The one thing I wish Microsoft wouldn't have done was....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
If there was one thing you wish Microsoft would or wouldn't have done to their xbox 360, what would it be? The removal of something useful to you? Better customization? Old dashboard back (before Kinect dashboard)? Xbox Live to be $50 instead of $60? The discontinuation of 1 vs 100? etc...
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

They should have intergraded the HD drive into the actual system. It would have lead to a large game size support and an actual competion towards blueray. It's the only real reason they lost the HD battle.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

They should have intergraded the HD drive into the actual system. It would have lead to a large game size support and an actual competion towards blueray. It's the only real reason they lost the HD battle.

zaku101
I completely disagree. Look at PCs for example....they have way more power than any console and yet the average gaming PC still comes with a DVD drive and the games still come out DVDs (not blu-ray).
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#4 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
1. Like you said, they shouldn't have discontinued 1 vs 100. 2. They should have used Blu Ray. We would get a better game with less disks.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KC_Hokie
2. They should have used Blu Ray. We would get a better game with less disks.orb_03_2006
How many Xbox 360 games do you own that use more than one disk?
Avatar image for ChristopherRage
ChristopherRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ChristopherRage
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]2. They should have used Blu Ray. We would get a better game with less disks.KC_Hokie

You would be surprised, Iown between 5-8 games with multiple disks. Im trying to count off the top of my head thus the innaccurate count.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KC_Hokie
You would be surprised, I know between 5-8 games with multiple disks. Im trying to count off the top of my head thus the innaccurate count.ChristopherRage
So I might need two hands to count the number of games out of the nearly 1,300 Xbox 360 games that use more than one disk? Now THAT is surprising!
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 orb_03_2006
[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]2. They should have used Blu Ray. We would get a better game with less disks.KC_Hokie

2 games. Mass Effect 2 and Halo 3: ODST. ODST could have been made into one disk. Look at the GoW Collection on the PS3. Granted dated graphics, but still 2 games. And there are plenty of games on the 360 with multiple disks. Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy XIII, etc.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KC_Hokie

2 games. Mass Effect 2 and Halo 3: ODST. ODST could have been made into one disk. Look at the GoW Collection on the PS3. Granted dated graphics, but still 2 games. And there are plenty of games on the 360 with multiple disks. Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy XIII, etc.orb_03_2006
So out of the nearly 1,300 Xbox 360 games out there, and the 5-8 games that actually have more than one disk, you own TWO that have more than one disk. And that's why the Xbox 360 should have had a blu-ray disc?

Are you all intoxicated or something tonight?

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 orb_03_2006

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]2 games. Mass Effect 2 and Halo 3: ODST. ODST could have been made into one disk. Look at the GoW Collection on the PS3. Granted dated graphics, but still 2 games. And there are plenty of games on the 360 with multiple disks. Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy XIII, etc.KC_Hokie

So out of the nearly 1,300 Xbox 360 games out there, and the 5-8 games that actually have more than one disk, you own TWO that have more than one disk. And that's why the Xbox 360 should have had a blu-ray disc?

Are you all intoxicated or something tonight?

Are you intoxicated? Don't come on here trying to accuse me. Such an ignorant statement, trying to decorate your insult. Shame. Anyhow, having Blu Ray could really help the future Xbox. There could be better graphics, more content, and less disks. It may cost a little more money, but I think it would help in the long run. Also, 5-8 games having multiple disks is all it takes to make some people change their mind and convert over to the PS3.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KC_Hokie

Are you intoxicated? Don't come on here trying to accuse me. Such an ignorant statement, trying to decorate your insult. Shame. Anyhow, having Blu Ray could really help the future Xbox. There could be better graphics, more content, and less disks. It may cost a little more money, but I think it would help in the long run. Also, 5-8 games having multiple disks is all it takes to make some people change their mind and convert over to the PS3.orb_03_2006
Your logic is misinformed at the least to be kind. And the post isn't about future Xbox's...it's about the current Xbox 360.

Did you really just say some people may have purchased a PS3 instead of an Xbox 360 because of the extra disk in 5-8 games? Did I read that correctly?

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KC_Hokie
First off, don't be such an arse. Second, developers are afraid to make games with more than one disk because production costs go way up and unless the hike up the costs of the games they want to stay within a certain budget. FF13 should have been a mult disk game but it wasn't because Square was afraid that they already spent enough money on making the game and didnt want to spend even more by making it two discs and in turn lowering their profits. Im not saying HD would have competed with Blu-Ray, I think it was doomed from the start. However, Blu-Ray disks on the 360 would be nice because we probably would be getting complete games now a days instead of developers realeasing an incomplete game and selling us a dlc a month after release. This whole point is mute though because we will never get Blu-Ray as it is owned by Sony.ChristopherRage
All of the major multi-platform games come to the Xbox 360 and the vast majority of the time look and run better too. I'm not sure exactly what you think is missing. And the 'complete' PS3 games have the same DLC as the Xbox 360. And Sony doesn't "own" Blu-ray it's owned by 15 or so different companies.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 orb_03_2006

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]Are you intoxicated? Don't come on here trying to accuse me. Such an ignorant statement, trying to decorate your insult. Shame. Anyhow, having Blu Ray could really help the future Xbox. There could be better graphics, more content, and less disks. It may cost a little more money, but I think it would help in the long run. Also, 5-8 games having multiple disks is all it takes to make some people change their mind and convert over to the PS3.KC_Hokie

Your logic is misinformed at the least to be kind. And the post isn't about future Xbox's...it's about the current Xbox 360.

Did you really just say some people may have purchased a PS3 instead of an Xbox 360 because of the extra disk in 5-8 games? Did I read that correctly?

I know you're referring to the current xbox. I'm saying it could help the future. You change what already is. M$ aren't willing to give us Blu Ray. :( My logic is not misinformed. Using Blu Ray guarantees all of these things. :P If we use Blu Ray, maybe we won't need a second disc for GOTY editions.... Hmm... And yes, I know plenty of people who have done this. Granted their choice was out of ignorance. They don't want the hassle of having to change the disks all the time. They assume that because the PS3 uses less disks that it is better.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]I know you're referring to the current xbox. I'm saying it could help the future. You change what already is. M$ aren't willing to give us Blu Ray. :( My logic is not misinformed. Using Blu Ray guarantees all of these things. :P If we use Blu Ray, maybe we won't need a second disc for GOTY editions.... Hmm... And yes, I know plenty of people who have done this. Granted their choice was out of ignorance. They don't want the hassle of having to change the disks all the time. They assume that because the PS3 uses less disks that it is better.

The next Xbox probably will have blu-ray but that's at least 2.5 years away. And I don't know about you but I have to change out disks all the time as it is with one disk per game. Even if you install the games to your hard drive you have to do this.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 orb_03_2006
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]I know you're referring to the current xbox. I'm saying it could help the future. You change what already is. M$ aren't willing to give us Blu Ray. :( My logic is not misinformed. Using Blu Ray guarantees all of these things. :P If we use Blu Ray, maybe we won't need a second disc for GOTY editions.... Hmm... And yes, I know plenty of people who have done this. Granted their choice was out of ignorance. They don't want the hassle of having to change the disks all the time. They assume that because the PS3 uses less disks that it is better.

The next Xbox probably will have blu-ray but that's at least 2.5 years away. And I don't know about you but I have to change out disks all the time as it is with one disk per game. Even if you install the games to your hard drive you have to do this.

Yeah, I think the next xbox will have Blu Ray as well, but that's ways away. Well I mean, we're always gonna have to change discs bro, no matter what. I'm just saying that if we DID have Blu Ray, we could fit the DLC from the second disc onto the first, thus reducing annoyance for us.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Made it so that personal backgrounds on the dashboard don't look so terrible. And have personalized gamer icons. I mean I understand why you can't upload your own icon, but I still wish you could.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 orb_03_2006

Made it so that personal backgrounds on the dashboard don't look so terrible. And have personalized gamer icons. I mean I understand why you can't upload your own icon, but I still wish you could.

firefox59
Couldn't agree more.
Avatar image for Weltanschauung1
Weltanschauung1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Weltanschauung1
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts

I'm probably in the minority here, but I miss the fatter controllers from the original X-Box.

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
They should bring back 1 vs 100
squiggles_pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 squiggles_pro
Member since 2011 • 91 Posts
I wish the customer service reps were not such **** holes. " I am sorry but we can not tell you the p**** word to your windows live id unless you can remember the secret question to recover it" the secret question was what was my favorite fictional character. i diddnt even set the Q my brother did, and it was 3 years ago. he cant remember. i got yoinked out of a year of xbox live.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="squiggles_pro"]I wish the customer service reps were not such **** holes. " I am sorry but we can not tell you the p**** word to your windows live id unless you can remember the secret question to recover it" the secret question was what was my favorite fictional character. i diddnt even set the Q my brother did, and it was 3 years ago. he cant remember. i got yoinked out of a year of xbox live.

how can you blame MS for that...so you didnt know the password or the secret question/answer and thats MS's fault? im missing your logic/train of thought here
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="squiggles_pro"]I wish the customer service reps were not such **** holes. " I am sorry but we can not tell you the p**** word to your windows live id unless you can remember the secret question to recover it" the secret question was what was my favorite fictional character. i diddnt even set the Q my brother did, and it was 3 years ago. he cant remember. i got yoinked out of a year of xbox live.

how can you blame MS for that...so you didnt know the password or the secret question/answer and thats MS's fault? im missing your logic/train of thought here
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
They should bring back 1 vs 100Xbox360Gamer15
Unfortunately this is not going to happen. The team that developed it has said so, but they are working on other projects that will utilize what they've learned from 1 vs. 100. I know that they're working on a Poker game. But before people who aren't fans of Poker get pissed, they are working on other projects that haven't been announced yet. So we'll see what they have in store for us soon.
jollycorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jollycorpse
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I wish they hadn't taken Rareware and taken all their glory from the SNES and N64 golden age. It doesn't seem that RARE has the same love for development since they lost their Nintendo licenses.
Metedea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Metedea
Member since 2009 • 311 Posts

I'd like to be able to stop the auto-renewal without having to call Microsoft (they might have added it now). Quieter DVD drive or being able to use 3:rd party hard drives.

NEED4SPEED360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NEED4SPEED360
Thats easy, making playing online with friends about $$$. They should make that free in sliver and everything else you get you gotta pay gold for. As for blue ray, im glad they didn't go that route because I always liked getting multi discs. Plus, they don't actually use blue ray discs to there potential yet with games. Its more for the next gen console from xbox.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

letting us transfer music, vids and pics from thumb drive to hard drive. They want 360 to be ultimate entertainment console yet we cant do these 3 basic things

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#29 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Wish they hadn't started charging ten dollars for map packs.
squiggles_pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 squiggles_pro
Member since 2011 • 91 Posts
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="squiggles_pro"]I wish the customer service reps were not such **** holes. " I am sorry but we can not tell you the p**** word to your windows live id unless you can remember the secret question to recover it" the secret question was what was my favorite fictional character. i diddnt even set the Q my brother did, and it was 3 years ago. he cant remember. i got yoinked out of a year of xbox live.

i gave them the address linked to my live id, my billing info and CREDIT CARD NUMBER ASSOCIATED WITH THE PURCHASE OF LIVE. how is that not proof enough?
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts
[QUOTE="squiggles_pro"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="squiggles_pro"]I wish the customer service reps were not such **** holes. " I am sorry but we can not tell you the p**** word to your windows live id unless you can remember the secret question to recover it" the secret question was what was my favorite fictional character. i diddnt even set the Q my brother did, and it was 3 years ago. he cant remember. i got yoinked out of a year of xbox live.

i gave them the address linked to my live id, my billing info and CREDIT CARD NUMBER ASSOCIATED WITH THE PURCHASE OF LIVE. how is that not proof enough?

As someone who works at a place that has policies and procedures to follow, ITS YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT. You forgot your password, you can't provide the right info, then you get nothing. You come to my store without an ID, your not getting into your account, I don't care how much info you have, no id no account, no security question answer, no account. On the BR thing, the next xbox won't have it. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't use disks at all. By the time it comes out there will be a new better piece of technology in place. BR has very slow read rates, do you want to have to install every game to your console (and have it take forever) like on the ps3? No thanks, I'd rather switch a disk once in the middle of my 30 hour game. BR will die before it ever really takes over DVD. Something else will kill them both off.
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts

Thats easy, making playing online with friends about $$$. They should make that free in sliver and everything else you get you gotta pay gold for.NEED4SPEED360
This... It's been said before, and I agree every time. Truth is what am I paying for? The competition gives me free gaming. Its not like we're getting M$ dedicated servers so all our games run smoothly. (It's BS) I haven't payed for live in months and have no plans to. Thinking about PC gaming more and more...

Also the way they treat Devs who tryreleasing multiple patches for their games. (they charge them... more BS)Valve has voiced their opinion about M$ practices and how they institute control over their service and Valves verydispleased. They won't have someone dictating their actions especially when trying to improve uponor fix their ownproduct. It's the reason Portal 2 on the PS is getting exclusive content and services. I don't always love Valve but you gotta respect them thats for sure...

Smileyvirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Smileyvirus
Member since 2010 • 232 Posts
Much more RAM. 512mb is nowhere near enough. (ok have 256mb dedicated gfx ram, but give us say 2 gigs of system ram) Dedicated H.D.D (and at least 250gb) - and none of this "games have to be able to run without it" crap. Liquid cooling. A much more customisable dashboard. Read/Write to flash drives. Peer 2 peer play should be free. Ok have gold for premium services, but unless playing on a dedicated M$ server - free. Just a few off the top of my head. I'd have payed extra for the above. Quick one for blu-ray fans - an argument about it is pretty moot. Blu Ray is dying on its arse and within 5-8 years it will be mainly digital distro only.
tmdguitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tmdguitar
Member since 2009 • 42 Posts

when i first joined xbox, i thought that the gamerscore was what u used to get dlc online, like if u spent money on all these games and got these achievements that you would be able to earn those online perks.

i actually wish it was that way too after realizing that i have to spend money on that sh-it

skimad432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 skimad432
Member since 2002 • 205 Posts

is cater to the casual gaming market w/kinect ..all we really have to look forward to this year as a hardcore gamer is gears of war 3, from an exclusive point of view

skimad432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 skimad432
Member since 2002 • 205 Posts

cater to the casual gaming market w/kinect ..all we really have to look forward to this year as a hardcore gamer is gears of war 3, from an exclusive point of view

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#37 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I wish XBL Silver allowed you to play games online and that Gold had the bells and whistles that MS wants added in.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

I wish the slim had been designed differently. Looking a bit sleeker than fat model still, but using same HDD. Maybe having it only as thick and wide as a fat 360 HDD, but shorter and skinnier.

Also, Joy Ride with a controller. I was so looking forward to it until Kinect.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
I just wish the dashboard was more customizable. I wish we could choose the colors and opacity of the squares and that the background wasn't half hidden behind the the haze. The Xbox does a lot of stuff perfectly, but the customization options suck.
daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 daviwinn
Member since 2004 • 4827 Posts
All of my gripes were pretty much fixed with the Slim (quiter, more reliable, built in wifi). I don't really mind paying for Live, and the family plan is pretty awesome. Overall I'm pretty satisifed at this point. Now back in 2007 I would have had a whole list of gripes and complaints.
MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

Remove 1 vs 100. :(

Ratjack2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ratjack2k5
Member since 2010 • 80 Posts

I miss the OLD original dash board... It ran much much faster.

WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

Much better hardware. A few gigs of RAM, a faster CPU with out-of-order execution, rather than the slow in-order execution, better GPU, and then games with better graphics and native resolutions of 1080p. And the triggers on the controller need more resistance, like the Black Ops controlller. After using it, I hate the triggers on the official MS controller.

xBLaCk_HawK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xBLaCk_HawK
Microsoft shouldnt have gotten rid of 1 months. :(
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
I wish I could read my damn sent messages. Why in the world is there no option to read your sent messages? I get a response for something a week after I sent it and then have to ask what they are talking about cause I forgot what I sent. lol