The Orange box, COD4, or something else. What do you suggests?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mooshoo543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 mooshoo543
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts

I am wondering what i should get, I liek the orange box for the deals. But i ike COD4 for its multiplayer and it is said to be really awesome. If there is something else you would rather suggests tell me!!!

Dead_Prophecy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dead_Prophecy
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts
CoD4. Best MP on 360.
arcelice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 arcelice
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts

im also having this problem. I can't decide. I participated in the cod 4 beta and rly liked it, but since the campaign is only 5 hrs, im kinda reluctant about buying it.

As for the orange box, i'm still not sure whether i'd like half life, TF2, or portal.

grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
If you've never played Half Life 2 you need to get The Orange Box.
TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts
Mass Effect or COD4.
mama_volvic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mama_volvic
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

COD4 is pretty awesome, but I'd spend your 60 bucks on The Orange Box,because if you want COD4 for its multiplayer, you have Team Fortress II. If you don't like puzzles in your FPSs, however, stick to Call of Duty.

-_Jeremy_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 -_Jeremy_-
Member since 2006 • 7237 Posts
The Orange Box.
Half Life 2. Episode 1. Episode 2. Portal. Team Fortress. 5 excellent games.

I'm done.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Personally I'd go for COD4 (or mass effect if you have that option as well). I like the orange box, but for some reason, I get dizzy playing that game. Not sure why. Anyone else have that same problem? I play other FPS games with no problems, but when I start playing Orange box or even the half life games, I start to get dizzy.
LordChar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LordChar
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts

I would say go with Mass Effect :)

slevin786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 slevin786
Member since 2004 • 627 Posts
i dont like it when people say that the single player in COD4 is short. COD 4, like all of the call of duty games, are most enjoyable when playedon the veteran difficulty (in my opinion) for campaign. that my friends willtake more than 5 hours. but still the orange box is the best way to go.
Wolf3235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wolf3235
Member since 2006 • 91 Posts
On black friday I think they're selling Orange Box for $24 or something like that. That's a hell of of deal. 5 superb games for the price of a third of one. Get orange box. Even if you don't get savings get orange box. 5 games for the price of one. think about it
Avatar image for Jedi_Master1121
Jedi_Master1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 Jedi_Master1121
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts

If you are a online gamer- Call of Duty 4 and Halo3 or Gears of war

If you like adventure Sonic is allways a blast lol

wavey_gravey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 wavey_gravey
Member since 2007 • 11155 Posts

Personally I'd go for COD4 (or mass effect if you have that option as well). I like the orange box, but for some reason, I get dizzy playing that game. Not sure why. Anyone else have that same problem? I play other FPS games with no problems, but when I start playing Orange box or even the half life games, I start to get dizzy. feryl06

YES YES YES!I get dizzy as well! I posted a thread a while ago about it - not sure if you participated, but yes - I get motion sickness! :(

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

Must of missed that post. Yea, it's quite strange really how Half life games get me dizzy, but other FPS don't. Let me know if you find out why that's the case for you as well?

Anyway, COD4 (to keep with the topic) has an amazing online game. But then again so does Team Fortress (so I've heard). Choices...

[QUOTE="feryl06"]Personally I'd go for COD4 (or mass effect if you have that option as well). I like the orange box, but for some reason, I get dizzy playing that game. Not sure why. Anyone else have that same problem? I play other FPS games with no problems, but when I start playing Orange box or even the half life games, I start to get dizzy. wavey_gravey

YES YES YES!I get dizzy as well! I posted a thread a while ago about it - not sure if you participated, but yes - I get motion sickness! :(

yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
call of duty 4
XxorigxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 XxorigxX
Member since 2007 • 565 Posts
You need to get call of duty this game is awesome.....
DaKidLiLJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaKidLiLJ
Member since 2007 • 842 Posts
COD4 No doubt...the single player is replayable so you can do it on hardened and than head to veteran which is so frustrating...it's like the AI know where you at automatically...still a bit fun and the achievements keep you playing...and online...forget about it...the best MP i played on the x360 so far...
imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts

All the games recommened are really, really awesome. The Only game I can't recommend fully is Assassin's Creed. I agree more with the IGN review (7.7).

Orange Box is an incredible deal and ultimately you can not go wrong with buying it. Team Fortress 2 is the BEST multiplayer game I've ever played. Half Life 2 is a good single player experience, but it doesn't even touch Call of Duty 4 if you're looking for a solid single player campaign, no matter how short CoD4 is. To be honest, after playing Half Life 2 for 10 hours, it began to feel like a chore. Call of Duty 4 was a blast to play in-and-out and the multiplayer is AWESOME but not as fun as Team Fortress 2.

Mass Effect is another great game, but beware when you fight Matriarch Benezie, the first boss battle, the battle is SSOOOO damn hard it's almost not worth getting the game. Trust me, this one stupid boss fight is so frustrating you will want to throw the Xbox out the window. I still haven't beaten Benezie yet and I've tried fighting her for 4 hours over-and-over-and-over again. I'ts just IMPOSSIBE.

DigitalWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DigitalWatch

I don't have Mass Effect yet so I will only comment on Orange Box vs COD4.

Hands down, COD4. The Orange Box is so overrated it's rediculous.

COD4 manages to bring so much action into a FPS like I've never experienced before. The entire feel of the game is fluid and well thought-out. The multiplayer is also phenominal, with a unique leveling system that keeps all matches challenging because of the way you unlock weapons and bonuses and play with people who have more or less than you do. If you get some good teams together who actually talk and form strategies it's unparalled fun.

The Orange Box on the other hand. . . I can see how it might have been good on the PC. At the release time the graphics were quite good but now . . . compared to COD4, it's peanuts. I found the storyline to be completely droll and the gameplay wasn't spectacular. There was almost a complete lack of "filler" so to say; as in the huge epic action sequences of escaping on the boat trying to get away from the helicopter had no music, no supporting sound effects. Boat motor and helicopter rotors. Completely empty and boring, whereas in COD4 there is so much noise and shouting from your commrades you feel you're actually there. Team Fortress was for me, a horrible online experience. I tried it on 4 separate occasions, all of which were so insanely laggy that people were popping on and off the screen, through walls, random deaths. Portal was about the only thing worthwhile but it was too short. 1.5 hours and done.

If I hadn't had to import the Orange Box I would have already returned it for my money back.

mrcong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrcong
Member since 2007 • 3929 Posts

The OB graphics are quite great IMO. They just seem more organic and realistic than CoD 4, whose graphics seem strange and stylized(paper everywhere, for one). Not to mention the facial animations in HL>>>>>>>>>>>>>CoD 4.

And another thing, unless you have a bad sense of hearing, you would know that in HL, when dramatic sequences kick in, so does EPIC music, the best of any game IMO. CoD? Meh,,,

As for storyline, dont compare CoD 4 with HL. In CoD, I dont even care about any character, they're just AI. In HL, the characters are very organic and human, and I actually care about them all. The story in CoD 4 is alao generic. Evil General acquires nuclear bombs...(ZZZZZZ) Half-Life is so great, especially Ep. 2.

And about Team Fortress, yes, it was extremely laggy. But they patched that long ago. Now, any lag is caused from poor internet connection hosting games with too many people. Team Fortress MP actually has VARIETY, unlike CoD. In CoD, you pick a new weapon, and fire. Thats it, over and over and over. In TF, there are so many options, and your role actually differs from others on your team, its is the best teamwork game out there.

Everyone, rent it for yourself and decide. Dont listen to above poster.

Final Word: Orange Box-9.5, CoD 4-9.0

9.5>9.0

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I have them both, but have not played Orange Box yet. I would go with COD4 because of it's awesome campaign and even more awesome multiplayer which will have you hooked. I played multiplayer one night for 3 hours straight because I couldn't seem to put down the controller and my son was sleeping, so I took adantage.
DigitalWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DigitalWatch

Final Word: Orange Box-9.5, CoD 4-9.0

9.5>9.0

mrcong

You can't trust numbers like that when someone reviews Assassin's Creed and gives THAT a 9.0 and doesn't mention anywhere in the entire review that the game feels like a broken record it's so repetitive. Numbers mean nothing when they're based on hype, and that's all the Orange Box has got going for it.

X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 X-7
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts

im also having this problem. I can't decide. I participated in the cod 4 beta and rly liked it, but since the campaign is only 5 hrs, im kinda reluctant about buying it.

As for the orange box, i'm still not sure whether i'd like half life, TF2, or portal.

arcelice

Rent the Orange Box.

ebookerd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ebookerd1
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts

Go with Mass Effect everytime you play there will be a different experience . All the other games that you mentioned have been done 30-80 times over with the same formula. Personallly if I only had those I would be torn But I would Choose Orange box because HalfLife 2 is a great single player exxperience and team fortress is a great multiplayer experience. It reall is a complete game. But still

MASS EFFECT #1!!!!