The 360 Recommendation Thread - What Game Should I Get? *56k* (Updated 13/06)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts

This thread was designed to help future Xbox 360 owners or potential Xbox 360 owners decide which games are worth playing or spending your money on. If you can't find what you want, the Xbox 360 page is an excellent place to look for some great 360 games to play. Each of the games titles are linked to their respected Gamespaces where you can find out more information on the game, and discuss the game in its forum.

Each game has a brief description about the game. To get more details on the game, visit its Gamespace to find out more.

If you have any suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

*NOTE* All "What game should I get?" or any similar questions relating to game recommendation threads outsite this stickied thread will be locked. This is THE ONLY place for asking for recommendations in the 360 board. Thanks. - Caddy06_88

Thanks,

Sharvie.

Lost Odyssey

Gamespot's Score - 7.5

Lost Odyssey has a great storyline and great characters which are imperative for a good JRPG which is what the game is. It is one 4 discs but it doesn't hinder your enjoyment and it will last you a long time to complete everything.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Gamespot's Score -- 9.6

Oblivion is an excellent RPG with over 200 hours of gameplay and excellent graphics and gameplay. The interesting main story and side-quests also add some great depth to the game. Must Buy!

Mass Effect

Gamespot's Score -- 8.5

Mass Effect also has many hours of gameplay to keep you attached to the game. The graphics and voice acting are some of the best for a 360 game to date.

Eternal Sonata

Gamespot's Score -- 8.5

Eternal Sonata is a beautifully crafted game with stunning visuals and a very pretty environment. The story and battles make it a very unique game and sets the game out among the pack.

Halo 3

Gamespot's Score -- 9.5

Halo 3's climactic story and superb multiplayer make it one of the best 360 games. The sheer amount of Halo 3 players online is astounding, despite its negative online players, the multiplayer experience is not to be missed. A try or buy!

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Gamespot's Score -- 9.0

Call of Duty 4 has a short-but-sweet storyline but combined with an amazing multiplayer; it makes the game worth buying. It has exciting gameplay, superb graphics and fantastic sound effects to match.

The Orange Box

Gamespot's Score -- 9.5

The Orange Box is a superb value package for anyone looking for a bargain. The multiplayer game-- Team Fortress-- is fun along with Portal, and the Half-Life 2 part of the game is exciting and interesting. Try or Buy!

The Darkness

Gamespot's Score -- 8.5

The Darkness has a compelling well told story with fun gameplay to match. The graphics are beautiful technically and artistically which makes The Darkness a great game to play.

BioShock

Gamespot's Score -- 9.0

BioShock--despite no multiplayer capabilities-- is an astounding piece of work. The environmental graphics are nothing short of masterful and the riveting story and sound is excellent.

Gears of War

Gamespot's Score -- 9.6

Gears of War's technically prolific graphics and sound make it one of the best 360 games. Its single player story is really enjoyable but its multiplayer is one of its main pros which a lot of modes and maps to choose from. Must buy!

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

Gamespot's Score -- 8.1

Lost Planet has beautiful environments and excellent snow details in a game. The bosses in the game are incredible and very exciting to play against. The multiplayer may not be as active as it once was but is still a lot of fun. Try or Buy!

Crackdown

Gamespot's Score -- 7.8

Crackdown is a pretty fun game. The city is beautifully rendered and is vast. The abilities are fun to use and the ability to improve them is fun too. Despite the mediocre co-op the game is worth a rent, or if you really want it, a buy.

Stranglehold

Gamespot's Score -- 7.0

Stranglehold is a short experience but the exciting explosions and cool abilities make the game exciting to play. The slow motion camara is also a pretty good addition to the game.

Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sharvie

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

Gamespot's Score -- 9.2
GRAW's campaign mode is exciting and offers any gamer a challenge. The graphics are great and the gameplay makes for some very interesting gaming. If you want a better multiplayer experience or even better graphics, look for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, but GRAW should not be overlooked.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Vegas

Gamespot's Score -- 9.1
Rainbow 6 Vegas is an excellent game with awesome visuals and an immersive storyline. The game allows you to do cool things even Jack Bauer would be jealous of and the multiplayer is one of the best for the Xbox 360.

Burnout Paradise

Gamespot's Score - 9.0
Burnout is back on the 360 and as good as ever. The game now features a superb open world city where you can pick your races and more. The visuals are superb, as is the addicting multiplayer game. The music and voice acting is pretty poor, but it doesn't distract you from the crazy and exciting gameplay.

Forza 2

Gamespot's Score -- 9.2

Forza 2 is a fantastic racing game. The customisability is excellent and you can create your own cars. The graphics are superbly detailed, and the races are thrilling all the way through.

DiRT

Gamespot's Score -- 8.3
DiRT's online is a big disappointment but the game makes up for it with stunning graphics and equally unique tracks. The game's interface is sleek and cool looking too.

Project Gotham Racing 4

Gamespot's Score -- 8.5
Project Gotham Racing 4 takes what PRG 3 has done and improved upon it with highly detailed graphics and the inclusion of motor bikes which add a different approach to races. The inclusion of Kudos points adds a unique way to drive with styIe.

Assassin's Creed

Gamespot's Score -- 9.0
Assassin's Creed has excellent interactivity with its environment and has a historically accurately storyline which is pretty interesting. The graphics are stunning but some may think the game can get pretty repetitive.

Ninja Gaiden II

Gamespot's Score -- 8.0
The infamously brutal game is back with a new story, new weapons and excellent finishing moves and superb action make this game worth buying. Be prepared for an annoying camera and an inconsistent difficulty.

Devil May Cry 4

Gamespot's Score -- 8.0
The Devil May Cry series hit's the Xbox 360 with a thud. The action packed gameplay is excellent and the addition of a new character offers some variety. The graphics are also superb, as are the cut scenes. The puzzles can be frustrating at times and disrupt the flow of the game though.

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Gamespot's Score -- 7.5

Tomb Raider is an enjoyable game to say the least. The gameplay is fun and the acrobatic elements of the game add to this. If your looking for a fun game at an affordable price, Tomb Raider is a worth candidate.

Dead Rising

Gamespot's Score -- 8.4
Dead Rising is a ridiculously fun game. The endless amount of zombies and weapons make for some great ways to kill time (no pun intended). The only real flaw is the frustrating real-time system and save system make saving the game quite awkward.

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

Gamespot's Score -- 8.5
Ace Combat 6 has superb visuals and sound effects which make the game a worthy buy. Its gameplay and controls are smooth and easy to pick up. The vast amount of multiplayer modes also adds to replay value.

Madden NFL 08

Gamespot's Score -- 8.5
If you are an American Football fan this may just be a must-buy. It offer a much tougher experience than previous games, but is still as much fun. The franchise mode is also much more deeper and satisfying than previous Madden games. The controls may be difficult to pick up but when you, Madden 08 offers a great experience.

FIFA 08

Gamespot's Score -- 8.5
FIFA 08 is an enjoyable soccer game with bags of modes and teams. The game's graphics are good and commentary is pretty good too. The online is also pretty good and the presentation is nice. For someone who has never played a FIFA game, the controls will be difficult to master but for experienced players you will get to grips with it pretty fast.

NBA 2K8

Gamespot's Score -- 8.5
NBA 2K8 is a subtly good basketball game. The instructions are challenging but some new modes and original roster makes this game a must for basketball fans.

Grand Theft Auto 4

Gamespot's Score -- 10
The infamously GTA is back and bigger, funnier and more exciting than ever. Graphically the game is amazing and multiplayer is a lot of fun. As expected, the story is great and replay value is great from completing the missions or just driving around having fun.

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Gamespot's Score -- 8.0
Guitar Hero II is a lot of fun, and so is Guitar Hero III. It has what many consider a better track list and is just a lot of dun to play on your own, or with friends. The online is also a lot of fun, and the wireless guitar makes for some hard rocking!

Rock Band

Gamespot's Score -- 9.0
Rock Band is the essential party game, however it is highly enjoyable playing alone too. The variation of instruments will keep you hooked, even though the game is pretty expensive.

Command And Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

Gamespot's Score -- 8.7
If you want and RTS game for a console, C and C 3 is your best option. The controls are very smooth and the campaign and cut scenes are excellent. The ability to field huge armies in battles is a lot of fun and it's not as laggy as Lord of The Rings: Battle For Middle-Earth 2.

The Simpsons Game

Gamespot's Score -- 7.0
The Simpsons Game is a lot of fun whilst it lasts. The graphics are really good and the story is excellently presented. The camera can be punishing at times, but any Simpsons fans should give this game a shot.

Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sharvie

Def Jam: Icon

Gamespot's Score - 8.1

Def Jam is an OK fighting game. If you loved previous games, you will probably like this. The story and soundtrack is the game's only saviour as the gameplay is pretty bland.

Dead or Alive 4

Gamespot's Score - 8.8

Dead or Alive features an impressive selection of fighters and an excellent online community. The game has some graphical flaws but is other wise, the penultimate fighter for the 360.

Virtua Fighter 5

Gamespot's Score - 8.5

Virtua Fighter 5 has an excellent online mode and fantastic graphics to boot. The sound quality is a bit iffy sometimes but otherwise it is a great fighter.

Viva Pinata

Gamespot's Score -- 8.3

Viva Pinata is a colourful and fun game for any age. It has excellent graphics and will keep the kids ocupied in creating the prettiest of landscapes... but watch out for those ruffians!

Beautiful Katamari

Gamespot's Score -- 7.5

Katamari's fun and addictive gameplay is as rife as ever. The online is lacking, but the game will bring a subtle smile to your face as you create the best Katamari!

Open Season

Gamespot's Score -- 5.3

Based on the movie, Open Season is what you would expect - pretty bad. But for kids, you've got a safe bet with it, and even the easy achievement points are ideal for the achievement whores among us.

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Gamespot's Score -- 7.1

There are a lot of fun little mini games and side quests to keep you ocupied. The game offers some quirky humourous moments along the way to bring a smile to any participating adults, too.

Arcade

[Click Spoiler to see some of the arcade section]

[spoiler]

Uno

Gamespot's Score - 8.1

Most people have heard of the c|assic card game, Uno. Now that it's on XBLA, many more people can enjoy it with four player online support and some rule customisation, even though it is slightly limited.

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

Gamespot's Score - 9.0

Puzzle Quest combines a unique blend of RPG and puzzle-gameplay which makes it one of the more unique arcade games. It has fun puzzles to complete which make the RPG elements to the game more addictive, and it throws in some online play.

Doom

Gamespot's Score - 7.3

One of the c|assic video games, Doom stays true to the original with added online play. The online can be enjoyable but single-player is just like it was.

Galaga

Gamespot's Score - 6.9

Galaga stays true to the original game, so nostalgia wise, the game is a winner. If your also looking for a cheap 200 achievements - this is the game for you

Carcassonne

Gamespot's Score - 7.5

This strategy game for XBLA has simple controls and yet oddly addictive. It has a 5 player online support and has plenty of rule customisation to keep you coming back for more.

Band of Bugs

Gamespot's Score - 6.3

Band of Bugs is a fun Turn-Based Strategy game. The game has some pretty graphics and there is an endless amount of maps you can play as you can create your own maps which you can play on. Despite this, you may experience some glitches but they don't really effect the overall experience.

N+

Gamespot's Score - 7.5

N+ may not look, or sound like much but its addictive gameplay and quantities of puzzles make the game a lot of fun to play. Multiplayer is also pretty great despite its slight inconsistencies.

Rez HD

Gamespot's Score - 8.5

Rez HD is fast-paced, sharp and fun. The games beautifully complimenting colours is aesthetically pleasing and the music is some of the best seen in an arcade game.

[/spoiler]

Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sharvie
Accessories - Under Construction
Private_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Private_Adam
Member since 2005 • 9864 Posts
Good job, I bet that you had put a lot of work into this thread. it would be cool if one of the mods would sticky this thread.
deuceswld84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deuceswld84
Member since 2004 • 691 Posts

Great thead Sharvie. May I suggest, since this is a "Intro to Xbox 360" kinda thread for mostly people new the 360. Maybe add the link to the newly added Tech Center. Its a good place for newbs to decide on what system to start with.

Link

Dilan120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dilan120
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts
bump i hope they make this thread sticky
Toastman923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Toastman923
Member since 2003 • 385 Posts
Good work! This should help a bunch of people out, as well as eliminate the "what game should i get?" threads
tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 tylea002
Member since 2006 • 2351 Posts
Great work, although people wont agree, I reccommened Earth Defence Force 2017, great budget title, more than the sum of its parts...just plain fun!
Squeegeeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Squeegeeking
Member since 2006 • 123 Posts

Well as this is a game ecommendation thread. Should i get Eternal Sonata or Mass Effect, i like the look of both ust wondering what you guys thought(can only get one now and the other proabably a while after xmas)

P.S Good work on this thread must have taken ages =P

LUK3isH3RE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LUK3isH3RE
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

Nice thread, man.

I would find this very helpful if I'd just bought a 360.

IOwnsGh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 IOwnsGh2
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

This is great!!! im getting a 360 soon, and was just about to post a thread on what games to get. MODS STICKY THIS THREAD!!
Great work bro.

I appreciate this very much. and other people will too.

deuceswld84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deuceswld84

Well as this is a game ecommendation thread. Should i get Eternal Sonata or Mass Effect, i like the look of both ust wondering what you guys thought(can only get one now and the other proabably a while after xmas)

P.S Good work on this thread must have taken ages =P

Squeegeeking

I love both those games. And I must recommend Mass Effect. ME has way more replayablity.

Eternal Sonata is a really great game but the story isn't near as good as Mass Effect.

I hope this helps ya out. I would wait and get ES used. You know when its like 26-35 bucks.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

I have already created a similar topic and one of the ignorent Moderators closed that topic since I was telling people in "What game should I buy?" topics to visit my Recommendation topic. Here is the URL and I have put endless amount of time for that compared to what you have done. If a Moderator is going to sticky, might aswell sticky the one with the most information and games. Note that I can make another topic since I have everthing saves on my computer.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26031387

deuceswld84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deuceswld84

I would think it was locked because it takes forever to load. I have cable and it took it a while. While a game recommendation thread is a great idea and needed. A simple list and a brief dicsription is all thats needed.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

I would think it was locked because it takes forever to load. I have cable and it took it a while. While a game recommendation thread is a great idea and needed. A simple list and a brief dicsription is all thats needed.

deuceswld84

Not when there are two or more similar games or game genres. Not to mention that topic loads quickly unless you have 56k Internet speed.

Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sharvie
Thanks for the words, guys. I'm working on the thread getting stickied. I think i'll post a thread in ask the mods because they're not replying to PMs. *runs to ATM*
GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
As good as this thread looks, I don't think it's necessary. You can find the best 360 games on the Xbox 360 main page.
dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts
Don't forget XBLA.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="deuceswld84"]

ISuperGamerI

Not when there are two or more similar games or game genres. Not to mention that topic loads quickly unless you have 56k Internet speed.

I agree with your first statement.

your thread looks very nice, but it takes a while to load(broadband cable). I dont think your thread was locked because of this, but I guess its very annoying for people with slower intenet speeds.

Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
Call of Duty 4 received a 9.0 score, not 9.5. Just thought I'd clear that up.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Great thread. We get waayyy too many "What game should I get?" threads each day. :P
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
you should really add viva pinata in there
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sharvie

Call of Duty 4 received a 9.0 score, not 9.5. Just thought I'd clear that up.Hitchy9

Lol. Thanks. I read it through 3 times to make sure it was correct but i had a feeling that i missed something. :)

SIack3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 SIack3r
Member since 2007 • 97 Posts
I gotta get hold of Oblivion and Forza 2 :(
rosscero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 rosscero
Member since 2006 • 438 Posts

''Ace Combat 6 has superb visuals and sound effects which make the game a worthy buy. Its gameplay and controls are smooth and easy to pick up. The vast amount of multiplayer modes also adds to replay value.''

Does it have a great multiplayer? Cuz I'll buy Assassins Creed and another game on saturday...and I need some opinions! =]

princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#29 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

''Ace Combat 6 has superb visuals and sound effects which make the game a worthy buy. Its gameplay and controls are smooth and easy to pick up. The vast amount of multiplayer modes also adds to replay value.''

Does it have a great multiplayer? Cuz I'll buy Assassins Creed and another game on saturday...and I need some opinions! =]

rosscero

I entered the GS Ace Combat tournament a couple of weeks ago and I had a blast in multiplayer. I enjoyed it a lot and I'm not even into flight simulators.I found it easy to play and enjoyable. You shouldn't be concerned with the multiplayer.

Gualoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gualoh
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts
Sweet, hopefully this is the end of the "I'm new to XBOX 360" threads.
spartan_smg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 spartan_smg
Member since 2007 • 102 Posts

Great Work :)

super_slonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 super_slonik
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

Good job! :)

If only they could ban every "what game i should buy???" topic...

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
nice! maybe kameo on as well
Zacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Zacek
Member since 2004 • 1536 Posts
Thank you very much for posting this list, but I'd like to see the recommended Xbox Live Arcade games!
fraggerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fraggerman
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
its cool that we now have a official thread to reccomend games but i wish they eliminate some of the other threads about which games should be bought.
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sharvie

Thank you very much for posting this list, but I'd like to see the recommended Xbox Live Arcade games!Zacek1000

I'm actually working on that at the moment, but as my 360 is in repair i can't properly make it yet, but expect it when i do. :)

GameFreak315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GameFreak315
Member since 2003 • 28485 Posts

First of all, great list...I'm sure I'll be coming back to it frequently. :)

Secondly...I might be getting a 360 for Christmas. It's on my list, but it's kind of expensive...anyways, I'm probably not going to be getting Live. A lot of games these days focus on multiplayer, but what are some games with great single-player campaigns? Thanks. :)

Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sharvie

Secondly...I might be getting a 360 for Christmas. It's on my list, but it's kind of expensive...anyways, I'm probably not going to be getting Live. A lot of games these days focus on multiplayer, but what are some games with great single-player campaigns? Thanks. :)

GameFreak315

RPG's like Oblivion have about 200 hours of Single-Player. Also Mass Effect has a very long Single player game. Assassin's Creed is also a great game, but it can get pretty repetitive. The Orange Box is also pretty long even though Team Fortress is an entirely Multi-player game, the other 4 games will give you a lengthy experience.

If you fully want to experince the 360, i would recommend getting hooked up to XBL, then that unlocks various other games, arcade games and multiplay - which isn't all bad. :)

GameFreak315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GameFreak315
Member since 2003 • 28485 Posts
RPG's like Oblivion have about 200 hours of Single-Player. Also Mass Effect has a very long Single player game. Assassin's Creed is also a great game, but it can get pretty repetitive. The Orange Box is also pretty long even though Team Fortress is an entirely Multi-player game, the other 4 games will give you a lengthy experience.

If you fully want to experince the 360, i would recommend getting hooked up to XBL, then that unlocks various other games, arcade games and multiplay - which isn't all bad. :)

Sharvie

I guess the problem is figuring out how we'd hook it up...the 360 would be in the basement, which would have to be connected to the computer I'm using on the first floor, which is already connected wirelessly to a computer on the second floor...it would probably lag pretty badly. I could experiment, though...I guess it comes with a Silver membership, right? Couldn't hurt. :P

Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sharvie

I could experiment, though...I guess it comes with a Silver membership, right? Couldn't hurt. :P

GameFreak315

It does, and if i remember correctly you get 1 month free Gold Membership too when you get it. Good luck. :)

princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 princesszelda

First of all, great list...I'm sure I'll be coming back to it frequently. :)

GameFreak315

If you are looking for a great single player experience I suggest you check out Bioshock. The atmosphere is amazing and while it might not be the best game in the FPS genre, it makes up for it with its creativity.

kwonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kwonny
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

hey guys my topic got locked so im bringing it over here. im getting two games for christmas out of bioshock cod4 and the orange box what 2 should i get?

i already have halo 3 if that means anything and will the community for tf2 die out pretty quickly?

kajoninjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kajoninjo
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

So my question is like the rest, which game shall I get.

I think about Halo3, The Orange box and Oblivion.

The thing is that oblivion is really cheap now, so Should I buy that now and save the other ones and then when they are cheaper? Or are halo 3 or orange box THAT good that I should get them right away?

Please help me :D

deuceswld84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deuceswld84

I guess the problem is figuring out how we'd hook it up...the 360 would be in the basement, which would have to be connected to the computer I'm using on the first floor, which is already connected wirelessly to a computer on the second floor...it would probably lag pretty badly. I could experiment, though...I guess it comes with a Silver membership, right? Couldn't hurt. :PGameFreak315

If you have a wireless connection throughout your home you can buy the Wireless Network Adapter for your 360. If you decide to go wireless and your 360 lags afterward, I recommend getting a new Router with a bigger range, and that should cover all the way to your basement. If your gonna be going with all wires, it depends on what floor your Modem and Router is on.

As for SP games, BioShock, Oblivion (The Game of the Year Edition recently came out with all the expansions), Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Condemned, and Eternal Sonata just to name a few.

hey guys my topic got locked so im bringing it over here. im getting two games for christmas out of bioshock cod4 and the orange box what 2 should i get?

i already have halo 3 if that means anything and will the community for tf2 die out pretty quickly?kwonny

CoD4 I would say is a must have. The MP will be busy for a long while. BioShock is a great SP experience, also a must have. An alternitive would be get The Orange Box and CoD4 and after Christmas then buy BioShock used. Thats if you want OB badly enough. ;)

So my question is like the rest, which game shall I get.

I think about Halo3, The Orange box and Oblivion.

The thing is that oblivion is really cheap now, so Should I buy that now and save the other ones and then when they are cheaper? Or are halo 3 or orange box THAT good that I should get them right away?

Please help me :D

kajoninjo

Obilvion - Has the new GOTY Editon has I stated above. Will cost you more if you bought Obilvion used plus the two expansions. Oblivion itself has at least 100+ hours of game time, even without the expansions. Your call on what to do there.

Halo 3 - Has very large online community, unfortunatly this also means it has the most violent and dumbest of gamers than any other game out there. This game can be a blast if you have friend that have it to.

I cant realy say to much about the OB, never played it.

cheezey323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cheezey323
thanks im gettin a 360 for xmas great job
princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 princesszelda

i already have halo 3 if that means anything and will the community for tf2 die out pretty quickly?

kwonny

While I have both CoD4 and The Orange Box I have spent all of my time with CoD4. Even though the campaign is short it makes up for it with the multiplayer. If you have the opportunity definitely get both games. But if you can only get one now go for CoD4.

kwonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kwonny
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts
is the orange box still worth it even if ive played half life 2 on my pc? and is the community for TF2 going to die making it hard to find a game?
OldProf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#48 OldProf
Member since 2003 • 1513 Posts
what about fighting games like Dead Or Alive 4 or Virtual Fighter 5
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lotr_2003
Member since 2003 • 2096 Posts

Hey I also made a recommendation thread like 2 years ago:

Here's the link: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24457925

Tyrant360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tyrant360
Are Call of Duty 3 and Gears of War worth buying? I especially want to know if there's any online activity.. :)