November. Its funny because if they had released some map packs by now people would have complained about how it was too early and should have been included with the game.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

speaking of cod Are they ever going to make that Nazi Zombie new one...... What was It....

XGC_TwyLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 XGC_TwyLight
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts

Sometime in spring yes. But first thing IW needs to do is pull the servers off line for as long as needed to fix all the glitches, than wipe the player database for all the hacked and glitched players and leader boards. Then the game can be brought back on-line for people to play. But thats my thoughts on it.Shadowalker1191

I def agree with you on that.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

New maps are being released with the nuke gametype.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 caddy

yeah anybody who dosent think there will be at least 3 or 4 map packs is wrong. You gotta give it some time the game came out in November. Its funny because if they had released some map packs by now people would have complained about how it was too early and should have been included with the game.

Gen007
Well, I don't know about that many map packs. CoD4 only had one. Hopefully IW side with quality over quantity.
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

first map pack will arrive prolly around late march. There will more than likely only be 2-3 map packs and each will have 3 multiplayer maps, new titles and emblems, and a few new spec ops missions. and no, the DLC will not be occumponied by the nuke gametype, 402 said it wa scrapped and there are no plans to release it. Also, no there will not be and COD4 maps brought to MW2, the youtube video was from someone who hacked a dev kit to get into developers test servers, they found the names of crash, shipment, and others from when IW was testing the game and imported them into MW2 to test if they would work with the new perks/killstreaks, they decided that no they would not work so the only way you'll see COD4 maps in MW2 is if their re-made and much bigger/different.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 caddy

first map pack will arrive prolly around late march. There will more than likely only be 2-3 map packs and each will have 3 multiplayer maps, new titles and emblems, and a few new spec ops missions. and no, the DLC will not be occumponied by the nuke gametype, 402 said it wa scrapped and there are no plans to release it. Also, no there will not be and COD4 maps brought to MW2, the youtube video was from someone who hacked a dev kit to get into developers test servers, they found the names of crash, shipment, and others from when IW was testing the game and imported them into MW2 to test if they would work with the new perks/killstreaks, they decided that no they would not work so the only way you'll see COD4 maps in MW2 is if their re-made and much bigger/different.

JayQproductions
Can you provide links to all of this information?
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JayQproductions

[QUOTE="JayQproductions"]

Caddy06_88

Can you provide links to all of this information?

late march is just a given (BFBC2 is their biggest comp)

you'll have to read twitter posts to find out about the no nuke gametype, new titles and emblems

and you'll have to read/watch old interviews with IW to know they tested COD4 maps on MW2 and wont be bringing any to MW2

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 caddy

you'll have to read twitter posts to find out about the no nuke gametype, new titles and emblems

and you'll have to read/watch old interviews with IW to know they tested COD4 maps on MW2 and wont be bringing any to MW2

JayQproductions
So none of that was really confirmed. It may or may not be true, but it's best not to treat it as fact.
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JayQproductions

Caddy06_88

So none of that was really confirmed. It may or may not be true, but it's best not to treat it as fact.

all but the late march thing came directly from the Infinity Ward team so im taking it as fact.

XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts
Meh, I got tired of Modern Warfare 2 by the Cheaters, Glitchers (which I heard there gone from the update, but not much), and Campers in the game. This was the first COD game that I sold, which I sold it for Mass Effect 2, which (IMO) was the best decision in my life. I haven't played a more stressful game other then Modern Warfare 2, and Im glad that I sold it. So :) to me.
FAMASWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FAMASWarrior
Member since 2010 • 36 Posts
Infinity Ward is way ahead of you on that, they are planning to release a map pack in spring.
LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LostSoul781
Member since 2003 • 1630 Posts

Hopefully it's new maps not maps from CoD4

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 caddy

all but the late march thing came directly from the Infinity Ward team so im taking it as fact.

JayQproductions
But you couldn't even provide links to them saying that. That would be super helpful.
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JayQproductions

Caddy06_88

But you couldn't even provide links to them saying that. That would be super helpful.

yea, im not gonna spend hours searching through old interviews and twitter posts i've already read for someone who's less informed

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 caddy

yea, im not gonna spend hours searching through old interviews and twitter posts i've already read for someone who's less informed

JayQproductions
I wouldn't even accept twitter gossip anyway :wink:
Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Matthew-first

Caddy06_88

I wouldn't even accept twitter gossip anyway :wink:

yea... I won't believe any other sites except the official one.