Tactics you would do to make the Xbox One better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

What business strategy would you do to make the Xbox One a better home console for everyone. Please try to be realistic.

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

I think they are doing a pretty good job as it is... They have listened to the consumers and continue to try and make up for past mistakes.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Thats easy... Just change the company who makes.

The Xbox One is perfectly fine... Its Microsoft that pisses me off.

@adders99

No company should ever listen to its consumers.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

everything is perfect

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

$299-$350 Kinectless Xbone

$399 Kinect Xbone

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Keep going down the path it is now, getting games and putting them in the public eye. More exclusives and getting Rare back to form (so developing a new Banjo Kazooie or other Rare IP's that are sat doing nothing, I was disappointed when I heard rumours of Perfect Dark getting a new game shown at E3 for example and nothing of it). If they can get more content and keep third party studios happy (which in fairness, they seem to be doing) then I think things will be fine. The have missed opportunities in the past to get more studios (such as Bizzare when they were making Project Gotham Racing, they should have been bought before Acitivsion wrecked them by closing them down after Blur did not sell huge amounts).

But with how E3 went, I feel like they have some new ideas and they are pushing the game side. This is what they need to continue, keep the relevant areas of the console in the relevant sections of the press (there is nothing wrong with the Kinect and having TV features, but have that at Consumer Electronics Show and demonstrations in stores and on big TV shows like Late Show etc). It will cost money short term to get more content, but it will be worth it long term.

craigkelleigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 craigkelleigh
Member since 2005 • 329 Posts

I too think it is going pretty well - the new games coming up are pretty exciting.....I am really happy with my purchase...

I guess the problem they face a bit is that they have a hugely popular console in the 360 and trying to market the Xbox One in conjunction with the 360.....

I have both and it would be nice if they were more of a combined system - to explain - it would be nice that when I'm on my 360 dashboard it shows what games i played on my Xbox One and vice versa - at the moment they seem so separate - I can't listen to voice messages that someone sent me from their 360 when I am on the Xbox One.....

Another thing - and I think this is the one thing that would really help - is if they could get backward capability for 360 games on the Xbox One then I think personally that would be great - I don't think they want to or could possibly even do it - but I would welcome it....

just my thoughts :)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@adders99 said:

I think they are doing a pretty good job as it is... They have listened to the consumers and continue to try and make up for past mistakes.

Yeah I agree. They're doing the right things already.

And to be honest, I'm a little more excited for the games coming on XB1 over PS4 at the moment.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@SolidTy said:

$399 Kinect Xbone

I think $350 is the right price since it has more features than the PS4 and it's only 29% less powerful.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidTy

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

$399 Kinect Xbone

I think $350 is the right price since it has more features than the PS4 and it's only 29% less powerful.

No one is talking PS4 in here but you, but that's a mighty fine random percentage you made up, so there's always that.

final_lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By final_lap
Member since 2006 • 388 Posts

Simple: a system update. I would tell them to release an update that lets players remap controls right from the dashboard and also to make the system compatible with Xbox 360 controllers and PC gamepads.

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

The Xbox One is perfect the way it is, Microsoft is doing a good job.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

I wasn't convinced to buy an X1 first. I bought it a couple of days ago with Titanfall. I couldn't resist and I can't resist Sunset Over Drive and Halo collection. I am also enjoying Forza 5 alot. Also, I am a huge fight games player, so I bought Killer Instinct as well. So, there you go exclusives changed my mind.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

The one thing that really pisses me off about the Xbox One is how developers are no longer required to provide demos for all of their downloadable games. That was one of the things that made me enjoy playing on my Xbox 360 more than my PS3 and Wii, downloading the demos which often were not available for the other consoles for the latest arcade and indie games to see if I find any gems. They took away one of their competitive advantages over the other consoles by changing that policy, so I would start enforcing the mandatory demo policy again.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

More apps, More demos, Backwards compatibility! and more indie games! jesus they're killing me right now with their lack of indies!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#16 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

$399 Kinect Xbone

No one is talking PS4 in here but you, but that's a mighty fine random percentage you made up, so there's always that.

Right? Its no more than 27.5%

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SolidTy

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

$399 Kinect Xbone

Right? Its no more than 27.5%

I didn't want to say anything, but I think that's the money shot...oh yeah!

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Scrap it and start again?

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@hitmanactual said:

Scrap it and start again?

ogawdursofunny

They're definitely on the right track by releasing kinect-less

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#20 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

Maybe a new dashboard.There's not much too the one they got.Of course,it's my opinion.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blueinheaven  Online
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

My suggestion would be throw tons of money at exclusives (and I mean proper big name exclusives not crappy indies with Commodore 64 graphics).

PS4 has won the multi plat war before it even started with superior hardware (or at least the perception thereof and yes folks perception is everything when it comes to people laying out hard cash). Exclusives are where it's at for MS this generation. Like it or not PS4 is considered more powerful whether you consider the difference between 1080p or 900p significant or not so if I was MS I would throw money at a really good single player Fable 4 to complement the multiplayer Fable title, I'd release a Gears of War Trilogy Remastered before GoW 4 comes along, I'd commission another Alan Wake game (that's a system seller right there) basically I'd pull out all the stops to produce games you simply can't get anywhere else. If they do that people on the fence about one system or the other will buy X1 and then won't care about the multi plats they'll accept them in whatever form they come in much like existing X1 owners do.

I'm going to send in a job application to MS. Job title: Chief Know-It-All Numpty. I'll let you all know how I get on.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Spend some money and get more exclusives. Then keep them. Right now it seems like MS spends their money on timed exclusives. Hell the Xbone is already losing some of it's big name launch exclusives.

Angry_Mushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Angry_Mushroom
Member since 2009 • 708 Posts

@coasterguy65 said:

Spend some money and get more exclusives. Then keep them. Right now it seems like MS spends their money on timed exclusives. Hell the Xbone is already losing some of it's big name launch exclusives.

Lost some, gained more. Frankly Sony screwed up big time when they let Insomniac go with Team Microsoft. What used to be a flagship studio for Sony is now going to make (what is hopefully a worthy exclusive) a flagship title for the Xbox One. Sony gained Bungie, but Destiny remains a multi-platform game. Outside of Order 188whatever, the Playstation 4 really offers no compelling reasons to buy it beyond making my Vita it's controller.

At this point MS is doing quite well. Offering a kinect-less version is certainly going to help. I'd go one step further by offering a variety of color options. Throw in a few limited edition consoles for any exclusives that might be coming out. Frankly the entire allure of an exclusive game kinda died out. At this point both Sony and MS could benefit from offering more color options as well as limited editions. In my view, black is the new beige. Boring, pedestrian, and gauche. Offer me some violent red, uranium glow green, trapped in the middle of the ocean blue, and eye searing highlighter yellow. Japan could even get an exclusive Naruto edition in Stealthy Road Cone Orange, and Germany could get a nice golden version to commemorate their victory over Argentina.

It boils down to presentation. Make it shiny and filled with explosions.

tmorri603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tmorri603
Member since 2003 • 407 Posts

I agree with most of the post on here. MS is doing a excellent job with exclusives. Despite that, the PS4 is still outselling the Xbox One even with the Xbox One having the superior exclusives and more of them. The reason for this is they have a perception problem. So many people think that the Xbox One is so inferior that you should not waste you time with it. I think MS has to end this thought by investing in great games that run at 1080p at 60fps and put to rest this "too weak" crap. They did a goo thing by freeing up that power that was just for Kinect to developers. They need to make sure that their 3rd party games are at the same resolution as the PS4 games. Also, I think they need to get some platforms out like a sequel to Conker and proper Banjo & Kazooie game. I know that platforms are not in style but I think if you give Rare a chance and time; they can become the Rare of old.

jesser7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By jesser7
Member since 2011 • 56 Posts

@mesomorphin:

The ability to record videos and take pictures with Kinect & make a photo editing app since they forced me to buy Kinect give me reason to use it.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

The only thing I would have changed with the x1 is that GPU. it's a capable machine but it would have been nice to have that "power house" of a gpu to ensure 1080p 60fps across the board. Saying that, it's not a huge deal for me and I've loved everything done with the system to far. The monthly updates to the OS have been huge to me.

The system takes a lot of heat and yet I use it 1000x more then my ps4.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidTy

Bishop1310 said:

The only thing I would have changed with the x1 is that GPU. it's a capable machine but it would have been nice to have that "power house" of a gpu to ensure 1080p 60fps across the board. Saying that, it's not a huge deal for me and I've loved everything done with the system to far. The monthly updates to the OS have been huge to me.

The system takes a lot of heat and yet I use it 1000x more then my ps4.

I agree it would be nice if the GPU was better.

I don't use it more than my other machines though, but I'm waiting to turn it on for exclusives coming this holiday.

H0M3RC1D4L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 H0M3RC1D4L
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

Make the rechargeable controller standard. Start showing some of the benefits of cloud computing (either from images or performance measures of some sort to show the difference with or without it).

I think they have done a great job with the console otherwise. The rest is up to the game developers and their respective games.

XboXeR-360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 XboXeR-360
Member since 2014 • 53 Posts

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

get rid of DirectX and make it the GLBox. heh. Also better hardware.

tdavis20050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tdavis20050
Member since 2005 • 354 Posts

Family sharing and digital pre-orders/downloads. Better performance for the home screen.

oo_Yungstar_oo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 oo_Yungstar_oo
Member since 2014 • 42 Posts

1/ get the price below that of its leading competitor. so that the difference in multi-plat games is not worth the extra cost of the other system. although probably to late now.

2/ get the OS sorted so that its better than the 360 and not worse as it is now.

killerdoc83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By killerdoc83
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The should

1- be the first the introduce low price Digital Games (39,99$ instead of 59,99)

2- be the first to push a way to sell a Digital Copy of a games (with a redeem code)

3- Give us more family games like Mario Party (Doritos crash course, Kinect sport 1&2, Kinect Adventure & Kinect Party) Give us a reason to have 4 controller !!!!

4- Sign a deal with Oculus Rift before PlayStation release the Morpheus.

5- Screw 1080p 30fps and go for 900p 60fps all the way!!! be a man about it and you'll see more people commit to the XOne

6- Games that use that famous Cloud!!!

Everything else is perfect for me :-)

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

They released a Kinectless sku, removed apps from behind the pay-wall and modeled GwG after PS+ all to make the whiners happy. The X1 already offers the most features and the best online network on consoles; not to mention Phil Spencer preaching nothing but games while lately MS has been completely bending over backwards for gamers. Jeez, what more could you want?

*edit*

Ok If I could change anything it would be that MS focuses more on first party titles instead of buying timed exclusives. I still don't think that they completely understand this.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

Games , games and more games .

I would buy Star wars Kotor from Lucas and make a new kotor game for xbox one .

I would also try to find new developers who have great ideas for new AAA games , help them make their games and of course in return they make it exclusive for X1 . I would also consider buying some of these studios .

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#37  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@slim70 said:

They released a Kinectless sku, removed apps from behind the pay-wall and modeled GwG after PS+ all to make the whiners happy. The X1 already offers the most features and the best online network on consoles; not to mention Phil Spencer preaching nothing but games while lately MS has been completely bending over backwards for gamers. Jeez, what more could you want?

*edit*

Ok If I could change anything it would be that MS focuses more on first party titles instead of buying timed exclusives. I still don't think that they completely understand this.

Yeah, Microsoft needs to produce more first-party games instead of throwing money at timed exclusives. I'd say that's one of their biggest problems.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

No company should ever listen to its consumers.

While I think it is good to take consumer feedback on some issues, I agree for the most part. Most consumers don't even really know what they want, and when they do know, it's usually just not sustainable.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@vl4d_l3nin

Well they will only satisfy them temporarily, I'm sure you've notice they recent emphasis on Graphics lately, now I ask you.... Has anybody ever played a beautifull game through and through completely mesmorized by graphics for the entire 6-10 hour experience ?

Nope, that shit lasts no longer than 5 minutes, its way too expensive too go into any game (developer or player) with this mind set. The good news is they can sustain player involvement with the story too, its been getting better lately..... Which presents a whole other issue entirely.... But one forest fire at a time. :p