The Force Unleashed- Star Destroyer help please

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

I can get the ship down so that Im turning it towards me but when the TIE fighters get close I have to let go and the ship always starts to back away so I take out the fighters and then I start to do it again and I just do the same thing over and over again.

Any tips?

OpEnMaDnEsS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 OpEnMaDnEsS
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Same problem. I have it pretty close to the ground but the color on the thumb pad controls stays red, and I can't get the command to pull down. I saw on another post to put the nose up but I havnt had a chance to try it.

Anyone, thoughts?

linklb4130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 linklb4130
Member since 2003 • 1737 Posts
Im having the same problem. I just got to that part last night, and was trying for like 20 minutes before I gave up and went to bed.
horseyjesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 horseyjesse
Member since 2003 • 565 Posts
Same here guys. I have even improved my speed at taking down the TIE fighters, but it doesn't seem to matter, you must have to be lightning quick at taking those things out, which seems impossible to me..
ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
i just got past that part today. And you do have to have some pretty good relexes to get through it fast. As soon as the fighters are close but still to far to shoot let go of the destroyer and force grip the fighters into one another. thats the fastest way i fiugred to do it. and whenever the sticks turn yellow just hold them in that position for a second and you'll be able to start pulling it down.
SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
I reached this part today, and I almost had the thing in the ground but when I grabbed it for the last time it wouldn't let me pull it down eventhough everything was lined up right.
Evolution-X0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Evolution-X0
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts
lets just say that this is the most stupidest sequence i have ever known and its taken me 1 hour and nothing has happened. i regret getting this game as i cant even finish it.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
lets just say that this is the most stupidest sequence i have ever known and its taken me 1 hour and nothing has happened. i regret getting this game as i cant even finish it.Evolution-X0

Take ... That ... Back ...Now , seriously this is like the most epic thing i have seen in a star wars game ... i mean how many star wars actually let you use the force and take it that far? watch this ...it may help , i personally did it after 3 tries.
stabbystabstab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stabbystabstab
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
Simple. force lightening the hell outta the tiefighters QUICKLY and get back to pulling it down. Iv'e done this on sith master. the tiefighters respawn in seconds. This is nothing compared to ninjagaiden2.
horseyjesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 horseyjesse
Member since 2003 • 565 Posts

I just did it earlier today! While I was working on it I was thinking "wow, I am so not willing on playing this again because of this part" but now that I did it, I feel like it wasn't that bad.

It took me about 5 cycles of TIE fighters. I used a combination of force lightning and force throwing them into eachother. I think you just really have to be quick and lucky.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
This bit was really frustrating until we figured out what to do. Manipulate the Star Destroyer according to the on-screen prompts. When a wave of T.I.E fighters comes, let go of the Destroyer and dispatch with the T.I.E. fighters by jumping up and blasting them with Force Lightning... try to be quick about it... You'll need to do this a few times until you succeed and a cutscene ensues. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
medic1322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 medic1322
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Lucasarts took one of the coolest things ever seen in Star Wars, destroying a Star Destroyer with your bare hands from hundreds of miles away, and completely ruined it. I have been killing TIE fighters for 1 hour, and I am stuck on the third phase of pulling the thing down. I kill all fighters before it even goes back into place, but no matter where I put the nose of the destroyer, I have yet to even see yellow (or green to some) between the analog sticks. Not once. I've moved it everywhere in the area that the sticks show no movement needed. I've let it sit until I have to adjust it. I follow every movement with great detail to make sure I do it right. You'd think it would turn yellow. Nope.

Great idea in theory, totally ruined my gaming experience. At least give me some force points for the hundreds of TIE fighters I've mangled......

medic1322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 medic1322
EDIT: After posting this, I let it kill me out of frustration. When I re-did it, on the last phase, did it first try. It went yellow almost immediately. Perhaps something for all of you with problems to consider.
Syrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Syrenz
Member since 2008 • 766 Posts
using a walkthrough works
gruoch1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gruoch1
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
I had the same problem. Try this; when the tie fighters attack stand behind the left pillar for cover, then every time a tie fighter flies by do a double jump into the air and fire force lightning slightly to the left so you'll zap it as it flies by. Second, once you've started pulling the star destroyer down, keep pulling it even when the tie fighters fly in, then wait until your health is in the red before letting go and dash to the pillar on the left for cover. You'll get your health back as you destroy the fighters. This segment is very difficult and frustrating, but keep at it. Also, remember the more times you play through the game the more powerful you become. Now that my character is completely maxed this segment is MUCH easier, and I have beaten it many times using this strategy. I hope this helps you.
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Darkzero6x2
i hated this damn level. seriously the coolest moment of this game was such a waste.
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Darkzero6x2

Lucasarts took one of the coolest things ever seen in Star Wars, destroying a Star Destroyer with your bare hands from hundreds of miles away, and completely ruined it. I have been killing TIE fighters for 1 hour, and I am stuck on the third phase of pulling the thing down. I kill all fighters before it even goes back into place, but no matter where I put the nose of the destroyer, I have yet to even see yellow (or green to some) between the analog sticks. Not once. I've moved it everywhere in the area that the sticks show no movement needed. I've let it sit until I have to adjust it. I follow every movement with great detail to make sure I do it right. You'd think it would turn yellow. Nope.

Great idea in theory, totally ruined my gaming experience. At least give me some force points for the hundreds of TIE fighters I've mangled......

medic1322
just like i said. ruined the gaming experience. i hated it. heck i felt like alot of the boss fights were ruined by respawning enemies and yeah...i hated it, best boss fight was vader hands down that was it everything else was crap. it wasnt as epic as the marketing made it out to be
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
haha its really easy. just takes a few mins. Pull, let go as about to get hit, destroy the tie fighters really quick pull again, rinse and repeat and you will beat it in no time
X-GrimReaper-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 X-GrimReaper-X
Member since 2008 • 119 Posts
the easy way to do this fast is by first destroying the tie fighters (i like force gripping them and throwing them into other tie fighters) and then grabbing the star destroyer, but when you do not follow the on-screen instructions, instead just try and get the ship into the middle facing towards you until the instructions tell you to bring it down, then pull down on both of the sticks until the tie fighters come and repeat. Hope this helped
iareconfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 iareconfuse
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts

I've pretty much perfected this part of the game. Been through it on sith master. Anyways, with every wave of TIE fighters, use force lightning on them. Keep on jumping so that you don't get hit, and when you force lightning a TIE fighter, make sure you go to the left and right edges (whichever side the fighter is on) and jump once, then lightning them.

After the fighters are all dead, grab the destroyer, and just line the ship up with yourself. Ignore the joystick prompts on the screen; they don't lie to you, but if you generally get the idea of what the game is trying to get you to do, you should have no problem. Keep the front of the ship lined up with the center of your screen, and keep it tilted down ever so slightly. Even if the light stays red, just keep it in that center position for about 5 seconds, and it WILL turn green.

The trick is to kill the TIE fighters fast with lighting, so that you give the Destroyer as little time as possible to undo the alignment work that you've done. It should take you about 3 waves, 4 at the most.

TFairbanks2983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 TFairbanks2983
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

I've pretty much perfected this part of the game. Been through it on sith master. Anyways, with every wave of TIE fighters, use force lightning on them. Keep on jumping so that you don't get hit, and when you force lightning a TIE fighter, make sure you go to the left and right edges (whichever side the fighter is on) and jump once, then lightning them.

After the fighters are all dead, grab the destroyer, and just line the ship up with yourself. Ignore the joystick prompts on the screen; they don't lie to you, but if you generally get the idea of what the game is trying to get you to do, you should have no problem. Keep the front of the ship lined up with the center of your screen, and keep it tilted down ever so slightly. Even if the light stays red, just keep it in that center position for about 5 seconds, and it WILL turn green.

The trick is to kill the TIE fighters fast with lighting, so that you give the Destroyer as little time as possible to undo the alignment work that you've done. It should take you about 3 waves, 4 at the most.

iareconfuse

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I got frustrated when the game froze at this point and I had to try 3 or 4 times because it kept freezing but yes. Hide behind the pillars and force lightning the hell out of the TIEs. Move quickly and you will get it.

Syrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Syrenz
Member since 2008 • 766 Posts
it's easy once you know what do
medic1322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 medic1322

Think every single one of you actually missed what was wrong with my 1st attempt. I am a pro at smoking the TIE's, and pulling the Star Destroyer is easy. Heck, the whole level is pretty easy. My problem was that on the last pull before the cut scene, the analog sticks *NEVER* turned yellow. I repeated the process at least 10 times, doing everything I could think of to get it to work. Never turned yellow. I let the TIE's kill me, then started over, and beat it as fast as one can. The last pull went yellow almost immediately, and I made it to the cut scene.

I would bet that more people are having difficulties like the one I just described. Otherwise, its pretty darn easy. Just frustrated me beyond belief, but at least I know it wasn't me, it was the game... darn bugs.

iareconfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 iareconfuse
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts

Oh.

ShadySpecimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ShadySpecimen
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts

ok first of all, there is an extensive thread on this in the 'force unleashed' forum. it's a sticky.

anyways, I had trouble too, and I changed costumes and lightsaber crystals and it worked. Don't pay attention to the thumbstick prompts- they are messed up. When you move the ship, in order to pull it down you have to make sure it's facing you straight on. When it's nose is facing you and is parallel with the ground (like, make sure the nose is up a bit), just hold it there for 2 seconds and then it should tell you to pull it down. The prob with the thumbstick controls is that it tells you to keep moving the sticks even when you have the ship aligned. Additionally, although you're prolly already doing this, make sure to take the ties out as fast as possible with either lightning or by force gripping them and throwing them into one another.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Simple. force lightening the hell outta the tiefighters QUICKLY and get back to pulling it down. stabbystabstab

Exactly. Don't waste your time with hurling engine cores at the tie fighters. Force lightning and maybe force pull will get rid of a whole tie fighter wave in under a minute.

The key is to take out the tie fighters ASAP.

Evolution-X0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Evolution-X0
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts
well,i gotta tell u my thoughts on this game. this game was epic through the 1st play though but after that it got boring quick. so this will be one of my games that i trade in tomorrow.
zachariahl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zachariahl45
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
can anyone explain if it is possible to take the character that you used to beat it on one difficutly and use him on another, or do you just have to start from scratch?
smicko77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 smicko77

I can do everthing everyones said except when its says "now rip it down" I cant bring it towards me. What the hell am I doing wrong. this bit is crapping me bad, arent games meant to fun, this is driving me nuts

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#30 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

I can do everthing everyones said except when its says "now rip it down" I cant bring it towards me. What the hell am I doing wrong. this bit is crapping me bad, arent games meant to fun, this is driving me nuts

smicko77
i know, it's a bit stupid. If it isn't immediately able to pull it down once it's facing you, just push the nose up a bit. Remember that when the TIE fighters come you can use force lightning on the ones that get close. It's the fastest way to get through that part.
cdelli01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 cdelli01
Member since 2005 • 331 Posts

DON'T listen to the prompts. Forget whether it's green or red, just do it by sight. That part of the game is glitched; it tells you to keep pulling the nose down when it's already aligned. DON'T. Just keep the nose slightly up--same as it was when you pulled it down the first couple of times. And forget about the Tie Fighters. Keep pulling it down until your health is in the red. If you screw it up you'll get your health back by taking out the next wave of Ties. Trust me, I feel your pain man. This part took me like an hour. After reading a couple posts on the forums though, using the advice I've given you in the above, I did it on the first try. You'll get it. And when you do--it's very satisfying.