The Official Grand Theft Auto 4 Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

Grand Theft Auto 4 board

If you're experiencing freezing, try disconnecting from Live. It may be a problem with Niko's cell phone trying to connect to the multiplayer servers while the servers are flooded with traffic.

I just wanted address a few FAQs about the stickied / official thread here:

Q: Why do we have to post here? This is the 360 forum!

A: Correct, but in the past when a high profile game comes out the platform forums will often be overwhelmed by numerous threads on the same topic.When that happens the forum essentially becomes about that game only leaving topics about the system the and other games to die.Accordingly we make an official thread and ask you post in that thread only for the time being to accommodate all the other topics that fall under this forum.Not that you CAN make new topics about this game, just not in this forum.Keep reading.

Q: I really want to make a new thread about GTA IV!

A: You're in luck.There is a GTA IV forum where you can make topics about this game!

Q: This sucks!

A: We agree, but so does killing all of the conversation about a specific platform.This is hardly an ideal solution but it is the best we've got for now.Once we decide the GTA IV storm has likely passed we'll take down the stickied thread and people can make new threads about the game again.

duxup

Please make sure any spoilers are either contained in the spoiler tags e.g. [spoiler*]Enter text here[/spoiler*] (just make sure you remove the * from the tags), or at the very least write **SPOILER*** at the start of the post to alert users that they read on at their own risk.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
I think GTA4 will be the best GTA game ever. online is going to be awesome!
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 caddy

I think GTA4 will be the best GTA game ever. online is going to be awesome!CwlHeddwyn

It's definitely shaping up to be the best GTA game ever and I don't see why it won't be! I can't wait! :D

leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts

Yeah, 3/4 of the board is filled with something relating to GTA! Cannot wait for hangmans noose and 16 player free roam...chasing that one person down with baseball bats

Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts
The single player is the main reason for me right now, but when I'm done with that I'm sure mp will give me lots of play-time. I've also prepped my own soundtrack, I've put 3 disturbed albums on there, some old-school blues and jazz, some 80's stuff and 31 episodes of the Lazlow show!!! (plus the talk radio shows from previous gta games) gonna be sweet sweet sweet.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 caddy

The single player is the main reason for me right nowKeitarourashima

Me too! That has always been the way in GTA games and it's not going to stop for me at this one. I will be hitting the online after I have played a good chunk of the single player. :)

Ayessua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ayessua
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

To be honest I don't think this sticky will work. After a while no one reads your post anymore in stickies and it's annoying as hell. But I'll give it a try.

It's single player for me too. I pre-ordered it and I'll get it tomorrow. But I heard allot of stores are selling it today also.

Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts

Too bad ppl in sweden are so pedantic when it comes to release dates, I wouldn't have minded picking it up today.

Anyways, The "GAME" outlets have the best offer ever, I get GTA IV, 500 ms points, 100SEK in hand ($18USD) and one or more gamerpics, AND 12 months free of LIVE. And that's for trading in two 360 games, (I'll be trading skate and the simpsons game).I don't think anyone can beat that offer, but if I'm wrong pls post yours.
Atreyu_On_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Atreyu_On_Fire
Member since 2008 • 54 Posts

I would like to point out the fact that GTA IV coming out tomorrow is perfect cause I'm about to beat the **** out of my roommate...but getting my hands on a the game has kept me from breaking his legs. :twisted:

Word to the youngsters: Never get a roommate.

Avatar image for gibson-les-rick
gibson-les-rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 gibson-les-rick
Member since 2007 • 798 Posts
God i'm trying to avoid reading up anymore about the game and i'm trying to avoid watching gameplay movies! I really don't want to spoil it! Has anyone else done this?
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts

[QUOTE="Keitarourashima"]The single player is the main reason for me right nowCaddy06_88

Me too! That has always been the way in GTA games and it's not going to stop for me at this one. I will be hitting the online after I have played a good chunk of the single player. :)

I third that.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 caddy

God i'm trying to avoid reading up anymore about the game and i'm trying to avoid watching gameplay movies! I really don't want to spoil it! Has anyone else done this?gibson-les-rick

Yup. I have completely avoided videos, screenshot, previews and even a lot of threads on it.

Cpt_Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 Cpt_Apollo
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts

Anyone know if their are custom soundtracks. I know that really you can make any 360 have custom tunes and the GTA soundtrack is always great, but after playing so much Rock Band, I really wanna car surf while having "Highway Star" blasting on my cell phone.8)

Anyways, this game is gonna be huge! Going to got pick it up at midnight, Special Edition FTW!

Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
Just got home with my copy of the special edition 15 minutes ago. The lock box, bag and art book are really high quality. The benefit of living in New Zealand, we get things 18 hours before the States.
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Thomasdeleo

[QUOTE="gibson-les-rick"]God i'm trying to avoid reading up anymore about the game and i'm trying to avoid watching gameplay movies! I really don't want to spoil it! Has anyone else done this?Caddy06_88

Yup. I have completely avoided videos, screenshot, previews and even a lot of threads on it.

Really? wow I don't have that kind of willpower. lol
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Thomasdeleo
Just got home with my copy of the special edition 15 minutes ago. The lock box, bag and art book are really high quality. The benefit of living in New Zealand, we get things 18 hours before the States.Taegukki
I would rather wait the 18hrs and not get the gimped version. sorry
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts

[QUOTE="Taegukki"]Just got home with my copy of the special edition 15 minutes ago. The lock box, bag and art book are really high quality. The benefit of living in New Zealand, we get things 18 hours before the States.Thomasdeleo

Its only missing one cutscene, whoopdy doo.

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Thomasdeleo

[QUOTE="Thomasdeleo"][QUOTE="Taegukki"]Just got home with my copy of the special edition 15 minutes ago. The lock box, bag and art book are really high quality. The benefit of living in New Zealand, we get things 18 hours before the States.Taegukki

Its only missing one cutscene, whoopdy doo.

Yeah, I believe that one. lol
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
Did anyone catch the gameplay footage on X-play? Awesome. I had stayed away from watching or reading anything GTA related in the last couple of weeks. I just couldn't bear it anymore. But I watched that this morning. Can't wait to pick it up at midnight. It's gonna be a hooker screwin', car jackin', cop killin', hot dog of a time tonight, boy howdy!!
Avatar image for gibson-les-rick
gibson-les-rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 gibson-les-rick
Member since 2007 • 798 Posts
[QUOTE="Caddy06_88"]

[QUOTE="gibson-les-rick"]God i'm trying to avoid reading up anymore about the game and i'm trying to avoid watching gameplay movies! I really don't want to spoil it! Has anyone else done this?Thomasdeleo

Really? wow I don't have that kind of willpower. lol

Trust me it has been very hard but the wait is almost over!!
Ayessua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ayessua
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

It looks allot more solid then previous installments. That's for sure. I think it's a strong base for the new generation of GTA games. I actually like how Rockstar handles the different generations in there franchise. GTA and GTA London were the first generation, then GTAII on it's own in the second generation which wasn't truly worth mentioning a whole different generation though, but that on the side. GTAIII, Vice City and San Andreas were the third generation. And as off tomorrow GTAIV will launch the fourth generation. I'm interested to see if Rockstar will initiate another two games to this one. Considering it's most likely only two to three years from now until the next generation consoles arrive.

I'm also interested to see how this Episodic Content will turn out. I believe Rockstar said they were also thinking of offering complete other cities and/or complete new games (like Vice City was to GTAIII) if the Episodic Content goes down well. I personally think downloading total games is something for the next generation though. I don't think it'll go too well right now. We'll see what happens.

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#23 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

hey guys the gameinformer review is up now. 10/10. what a surprise *sarcasm* this is the best game ever.

Game Informer GTA IV Review

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

Cant wait!! I know Im going to spend alot of time tomorrow just driving around.

skivit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 skivit
Member since 2006 • 987 Posts
6 more hours till i pick the game up :)

Omg im wetting myself.... i swear the split second the game loads im going to do something very naughty all over my bed covers due to the sheer awesomeness of the game.
silentlord833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 silentlord833
Member since 2007 • 1336 Posts

right now for perhaps the first time ever I am happy I work second shift, I get out at 10:00pm and off to the game store I go! I could not imagine getting out of work at like 5:00, and having to sit home waiting, I would probably just sit there rocking!

I have no idea what I will do first, I kinda want to check out the single player, but so many of my friends will be on playing tonight, I think it'll be the first of many installments of "hooker-ball"!

n'joy everyone!

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

bout time we got a sticky... wooooo 1 more day (prob 2 or 3 for me cause im renting from gamefly :roll:

OH **** I JUST CHECKED and gamefly already SHIPPED IT!!! WOOO if they shipped it from tampa i will have it tomorrow YAY :D

and the keep it price is only 47 :D 42 actually with my 5 gamefly bucks

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

Did anyone catch the gameplay footage on X-play? Awesome. I had stayed away from watching or reading anything GTA related in the last couple of weeks. I just couldn't bear it anymore. But I watched that this morning. Can't wait to pick it up at midnight. It's gonna be a hooker screwin', car jackin', cop killin', hot dog of a time tonight, boy howdy!!msjr78

i did but i was hopeing it was 30min long just about gta. but tonight their having a summer hit all week long today its going to be about gta 4. 8 pm eastern.

i'm not going to get it at midnight i'm going tomorrow morning to get then go to school...

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Thomasdeleo

right now for perhaps the first time ever I am happy I work second shift, I get out at 10:00pm and off to the game store I go! I could not imagine getting out of work at like 5:00, and having to sit home waiting, I would probably just sit there rocking!

I have no idea what I will do first, I kinda want to check out the single player, but so many of my friends will be on playing tonight, I think it'll be the first of many installments of "hooker-ball"!

n'joy everyone!

silentlord833
Sit there rocking. LMAO :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts
I think myn arrived to day but no1 was in to collect it! have to wait till tuesday to pick it up!! i'am going cold turkey!!!!
Avatar image for FamilyGuyFan507
FamilyGuyFan507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#31 FamilyGuyFan507
Member since 2005 • 2463 Posts
I can't wait, I'm gonna get it early tommorow morning when Best Buy opens. Gonna be knockin on heaven's door.
TravisLucas_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TravisLucas_77
Member since 2004 • 76 Posts
imma be at gamestop tonight. hope nobody jacks me.
Avatar image for FamilyGuyFan507
FamilyGuyFan507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#33 FamilyGuyFan507
Member since 2005 • 2463 Posts
Anyone know who is gonna be on the Soundtrack for this game?I heard rumors of Lupe Fiasco which would be fantastic but I don't know. Hopefully nothing lame.
seeker202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 seeker202
Member since 2006 • 111 Posts
I havn't pre-ordered it. Do ya think i will still be able to get it on tuesday afternoon? I think i should but i'm not 100% sure.
xRmRxfreakBOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 xRmRxfreakBOMB
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts
can someone give me a full list of the websites that have reviewed it already? Thanks in advance :)
talkingpie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 talkingpie92
Member since 2006 • 502 Posts

can someone give me a full list of the websites that have reviewed it already? Thanks in advance :)xRmRxfreakBOMB

check out metacritic - you can follow the links from there

OjMayoUSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 OjMayoUSC
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
almost time!
OjMayoUSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 OjMayoUSC
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
almost time!
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 msjr78
Just paid it off. Now it's time to play the waiting game...Ah the waiting game sucks.
KittenNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KittenNipples
Member since 2007 • 3013 Posts
I hate stickies, we have to flip through page after page after page just to find help...
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
i havent heard anything about this yet but can we customize cars? and we still have a garage right?
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#42 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

i havent heard anything about this yet but can we customize cars? and we still have a garage right?zero9167
\

i dont know if there is still garages. the first place u live in u have to park the car in front of your house to save it. maybe later in the game when u buy other houses there are garages.

skivit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 skivit
Member since 2006 • 987 Posts

i havent heard anything about this yet but can we customize cars? and we still have a garage right?zero9167

Nope they took out car customization.

Sladdy_Deeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sladdy_Deeve
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts

Can we still buy new houses and run business etc?

Havent heard anything about it.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

I have now more reasons to believe that the 360 version of GTA IV will be the definitive complete version of GTA IV, story wise. Can't wait.

Hope to see some of you guys online!

Dragik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dragik
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
Myne should be arriving any minute now :D
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
I'm stupid and never pre-ordered...so I'm gonna try my luck tomorrow morning.
niagara905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 niagara905
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts

who here is going to get the official game guide i believe i am going to

aandrew610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 aandrew610
Member since 2007 • 749 Posts
tonight at midnight im going to my local gamestop and picking up my copy i have it pre ordered already i just gotta go pick it up
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 msjr78

who here is going to get the official game guide i believe i am going to

niagara905
Not I. I like running through a game figuring out how to beat it on my own. And I figure the only reason I would buy the guide is to find all of the hidden easter eggs. But by the time I get to the point of trying to find everything, someone will post all that info on the web.