The ONE thing you want M$ to do for the 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts

What is the thing you want M$ to do most to improve the Xbox 360?

It's tough for me to say, but most likely I'd say make maps and other additional content for games free, or at leas tup to the discretion of the developer. I come from a PC gaming background, so having to pay for maps and such seems quite ridiculous (which is why I still don't have the Heroic Map Pack, and won't until it's free). It's not that I'm too cheap to buy it, I'm just not going to pay for something that should be free. I think its even more ridiculous that ofther times the developers want to release the content for free, but M$ won't let them. Stupid....

Anyway, what's your one desperate request to M$?

Galadreil782

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Galadreil782
Member since 2007 • 3027 Posts
Stop with the stupid child accounts not being able to download M rated stuff ! :evil:
gigidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 gigidey
Member since 2006 • 4477 Posts

1.Fix the red ring

2.Fix the disc-burning thing

jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
Make another price drop.
Avatar image for JannettyTRocker
JannettyTRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 JannettyTRocker
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts

I have a few........

1) Allow us to change our gamertags atleast once a year for free.

2) Allow us to delete our achievement points whenever we feel like it. I know that I'm not the only one who wants to delete their gamerscore and start over just for the heck of it.

3) Bring down the cost of the 120 GB HDD; make it more reasonably affordable.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
make Acheivenemnt points the new MS points...never gonna happen...but it would make 360 games fly off the shelves
Avatar image for patsfan4liferjn
patsfan4liferjn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 patsfan4liferjn
Member since 2007 • 1253 Posts

make xbl free and lower the price of games

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts

I have a few........

1) Allow us to change our gamertags atleast once a year for free.

2) Allow us to delete our achievement points whenever we feel like it. I know that I'm not the only one who wants to delete their gamerscore and start over just for the heck of it.

3) Bring down the cost of the 120 GB HDD; make it more reasonably affordable.

JannettyTRocker

Yeah to all of those.

Avatar image for FamilyGuyFan507
FamilyGuyFan507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#9 FamilyGuyFan507
Member since 2005 • 2463 Posts
Internet and a win competition of MS Points.
Roxas12934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Roxas12934
Member since 2006 • 1854 Posts

1: Quicker Downloads for Members who have gold and Slower Downloads for Silver. Im talking about when you download a movie or Theme on XBL Marketplace.

2: Fix it so the disc tray stops freezing up and sometimes wont Open. (sometimes i open my disc tray and it wont come out and you can hear it trying to Open)

8BITter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 8BITter
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

I would like to see a dynamic 360 lobby menu. I don't think this is possible for the current generation consoles, but I think this should be a consideration for future consoles. Imagine that you fire up your 360 (or as I mentioned, future console) and you instantly booted to a game lobby that was populated by other people in your nearby geographic location.

The game lobby would be a persistent 3D world, much like an MMORPG, where you create an avatar, can chat with other people, and do other fun social activities. The actual 3D world would be very simple, with several "doorways" that would lead to other menu areas (ie. Media, Marketplace, Console Settings, etc.). It would increase your interactivity with the console, and also provide a fun way to socialize and choose gaming groups before starting up your gameplay.

This idea is pretty rough, and I know it may sound confusing, but I think it would be a great boon to the way we interact with our consoles. Any thoughts?

ObjectiveTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 ObjectiveTruth
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

I would like to see a dynamic 360 lobby menu. I don't think this is possible for the current generation consoles, but I think this should be a consideration for future consoles. Imagine that you fire up your 360 (or as I mentioned, future console) and you instantly booted to a game lobby that was populated by other people in your nearby geographic location.

The game lobby would be a persistent 3D world, much like an MMORPG, where you create an avatar, can chat with other people, and do other fun social activities. The actual 3D world would be very simple, with several "doorways" that would lead to other menu areas (ie. Media, Marketplace, Console Settings, etc.). It would increase your interactivity with the console, and also provide a fun way to socialize and choose gaming groups before starting up your gameplay.

This idea is pretty rough, and I know it may sound confusing, but I think it would be a great boon to the way we interact with our consoles. Any thoughts?

8BITter

I always thought that would be a sweet idea but yeah it'd have to be in the future, no way MS is going to invest money into reinventing something that works fine now. Maybe next generation.

One thing i'd like to see is a clan blade on the dashboard. I think it is a relatively small investment from MS (since its basically a glorified friend's list with perhaps group voice chat), but it would take gaming to the next level. People would feel more intouch with their xbox live contacts.

R4BI3S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4BI3S
Member since 2007 • 1332 Posts

1) Make the 360 more reliable, obviously.

2) Eliminate DRM, so players can keep purchased XBL content when upgrading to newer hard drives/systems.

EDIT: Whoops, two things.Mybad:oops:

8BITter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 8BITter
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
[QUOTE="8BITter"]

ObjectiveTruth

I always thought that would be a sweet idea but yeah it'd have to be in the future, no way MS is going to invest money into reinventing something that works fine now. Maybe next generation.

One thing i'd like to see is a clan blade on the dashboard. I think it is a relatively small investment from MS (since its basically a glorified friend's list with perhaps group voice chat), but it would take gaming to the next level. People would feel more intouch with their xbox live contacts.

I definitely like the idea of a "Clan" blade, although it might be more appropriate for Clan features to be built into specific games by game developer teams vs. the console developer based solely on the fact that many games do not, and do not plan to, support clan features. Clans are really mostly appropriate for FPS games, so we should really be putting pressure on dev teams like Bungie to support features like adding tags in front of your gamertag to indicate a clan for a specific game.

GuitarsOfWarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GuitarsOfWarr
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts

Stop with the stupid child accounts not being able to download M rated stuff ! :evil:Galadreil782

A-freakin-MEN At least allow it to be changed in parental controls. I mean they said they were upgrading them, not making them harsher.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

Improve the overall console reliability is my ONE thing...

2nd would be find a way to make it run QUIET, please...

Otherwise, I'm pretty dang happy with mine...

sausagenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sausagenz
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Improve the overall console reliability is my ONE thing...

67gt500

lol goodluck :)
I'd like to see them incorporate clans, we all know clans/guilds are a big part of online gaming, why M$ didnt include it earlier is something I guess I will never know.

MIB911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MIB911
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts

there are actually 3 things i'd like to see happen with M$ in the next few updates:

1. put an end to the RRoD once and for all. think about how much bigger the Live community would be if ppl didnt have to worry about wastin their money over faulty parts
  2. all gamers to change their nickname whenever and for whatever reason they want for FREE.
  3. allow gamers to trade in their achvment pts for M$ points.
ObjectiveTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 ObjectiveTruth
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
[QUOTE="ObjectiveTruth"][QUOTE="8BITter"]

8BITter

I definitely like the idea of a "Clan" blade, although it might be more appropriate for Clan features to be built into specific games by game developer teams vs. the console developer based solely on the fact that many games do not, and do not plan to, support clan features. Clans are really mostly appropriate for FPS games, so we should really be putting pressure on dev teams like Bungie to support features like adding tags in front of your gamertag to indicate a clan for a specific game.

I disagree with that. I think MS SHOULD be the one to create the clan blade not specific games because that way developers won't have to put so much effort into doing it themselves.

Think about it: When you need to type something for a game, the 360 dashboard keyboard comes up. i'm sure this is a blessing for developers since all they ahve to do is call a function that pulls up the dashboard instead of wasting developing time on developing an ingame keyboard with specific skins and stuff.

If a clan blade were made then the develpers would just have to call a function that maybe says to search your clan list for names. This would leave more developing time for making higher quality video games :D

erv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 erv
Member since 2003 • 105 Posts
I want them to stop replacing Xbox 360s with Refurbished ones!
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

More social networking features.

Browser. But I realise that MS would lose money on Windows.

No random bans as people seem to claim.

Ignignokt104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ignignokt104
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts
Make it pink...uh, I mean, make Xbox Live free.
neneman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 neneman
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts
all of those and completly intergrated pc to xbox gaming (shadowrun on all games);)
1vgfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 1vgfan
Member since 2004 • 1338 Posts
Free DLC and cheaper XBL (I think they'd survive if we just payed $20 a year.)
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

Free DLC and cheaper XBL (I think they'd survive if we just payed $20 a year.)1vgfan

NO. NO. NO.

Free Xbox Live will mean the service will go down the drain. Never say you want free Xbox Live. Just cough up you cheapskate. Free DLC will inevitably suck. Besides it becomes free eventually.

1vgfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 1vgfan
Member since 2004 • 1338 Posts

[QUOTE="1vgfan"]Free DLC and cheaper XBL (I think they'd survive if we just payed $20 a year.)Louis_Routledge

NO. NO. NO.

Free Xbox Live will mean the service will go down the drain. Never say you want free Xbox Live. Just cough up you cheapskate. Free DLC will inevitably suck. Besides it becomes free eventually.

I didn't say free XBL, I said cheaper. And free DLC wouldn't suck, it would just show that game developers really care about the gamers and extending the life of their games, for free.

MIB911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MIB911
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts

all of those and completly intergrated pc to xbox gaming (shadowrun on all games);)neneman

i totally agree... thats what made ShadowRun great

MrSickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrSickVisionz
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts
The only thing I really want if for my 360 to be able to play every file that Windows Media Player can play. The streaming stuff from your PC is really good, but I wish the 360 could also read my directshow filters. Or even if it was only MP4, just support the full capability of MP4... multiple audio tracks, 5.1 audio, subtitles. Currently none of that is supported. I convert all my dvds to MP4 and I can barely watch any of them on the 360, even though the video codec is supported.
1nverted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 1nverted
Member since 2006 • 1654 Posts
16:10 Support. :)
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts
More games that are cross-platform multiplayer between PC and xbox360
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts
More games that are cross-platform multiplayer between PC and xbox360
a_chalz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 a_chalz
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
allow us to save movies, music and tv shows on our 360!
Sherjas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sherjas24
Member since 2007 • 665 Posts
Fix the Hardware Issues
_pulser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 _pulser_
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts
Remake the original Xbox Duke Controller for the 360.
deaethsymbolic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deaethsymbolic
Member since 2004 • 235 Posts

1.Allow for multiple people to chat in one room during XBL. IDK but its pretty pathetic how we cant.

2.Keep bringing on the AAA titles. more IP's

3.A well needed console price drop.

w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#36 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
Make Gamer Points worth while.
Bromz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bromz
Member since 2005 • 1639 Posts
Make achievement points mean something. One idea is giving discounts based on gamerscore, so like people with 5000+ points gets 5% discount...10000 gets 10% etc, or something to that effect.
Spetznas1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 Spetznas1982
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts

8BITter

See Playstation Home

dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts

[QUOTE="1vgfan"]Free DLC and cheaper XBL (I think they'd survive if we just payed $20 a year.)Louis_Routledge

NO. NO. NO.

Free DLC wouldn't suck. DLC is almost always free on PC and it is just as good, not to mention developers want to release it for free but M$ won't let them.
xxSmilezxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xxSmilezxx
Member since 2005 • 95 Posts
I feel that M$ should make it so that you can use your achievement points for Microsoft points. When I first heard of the Gamerscore I thought that they were going to allow us to trade in our points for xbl arcade games, map packs, movies etc. I was like thats "Awesome". The system they currently use is just M$ being greedy. What else is new.
xxSmilezxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xxSmilezxx
Member since 2005 • 95 Posts

8BITter

Thats sounds awesome! They should do this.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="8BITter"]

ObjectiveTruth

sounds like Home, but it is a very good idea none the less

Tyrant360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Tyrant360
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
1: Get Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid to the 360! Although this is wishful thinking lol.