The Broken 360 Thread v. 3 -- RROD, E74 Queries In Here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by Tjeremiah1988 (16665 posts) -
just got back the xbox and the date saids 2005, so I get back a different and older console :|. Great...
#-48 Posted by skyskeek (39 posts) -
maybe you need to run a disk cleaner
#-47 Posted by rbowden81 (25 posts) -

Here's my problem. Was playing some online multiplayer of Call of Duty tonight. I get about 30 min in and while playing and the resolution seems to go, I don't really know how to explain it but it begins to look more like the colors have bled out and you can clearly tell there is something wrong with the picture. It didn't affect the play but once I got out of the game I noticed that the display problems were also in the lobby and all the way to the main screen. I tried to turn off my xbox and turn it back on but it wouldn't come on so I waited about an hour and a half and turned it back on. It came back on working fine, I started playing online again and this time about 5 min in I had the same problem. The display seemed to loose a lot of its resolution. I finished the game then turned the xbox off again. This time it wouldn't come on. The green lights come on like normal but there was no xbox loading screen and nothing showed up. The machine made noise like it was working but nothing on the screen.

I'm using an HDMI cable hookup so I checked the connections, still didn't work. Then I tried hooking it up in another input with the regular cables that came with the xbox and still no picture. Has anyone had a similar problem or know anything of how to go about fixing this. I got my xbox for free as a bowl gift at a bowl game last year and so I don't think I have any store purchases warranty. I've had it since two christmas's ago.

Anyways, any info will help.

Thanks in advance!

#-46 Posted by Aceconn (121 posts) -
I know what ur talking about,but this problem only occured after i got the RROD.All i can say is that the towel trick fixes this,but i can say wether you should attempt it before you've used it on the RROD.Good luck,& down with the MS!
#-45 Posted by Toriko42 (27562 posts) -
just got back the xbox and the date saids 2005, so I get back a different and older console :|. Great...Tjeremiah1988
As long as it works well I'd be happy but 2005 is pretty old, that means it's a Xenon chip :| I guess I was very lucky to get a 2008 model with Falcon but seriously I'd complain and maybe get something out of it for getting an older console back.
#-44 Posted by znator (550 posts) -
Well after a year and a half my 360 died on me today :( going out to get a coffin for it, then I will be shipping to Microsoft post haste for my repair or replacement, and this is just great because tomorrow Lost and Damned comes out, as well as Street Fighter 4 in which I pre-ordered.
#-43 Posted by kozzy1234 (35966 posts) -

Just fixed two 360s today that had RROD!

The X-Clamp fix does work people. If you are out of warranty, check it out. You get a step by step guide and all the stuff needed (or you can just buy the screws and everything else yourself and will cost under 10$). Its not that hard to fix, took me about 2 hours to do 2 of them today. Working like new again.

Anyways, no this isnt advertising, just a heads up for people who have no warranty anymore and who got RROD. Its well worth checking this out people.

Have no idea how to fix the E74 error, but the RROD alot of the time is very easy process to fix (not the silly towerl trick lol).

#-42 Posted by kozzy1234 (35966 posts) -

Well after a year and a half my 360 died on me today :( going out to get a coffin for it, then I will be shipping to Microsoft post haste for my repair or replacement, and this is just great because tomorrow Lost and Damned comes out, as well as Street Fighter 4 in which I pre-ordered.znator

Hope you get your 360 back soon man.

#-41 Posted by Dragon-Town (135 posts) -
After I DL'ed GTA IV the Lost and the Damned my console continually acts and behaves as if it is bricking the picture will freeze and has a checkerboard like pattern. In attempting to determine if it was the patches for the game or the DL content I tried the game with and without the hd WITH AND WITHOUT xbox LIVE, DURING THIS PROCESS my Gamertag dissappeared I attempted to recover but get the result that I do not have sufficient space on my XBOX360 HD even though I have more than 40 gigs free. Any ideas? I desperately want my console to work again. I was playing it last night with absolutely no problem.
#-40 Posted by corb77 (464 posts) -

My xbox 360 just got the RROD and has already left my home to be fixed....I'm totaly gutted though as i've just bought f.e.a.r 2 and shell shock 2, plus street fighter 4 will arrive tomorrow morning and my xbox is at the doctors....

But i have to ask, why does the RROD happen? what gets damaged in the 360 to make it die?

WHY 360.... WHY DID YOU DIE ON ME!!!

#-39 Posted by rbowden81 (25 posts) -

Looks like I'm going to have to send my xbox in to the shop, either that or buy a new one. Get work bonus's at the end of the month! But, since my xbox was given as a gift and I have no receipt and it was given 2 Christmas's ago, I'm assuming it's not under warranty. If that's the case what's the best way to get it fixed? Is shipping it to microsoft the only option (I don't want to mess with it myself) or can I send it to like a Best Buy Geek Squad? Also, does anyone know about how much it'll cost to ship off and get fixed if it's not under warranty? I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble to try and get it fixed or just buy a new one since I didn't pay for the first one anyways.

For more information about what's wrong with it look up about a few posts and you'll see my original post.

Thanks!

#-38 Posted by AeRo619 (1698 posts) -

I just got the RROD and am wondering if it costs anything to send it out, my friend said as long as Im under the 3 year RROD warranty (which I am got mine in 2007) that It should be free to send it in, is this true?

please Reply back ASAP

#-37 Posted by skyskeek (39 posts) -
you dare not move the console will the disk is spinning it changes axis an wobbles agoes down an rubs on the metal case
#-36 Posted by znator (550 posts) -

[QUOTE="znator"]Well after a year and a half my 360 died on me today :( going out to get a coffin for it, then I will be shipping to Microsoft post haste for my repair or replacement, and this is just great because tomorrow Lost and Damned comes out, as well as Street Fighter 4 in which I pre-ordered.kozzy1234

Hope you get your 360 back soon man.

Thanks man, well I shipped it out today, and hope to get it back soon, but I am really annoyed that Microsoft didn't issue this problem yet, a console is suppose to last you for years and years, not play for a year then decide to die one day, I swear man if my 360 ever breaks after warrenty and I have to pay $100, that's the last $100 Microsoft will ever see from me on the 360, I am so close to jumping ship sadly, I want a system that is going to last me for years to come, not just keel over and die, I am starting to seriously rethink my purchase in the 360.
#-35 Posted by xL33TxTALENTx (199 posts) -
I'm thinking about that too. I would have moved on to a new system if it weren't for the PS3's high price and lack of games.
#-34 Posted by Kha88NZdils (80 posts) -

I just got the RROD and am wondering if it costs anything to send it out, my friend said as long as Im under the 3 year RROD warranty (which I am got mine in 2007) that It should be free to send it in, is this true?

please Reply back ASAP

AeRo619

What year is your manufacturing date? Because just I yesterday got the 2007 model and its the new 150W, 12. 1A. Doesnt use so much power so it keeps the temprature down within the machine along with the new design that has the four ram chips removed from the bottom of the motherboard and the ones on the top are doubled in capacity, this was one of the reasons why you get the RRoD because it reduced airflow within the console and it starts to overheat as its producing more heat that it can disperse through the vents, that also melted the ram chips in some cases.

From New Zealand it costs 132dollars but I was having problems with my falcon model within the first month, so I decided to not touch it for two whole months and contact customer service, they have given me a 50% discount whenever I decide to send my old xbox away, after I turned it on there was absolutely nothing wrong with it until I got RRoD a 10 1/2 months later. Mine was a 2005 model. If it is still under warrenty then its free to send away, if not then you have to pay (well atleast it was in my case), whether you get another one or get that one fixed, try placing it upon something so evey single vent is open and has breathing space, same goes with your power adaptor will keep your console cooler, and that means it must be horizontal. Probly should also look at getting a cooling unit eg. Nyko Intercooler Ex, hard to get over here but they are good at keeping your xboxs' temp down, dont over use them as they can harm your 360 with extended over-use. Just putting them on when its a hot day or having a gaming marathon are good. They go for NZ$45.

Another interesting thing somebody said in another forum is that he had his 360 plugged into a cheap muti box and it was freezing and lagging heaps, as soon as he plugged into a clean power supply eg. wall plug it worked fine, he repeated that over 4 times and got the same results. He came to the conclusion that the multi box did not meet the system power requirements to operate properly. So its worth splashing out and getting an expensive surge multi box.

In other words, be nice an gentle with you 360 and it shall return the favour by living longer :D

#-33 Posted by Kha88NZdils (80 posts) -

*I meant that I called customer service before the warranty expired (after 1 month), then when I had called them again my warranty had expired, so since I called up and had given my story about the problems I was having earlier, they gave me a 50% discount when I eventually got RRoD. If I had of sent it when it was playing up after that first month it would have been free.

Dillon

#-31 Posted by Red__Katana (25 posts) -

Hey, I think I could do with a little help... I'm on my sixth (frustrating) Xbox 360 console, and it is under a pre-owned warranty. For the first four times it was replaced, it was replaced with another preowned console, which is no surprise. However, on the fifth replacement (the xbox i have now), my games retailer accidentally gave me a brand new one, and I am not about to waste the opportunity to take full advantage of this. To clarify my determination, I'll state that i have taken the precaution to only allow myself up to three hours playing time at once, with breaks in between, to avoid overheating. My preowned warranty runs out at the end of this month (yes, that's five overheating incidents in less than a year), so this new console is my last hope.

Anyway, I have discovered external cooling fans on the internet, and I am contemplating making a purchase. However, I have read some reviews of the product, and they are indifferent. Some people say that it increases the risk to your xbox overheating, yet others say the opposite. They all say it is loud, but I am willing to ignore that in the interests of my new console's lifetime. Could anyone here on Gamespot give me a clear answer which will probably endorse my decision in whether to purchase the fan. Also, it would be helpful to know if the attached cooling fan would be muc more useful than a standard desktop fan.

Thank you! :)

#-30 Posted by Kha88NZdils (80 posts) -

Hey, I think I could do with a little help... I'm on my sixth (frustrating) Xbox 360 console, and it is under a pre-owned warranty. For the first four times it was replaced, it was replaced with another preowned console, which is no surprise. However, on the fifth replacement (the xbox i have now), my games retailer accidentally gave me a brand new one, and I am not about to waste the opportunity to take full advantage of this. To clarify my determination, I'll state that i have taken the precaution to only allow myself up to three hours playing time at once, with breaks in between, to avoid overheating. My preowned warranty runs out at the end of this month (yes, that's five overheating incidents in less than a year), so this new console is my last hope.

Anyway, I have discovered external cooling fans on the internet, and I am contemplating making a purchase. However, I have read some reviews of the product, and they are indifferent. Some people say that it increases the risk to your xbox overheating, yet others say the opposite. They all say it is loud, but I am willing to ignore that in the interests of my new console's lifetime. Could anyone here on Gamespot give me a clear answer which will probably endorse my decision in whether to purchase the fan. Also, it would be helpful to know if the attached cooling fan would be muc more useful than a standard desktop fan.

Red__Katana

Wow that is a bummer for you, good to see you havnt given up on the 360. May I ask what your manufacturing date is and what your Volts/Amp ratio is. They are located on the back of the machine where the barcode is, the Volt/Amp ratio is on the bottom left under the manufacture date. And can you look on your power adaptor box to check the Watt rating. I am also wondering what model you got eg, 20GB, 60GB, Arcade or Elite. I can tell you a few things once I have your 360's info.

Dillon.

#-27 Posted by Kha88NZdils (80 posts) -
Sorry i didnt realise the intent of this thread, can anybody remove my last mesg please?
#-26 Posted by inertk (3385 posts) -
If that's the case I'll delete my post.
#-25 Posted by Kha88NZdils (80 posts) -

If that's the case I'll delete my post. inertk

How do you delete the mesgs?

#-24 Posted by Kha88NZdils (80 posts) -

[QUOTE="inertk"]If that's the case I'll delete my post. Kha88NZdils

How do you delete the mesgs?

Dont worry iv figured that out already.

#-23 Posted by Red__Katana (25 posts) -
[QUOTE="Red__Katana"]

Kha88NZdils

Wow that is a bummer for you, good to see you havnt given up on the 360. May I ask what your manufacturing date is and what your Volts/Amp ratio is. They are located on the back of the machine where the barcode is, the Volt/Amp ratio is on the bottom left under the manufacture date. And can you look on your power adaptor box to check the Watt rating. I am also wondering what model you got eg, 20GB, 60GB, Arcade or Elite. I can tell you a few things once I have your 360's info.

Dillon.

Right... My manufacture date is 2008 - 08 - 25, the Volt/Amp ratio is 12V:14.2A ; 5V:1A, and the watt rating/Output DC is 203W. I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but the power adapter has been the same throughout all the replacements - only the core console was ever replaced, apart from the harddrive, which i also had replaced once. Oh, and its a 60GB Premium console. Thanks! :)

#-22 Posted by Red__Katana (25 posts) -
Oh, I meant: it's a 60GB Pro Console...
#-21 Posted by Kha88NZdils (80 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kha88NZdils"][QUOTE="Red__Katana"]

Red__Katana

Dillon.

Right... My manufacture date is 2008 - 08 - 25, the Volt/Amp ratio is 12V:14.2A ; 5V:1A, and the watt rating/Output DC is 203W. I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but the power adapter has been the same throughout all the replacements - only the core console was ever replaced, apart from the harddrive, which i also had replaced once. Oh, and its a 60GB Premium console. Thanks! :)

I see, yes the power adaptor does play a part in telling me whats up.

Did you get the 60GB with the system or did you buy that seperately?

Well the date is a good sign to say that it may have the Jasper Chipset in it and also may have to better design, what I mean by that is the older gens were built with 4 ram chips on the bottom of the motherboard and they greatly reduced the airflow with the console, that was a big factor in why a majority of xbox owners got the RRoD because of over-heating problems and possible melting of ram chips. Signs of that would be obvious lagging, freezing, not reading discs properly. Microsoft had sacreficed the restricted space inside for a sleek design unlike the larger PS3 but Sony were more concerned about its performance rather than size, its nice curved finish makes up for that in my opinion, thus leading to over-heating problems because they had the four ram chips on the bottom of the motherboard which restrict airflow throughout the console, with them removed in the newer 60GB versions they tend to run better and cooler.

But what puzzles me is your power adaptor, your manufacturing date suggests that it is a new model but runs on the older circuitry which your power consumption will use more electricty thus knowing that electricty generates heat it would generate more heat than mine. I am assuming that your console would get hotter than mine because of the power requirements.

I bought a 360 60GB Pro and that has a 12. 1A ratio and the power box has 150W but it is an 07' model, perhaps it is a newer falcon model (meaning chipset) but just not the 60GB version i own but i hope it has the same build design as mine, im not 100% sure that it would, simply because it would have to opened to be checked.

To be safe and help to prevent the RRoD you can:

- raise your 360 console by putting it horizontally and something underneath it thats strong enough to support the console but small enough so it blocks no vents and they are open, this creates a better airflow within the machine itself keeping it cooler. This also works for the power adaptor box also and I would advise doing so.

- keeping it in the coldest room in your house, this helps the heat disperse better. Where you place it in the room is another factor to consider, do not have it in direct sunlight as it obviously heats the console and/or power adaptor box up contributing to RRoD. They also require ample breathing space about 2-3inches+ around all vents.

- either look at getting a fan and pointing it and the back of you console or get a fan mod that clips onto the back of your console via the power input (the power plug can be plugged in via the fan mod which is clipped onto the back of your 360's power input). There are different types of fan mods, some being set up as easy as that or some have their own power plug supply (not needing to run power through your console). Do your research on this before making a decision. I am getting the Nyko Intercooler EX fan mod. And if you do get them only have them on for when its a hot day or if you have a gaming marathon, my reason for saying that is I have read some bad reviews about some fan mods melting the power input but i would image that was because of neglect, abuse and over-use. As you said, 3 hours, that is ample time and breaks are essential for the 360, it needs time to cool down. No matter how good the machine is, it will always crack under pressure when it reaches it limit and the 360s have a short limit.

I hope this helps you in some way, i am no xbox freak techie, i just did my research!

Cheers, DillonNZ.

#-20 Posted by Red__Katana (25 posts) -
Plenty there! Thanks! I got the 60GB memory with the system, because the original 20GB went along with the fifth failure. Oh, and it is stood upright, and it is already on a thick official guide. You know, one of those massive tomes. It also has plenty of breathing space. Hahaa, and i just happen to live in the coldest room in the house! (I'm 15) So, I think I've done quite well! :D Again, Thank you! Veeerrry, very very helpful! :D I think I shall get a cooling fan.
#-19 Posted by Kha88NZdils (80 posts) -

Plenty there! Thanks! I got the 60GB memory with the system, because the original 20GB went along with the fifth failure. Oh, and it is stood upright, and it is already on a thick official guide. You know, one of those massive tomes. It also has plenty of breathing space. Hahaa, and i just happen to live in the coldest room in the house! (I'm 15) So, I think I've done quite well! :D Again, Thank you! Veeerrry, very very helpful! :D I think I shall get a cooling fan.Red__Katana

Not too bad then, if you stick to those things iv listed then your 360 should live a long life, lucky that you got a brand new one! haha. well whatever suits you, vertical or horizontal, I only say horizontal because of the huge vent that gets blocked when you stand it up vertical. i dont think it would matter very much if you had a fan pointed at it or that fan mod. And im not much older than you, im 18. didnt know half the stuff i know now about the 360s up until a couple days ago. i just got curious to see how it works and why it breaks, by putting 2 and 2 together its common sense at the end of the day.

DillonNZ.

#-18 Posted by Pete5506 (10112 posts) -
I got the RRoD about three weeks ago and I sent it in. I got my Xbox back the other day, and after I have spent time playing it. I have notice that its not as loud as it use-st to be. Before it use to scream, now its a deep sound that I can barely hear. I just want to know what they do to it when you send it in, I always thought they just put a new processor in and send it back, but do they put in a new cooling system too?
#-17 Posted by SnIpErFrenZy_ (62 posts) -

I just got the E74 error message a few days ago. I bought it 11 months ago with the MFR date of 1-4-2008 and it finally died.I called Microsoft and they said they will repair it for free and it will take 2-3 weeks

#-16 Posted by SnIpErFrenZy_ (62 posts) -

Here's my problem. Was playing some online multiplayer of Call of Duty tonight. I get about 30 min in and while playing and the resolution seems to go, I don't really know how to explain it but it begins to look more like the colors have bled out and you can clearly tell there is something wrong with the picture. It didn't affect the play but once I got out of the game I noticed that the display problems were also in the lobby and all the way to the main screen. I tried to turn off my xbox and turn it back on but it wouldn't come on so I waited about an hour and a half and turned it back on. It came back on working fine, I started playing online again and this time about 5 min in I had the same problem. The display seemed to loose a lot of its resolution. I finished the game then turned the xbox off again. This time it wouldn't come on. The green lights come on like normal but there was no xbox loading screen and nothing showed up. The machine made noise like it was working but nothing on the screen.

I'm using an HDMI cable hookup so I checked the connections, still didn't work. Then I tried hooking it up in another input with the regular cables that came with the xbox and still no picture. Has anyone had a similar problem or know anything of how to go about fixing this. I got my xbox for free as a bowl gift at a bowl game last year and so I don't think I have any store purchases warranty. I've had it since two christmas's ago.

Anyways, any info will help.

Thanks in advance!

rbowden81

same thing happen to me about the colors, it happened a few times and i finally got the E74. your probally going to get one soon. If not then maybe RROD

#-15 Posted by corb77 (464 posts) -

I'm abit worried about the cooling fans, Is it true that cooling fans can course the RROD??? I use a cooling fan and i'm wondering if i should not use it if thats the case.

Any help on this matter would be great. thank you :)

#-14 Posted by xL33TxTALENTx (199 posts) -

I'm abit worried about the cooling fans, Is it true that cooling fans can course the RROD??? I use a cooling fan and i'm wondering if i should not use it if thats the case.

corb77

I use a cooling fan as well. If anyone has info on this being a good or bad thing please help us out.

#-13 Posted by cbfromthesc (28 posts) -
I have looked everywhere and i know this has been asked so i apologize,my xbox had e74 error so i did the add thermal compound and x clamp fix and now that is fixed and it will turn on but after just a couple of minutes it goes to rrod.Did i do something wrong or do i need to do the same with the gpu such as compund and x clamp fix please respond,thanks alot.
#-12 Posted by AustXilo (904 posts) -
I have looked everywhere and i know this has been asked so i apologize,my xbox had e74 error so i did the add thermal compound and x clamp fix and now that is fixed and it will turn on but after just a couple of minutes it goes to rrod.Did i do something wrong or do i need to do the same with the gpu such as compund and x clamp fix please respond,thanks alot.cbfromthesc
The GPU is what causes the RROD in the first place. Of course you need to do the x-clamp to the GPU. Most people do the fix to both heat sinks just to be safe. @People asking about the cooling fans: The intercooler cause the system to overheat and microsoft has said that it can void your warranty if you've used one. The newer fans aren't as bad, but anything that siphons power from your power brick is bad.
#-11 Posted by corb77 (464 posts) -

I've got one of the fans that go at the bottom off the xbox and use a USB socket to get its power...so is that a good thing or sould i do away with cooling fans all toghter?

I also had one of them intercooler fans and the guy from the shop were i bought it told me to get it and that it was the best one! so he could be the reson my xbox went for a trip to the doctors...

#-10 Posted by him42 (6811 posts) -
Holy $#!^. Microsoft received my console on wednesday, and now (friday) they have already fixed it and have shipped it back. Epic speed.
#-9 Posted by cbfromthesc (28 posts) -

The GPU is what causes the RROD in the first place. Of course you need to do the x-clamp to the GPU. Most people do the fix to both heat sinks just to be safe.

but any idea why it went from e74 to rrod.

#-8 Posted by Hopkins_J (2030 posts) -
Is there anyway to tell if I have gotten a new 360 back from repair? It made me go through the steps when you first turn on the console. It also has a little tape over the sensor thing. So I believe it is a new one...am I right?
#-7 Posted by SnIpErFrenZy_ (62 posts) -

corb77

no, the newer cooling fans doesnt cause RROD like the Nyco tempsmart cooling fan,it has its own ac adapter and the fans are strong and quiet but the older cooling fans causes rrod like the old nyco cooling fan.

#-6 Posted by Dawq902 (6796 posts) -
My Xbox 360 Elite that i purchased in November of '07 from Wal-Mart just RRoDed 15mins ago. It did this about 2 days ago and we did the towel thing and it started working fine but 2day it just randomly got 3 red lights. Do you think walmart will refund it/replace it or will I have to send it to MS (i still have the box if that helps). Thanks for the help.
#-5 Posted by kozzy1234 (35966 posts) -

I have looked everywhere and i know this has been asked so i apologize,my xbox had e74 error so i did the add thermal compound and x clamp fix and now that is fixed and it will turn on but after just a couple of minutes it goes to rrod.Did i do something wrong or do i need to do the same with the gpu such as compund and x clamp fix please respond,thanks alot.cbfromthesc

Do you have a guide/tutorial showing/tellign you exactly what to do? And are you replacing the xclamp with screws/washers? or just putting the silly xclamp back on?

I tried doing everything EXCEPT replace the xclamp with washers/screws because i didnt have them. It didnt work, i got RROD after 10 seconds. But then once i bought the RIGHT screws/washers, etc.... and tried it all again from teh begining it worked. My friends consoles are sitll working after a year of me fixing them, and i just fixed mine the other week and its still working after extensive play.

Make sure the screws/washers you have bought and that have replaced the xclamp are VERY TIGHT and that the GPU/heatsink is VERY secrure/sturdy. Like i said, i have tried doing it without replacing the xclamp and it only worked for a few mins, but once i got all the things i needed (screws washers,heatsink compound,etc..), ive had 3 consoles fixed with no problems!

I advice to pay the 29$ to get all the supplies you need, along with a TUTORIAL in writing, aswell as a video Tutorial taht shows you step by step exactly what to do to fix it.

BELOW IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED TO FIX RROD

- 8 Machine Screws 5x10mm (5mm)

- Nylon Washers #10 (5mm)

- Steel Flat Washers/ Zinc Plated (5mm)

- T-10, T8 Screw Driver

- Flat Head Screw Driver

- Arctic Silver 5 or any HIGH quality heat sink compound.

#-4 Posted by Aceconn (121 posts) -
Wow,i just cant believe people even consider (modding)theyer 360 because of this problem.I cant wait to get a PS3,& when i do,im trading in my RROD 360 console.I would feel bad about it but I asked Gamestop and they said it doesnt matter because all traded 360's are sent off to have new parts put in somewhere.After that they are sent back to the retailers to be sold.In case anyone was wondering.
#-3 Posted by skyskeek (39 posts) -
If you look down through the vent holes on top on the power connector side you will see two coils instead of three, this is another way to tell a Falcon
#-2 Posted by Dawq902 (6796 posts) -
when you send it your 360 you use your own box and tape the shipping label to the side of it right?
#-1 Posted by metro2692 (169 posts) -

hey everybody, i think i need some help

For the past 3 days i've been playing my xbox (specifically playing nba 2k9), about 15 minutes into playing the game, the screen became strange. it was like lines had divided the picture, and it was faded (i don't know exactly how to discribe it). I thought maybe it was just the game, so I put Skate 2 in, and the same problem came about.

Now i know (or at least 40% sure) that it's the xbox, because i change all the channels on the tv, and the screen is only bad when the system is on, does anybody know how I can fix this? does this mean I have to replace the system??

any help would be greatly appreciated!

#0 Posted by GANGSTASAN (2249 posts) -

NO!!

Can someone help? I only had my 360 for 2 months. I was playing lostplanet, and it froze....

Then, I put the electricity off(Yh, I know I wasn't supposed to put the main switch off). I waited about 5 seconds and powered everything back on with the name of god... My 360 got the RROD :cry:

Fortunately, after trying again, it was OK.

So, can anyone tell me if this is a sign of RROD coming? I really think it is, and I only have my 'new' 360 for 2 months.