The Mw3 360 for $399 makes me sad :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for -tears-run-red-
-tears-run-red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -tears-run-red-
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts

I mean.. I've had a few 360's in my day... bought an elite a couple years ago that I still play on..

So when I saw a Mw3 bundle 360 coming out I was interested...

Until I saw what comes with it!! Come on Microsoft.. it's almost 2012..

Regular Edition Mw3.. Really? This one really shocked me... Can't bundle the hardened edition with someone shelling out $400 specifically for the Mw3 game/theme! lol

Wired Headset... Can't even give us wireless.. what!!

This is the same stuff they've been packing in these bundles for half a decade.. I changed my mind now, I will just stick with my elite :[

xboxmad12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 xboxmad12
Member since 2009 • 575 Posts

I mean.. I've had a few 360's in my day... bought an elite a couple years ago that I still play on..

Regular Edition Mw3.. Really? This one really shocked me... Can't bundle the hardened edition with someone shelling out $400 specifically for the Mw3 game/theme! lol

This is the same stuff they've been packing in these bundles for half a decade.. I changed my mind now, I will just stick with my elite :[

-tears-run-red-

I never understood people willing to pay $400 for a new paintjob.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

[QUOTE="-tears-run-red-"]

xboxmad12

Me neither dude.
BuriedGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BuriedGirl
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Didn't it have some kind of special MW3 sounds also? And some very nice and useful features that no other 360 has? Just adding what I heard. Other than the "paintjob".

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Didn't it have some kind of special MW3 sounds also? And some very nice and useful features that no other 360 has? Just adding what I heard. Other than the "paintjob".

BuriedGirl
To me, it isn't just a "paintjob." If you're a collector or someone that novels things like that, it's kinda important. It's like the whole argument about the weapon skins for Gears of War 3. Some people want a little razzle dazzle with their "stuff." And I see nothing wrong with that. :) Halo Reach edition also had sound effects when you open and close the disc drive, other than the paint job. Which is pretty cool if you're into that kinda thing.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
[QUOTE="BuriedGirl"]

Elann2008
To me, it isn't just a "paintjob." If you're a collector or someone that novels things like that, it's kinda important. It's like the whole argument about the weapon skins for Gears of War 3. Some people want a little razzle dazzle with their "stuff." And I see nothing wrong with that. :) Halo Reach edition also had sound effects when you open and close the disc drive, other than the paint job. Which is pretty cool if you're into that kinda thing.

I agree it is freaking sweet looking & I like the Gears Of War 3 skins too, however I got the Gears 3 skins for a couple bucks & if I already had a new working Xbox 360 regardless how sweet looking the console's paint job is or whether is a collectible or not I still don't get it why someone would swap his console out & pay that much for it.
Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
I wouldn't shell out that kind of cash for a MW3 Xbox 360, definitely if I already had one.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#8 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I don't normally like to judge other peoples choices "BUT" in the case I have to agree with you guys....why pay that kind of money for a paint job? If the system came with a headset, extra controller or something, I could see it being a justified purchase. But at any rate it's their choice...just glad it's not mine.:)

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
yeah, that's way overcharged.
BiThBhE0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BiThBhE0
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts
I just got the Gears console. I had one of the older versions with a 120 hd and I was running out of room. This new one is more quiet, uses less power, came with 2 new controllers, built in wifi and has a 320 hd. Plus I'm a big Gears fan so I like the paint job.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

lets see

250gb xbox=$300 in mw3 xbox your get 320gb SHOOT im surpirized microsoft wouldtoss on $50 more dollars for their over price HD space $300

custom xbox skin $0

2 controllers one is free but other $50

the game $60

SO it evens out. IDK Why you crying for if it's big deal just get the 250gb xbox then the game. There you go problem solve

IF i can do math right. WOOT thats a savings of $10 or in microsoft eyes a savings of $60 for the the HD space

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#12 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I already have the Halo Reach xbox, the only one I could see wanting to get is the Gears of War 3 console,the MW3 is almost the same things as mine already
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I just got the Gears console. I had one of the older versions with a 120 hd and I was running out of room. This new one is more quiet, uses less power, came with 2 new controllers, built in wifi and has a 320 hd. Plus I'm a big Gears fan so I like the paint job.BiThBhE0

That's a DAM good deal because you got a variety of things out of it, which is the exact opposite of the MW3 deal!!!

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="BuriedGirl"]

shawn7324

I agree it is freaking sweet looking & I like the Gears Of War 3 skins too, however I got the Gears 3 skins for a couple bucks & if I already had a new working Xbox 360 regardless how sweet looking the console's paint job is or whether is a collectible or not I still don't get it why someone would swap his console out & pay that much for it.

yeah i understand wanting a limited edition console and they do look nice but what i do get is when open go get multiple 360s or sell a perfectly functional one to get a newer model wasting a ton of money in the process. Thats something that i see people doing often and its really weird to me.

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

There have been 2 limited edition xboxs that have even caught my attention and made me think about getting them, the Gears 3 xbox looks wicked, and the Star Wars xbox looks sweet, I might end up getting it just because.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#16 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

It's similar to Halo: Reach last year. I got the Halo: Reach XBox Slim bundle and it just came with the regular edition.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

take it or leave it my friend.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
$400 for a 6 year old console is stupid, I don't care what they bundle. I just bought a 4gb for $170 (and after getting $120 for my 256mb on cl!)
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

[QUOTE="-tears-run-red-"]

xboxmad12

Yeah, I mean: you can have an artist make you a custom airbrush job for 1/4 the price
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I bought the Gears of War 3 limited edition console. Which is the same except Gears of war themed, Instead of Modern Warfare 3 themed. With 2 controller and a pack in game, With a headset and some downloadable content thrown in. For $400.00 it is worth it a 320GB HD limited edition console. Modern warfare 3 or Gears of War 3.

Considering that when Xbox 360 launched in November 17th 2005. You could get the "Core" SKU for $400.00 which came with 1 wired controller which stillrequired the purchase of a 64MB memory unit for $39.99 and a headset for $20.00 or a game for $59.99 still had to be purchased separately. The 20GB HDD was $100.00 and a Wireless controller was $64.99 or an additional wired controller was $49.99.

So the limited edition Modern Warfare 3 Xbox 360S Console with a320GB HDD and 2 wireless controllers,a headsetSome DLC codes thrown in and the "pack in" game Modern Warfare 3. (TheGears of War 3 console has the same features, as theMw3 console bundle) for$399.99 is a great deal in 2011. Considering that $399.99 got you just the Xbox 360 Core SKU way back in 2005. You still had to pay and extra $259.99 on top of $399.99.

So for $399.99 the Mordern Warfare 3 or Gears of War 3 bundles are a good deal. (I should know I bought the GoW 3 Xbox 360 s bundle) Since I been asking for a Console with 2 controllers and a Pack in game.... like forever.So I bought this since I have a model 1 Xbox 360 with a tiny 20GB HDD. it works perfectly but it was time to upgrade to a Xbox 360 s console with 320GB HDD, Plus Gears of War 3 is my favorite Xbox 360 franchise. Even more than the Halo series.

So it makes me happy.

BostonDieNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BostonDieNasty
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts
"Wired Headset... Can't even give us wireless.. what!!" does microsoft even have wieless headsets??
Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
I bought the Gears 3 console and I'm not crying.. I had 2 old working fat models. Both got the RROD and were fixed. One of them is going downhill..