they need to stop comparing...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ianp_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ianp_91
Member since 2004 • 2376 Posts
iv been kinda tired of all the posts comparing games to halo...halo vs. this..halo vs. that. Its halo..some people hate it..some people love it..its their own opinion...seriously. Why compare halo vs. gears of war when they are completely two different games. Or why compare orange box with halo when orange box is completely different with portal and TF2. They need to start locking these because i am seeing floods of them when i get on.
Geek12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Geek12
Member since 2004 • 1871 Posts
Your right, thats like comparing Cod4 and World in Conflict. Sure, there both about war but still. You cant compare them. Or, Guitar Hero and DDR, ones dancing ones Guitar. One has dance one has rock. They may seem compareable but it really comes down to opinion.
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
Because it can influence your purchase and some people are curious as to what others think. Wouldn't you be mad if (back in PS2 days, for me at least) Someone had told you that Driver: Parallel Lines was WAY better than San Andreas? Sure I liked both games and they were both good in their own respect but if someone asked me which one they should get I'd say San Andreas hands down. Comparisons have been done forever and will continue being done so stop complaining about it.
Chaos_SpecOps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chaos_SpecOps
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

Because it can influence your purchase and some people are curious as to what others think. Wouldn't you be mad if (back in PS2 days, for me at least) Someone had told you that Driver: Parallel Lines was WAY better than San Andreas? Sure I liked both games and they were both good in their own respect but if someone asked me which one they should get I'd say San Andreas hands down. Comparisons have been done forever and will continue being done so stop complaining about it.Scarface_tm431

Nicely said;)

schwagnah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 schwagnah
Member since 2004 • 771 Posts
even though they're different in many ways, people will FOREVER AND ALWAYS compare Halo to anything. Its the nature of people... sorry, but things aren't going to change in the next few... centuries.
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

Well it depends what your comparing. Certain aspects can be compared even through genre differences. You can compare amount of features or if the online is intregrated into the game well. I am personally a fan of Halo 3 matchmaking system over Gears of War and that aspect is actually comparable. The problem is people are comparing things that really arn't the best to compare or even work. Graphics is one aspect that is borderline for a lot of things because you have to take in scale, but a lot of people don't consider that and it makes the arguement pointless. Another is story... of course an RPG "should" have a better story than a shooter and while they may sometimes not be true it usually is.

So some aspects are comparable while others arn't and the problem is that almost everyone that compares is comparing the aspects that arn't comparable.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

Because it can influence your purchase and some people are curious as to what others think. Wouldn't you be mad if (back in PS2 days, for me at least) Someone had told you that Driver: Parallel Lines was WAY better than San Andreas? Sure I liked both games and they were both good in their own respect but if someone asked me which one they should get I'd say San Andreas hands down. Comparisons have been done forever and will continue being done so stop complaining about it.Scarface_tm431

that is very true, but what i think the TC is meaning when people compare games that they like to ons they hate and just rant uselessly, now THAT is bothersome

gdogghenrikson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 gdogghenrikson
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts

I agree