Suddenly I can't download ANYTHING from marketplace! Please help.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

I've had xbox live since february this year and have downloaded many things since then but since a few days ago, every download I try either gets perminantly stuck on 'pending' or 0% or 1%. What's going on? Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas about solving it?

(This may be irrelevent but the only change since when it worked and now is a new hard-drive in my computer which is currently having problems installing downloaded programs such as windows live messenger. I dought this has anything to do with the problem as It's not a media center but i thought someone would ask what's changed)(Also I use a 360 wireless network adapter with my sky router which has worked perfectly for months)

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

Check xbox.com or call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and see if they can help you, I have never heard of this problem...

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
mayb u started the DL but closed the xbox, then when u got on the next day or later the DL stays like that sumtime... i think lol or wat u DLing is just really big, or u have no more room lol
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

I've had xbox live since february this year and have downloaded many things since then but since a few days ago, every download I try either gets perminantly stuck on 'pending' or 0% or 1%. What's going on? Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas about solving it?

(This may be irrelevent but the only change since when it worked and now is a new hard-drive in my computer which is currently having problems installing downloaded programs such as windows live messenger. I dought this has anything to do with the problem as It's not a media center but i thought someone would ask what's changed)(Also I use a 360 wireless network adapter with my sky router which has worked perfectly for months)

gamermanps2

Are you waiting at the dashboard while you download? Or are you trying to play a game during it?

Avatar image for seventy5cent832
seventy5cent832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 seventy5cent832
Member since 2007 • 1057 Posts

yes r u in a game becasue it stops when u r and it takes a while 2 start when u quit,

razial65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 razial65
Member since 2002 • 147 Posts
I have a friend that had that same problem last year. It turned out to be his internet connection. You might try calling your provider and have them test your connection for you. There were some cracks in his line running to his house. Not bad enough to compleatly sever his connection but caused all kinds of problems with downloads/corrupted files and such.
gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamermanps2

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I managed to download one small picture pack the other day by taking out the hard drive and putting it back in again. Although this only worked once, it eliminated the chance of it being a blocked modem port or something.

I will investigatemy internet connection as although online gaming is fine, my internet on my computer has been very slow recently.

Also, I have not tried playing a game while the download is in progress, I just watch the download stick at pending or 0/1%. Certain downloads such as army of two demo I can get to 5% by stopping and starting it over and over but eventually they stop themselves and I have to cancel. Then a message appears saying 'can't download this item'.

pizzahut78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pizzahut78
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I have the same problem since few days now, I can't figure out what the problem is. When it occurred i didn't care much because i don't download much anyway, but now there is a new update for xbox 360 and i can't download it at all. It always get stuck at the start of the download and after few minutes it says "can't download....". it is getting really annoying, the only change i did is i installed a network hard drive with a media center server. I think i will try your "Remove xbox hard drive" thing and see what happens.

Please help guys, if you know what is going on.

UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I managed to download one small picture pack the other day by taking out the hard drive and putting it back in again. Although this only worked once, it eliminated the chance of it being a blocked modem port or something.

I will investigatemy internet connection as although online gaming is fine, my internet on my computer has been very slow recently.

Also, I have not tried playing a game while the download is in progress, I just watch the download stick at pending or 0/1%. Certain downloads such as army of two demo I can get to 5% by stopping and starting it over and over but eventually they stop themselves and I have to cancel. Then a message appears saying 'can't download this item'.

gamermanps2

i have the same problem its taken about 3 days to download the new halo maps now and im still not sure there done.

But i know its not the d/l speed cas i downloaded fable 2 months ago and it was done in less then a day

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamermanps2
What makes it extra wierd is that I have been able to download two updates and the optional media update just fine.
Also, the other day I was trying to work it out and wen't to something free to test, the first thing I found was xbox community items which downloaded fine, but just as I was getting excited I tried another non-community item and it failed.
What are xbox community items? If your having problems, try downloading them to see if your problem matches mine.

I'm going to try calling support again as last time they just sent me to there webpage about marketplace which was useless.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mau-Justice

What makes it extra wierd is that I have been able to download two updates and the optional media update just fine.
Also, the other day I was trying to work it out and wen't to something free to test, the first thing I found was xbox community items which downloaded fine, but just as I was getting excited I tried another non-community item and it failed.
What are xbox community items? If your having problems, try downloading them to see if your problem matches mine.

I'm going to try calling support again as last time they just sent me to there webpage about marketplace which was useless.gamermanps2

That's so weird man. It almost sounds like it's a parental control...but I'm sure it's not.

I don't understand how it would let you download updates and some marketplace items...

Can you connect and play on XBL? or is it only a marketplace problem?

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamermanps2

Everything else on xbox live is working fine like online gaming.
It's not parental controls as they are all allowed.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mau-Justice

Everything else on xbox live is working fine like online gaming.
It's not parental controls as they are all allowed.

gamermanps2

My last shot in the dark would be it sounds like a Firewall or some setting like that. But I really have no clue man, you should try MS again. I don't understand how you could connect to XBL but you can't download a marketplace item. That's sounds like it's a fault of MS.

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamermanps2
Also I have noticed a small picture of a padlock next to the name of the downloads I try.
What is this? Does anyone else have this?
gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamermanps2

Since my last post I have found one without a padlock picture but that didnt download either so I guess it's not the problem.
If you know what the padlock is, I'd still like to know.
I can't believe this problem is still ongoing. It's becoming a mystery.
Can you be the saviour. Please post your suggestions.

1blackhearted1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 1blackhearted1
Member since 2005 • 708 Posts
I had this problem once, didn't have enough room. This is something you have to check yourself as xbox doesn't warn you.
RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts

Also I have noticed a small picture of a padlock next to the name of the downloads I try.
What is this? Does anyone else have this?gamermanps2

Yes I have the same situation, when I downloaded the Halo 3 map pack it took FOREVER! like hours to just get 5%,... it took forever to download pics also, one day I just downloaded the packs like at 4:00 AM and the xbox downloaded the packs right, however, Ive tryed to download things again and the I still have the same problem you have...

If someone can help you please keep me informed

RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts
Also Is not your internet conection, (in case you have the same problem I do) I have wireless and cable intenet, Tryed with both, same problem
gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamermanps2
My call with microsoft involved a few little tests which didn't help then he said I should try connecting directly with wires (instead of the wireless adapter). This means a quite big job for me because of the set-up in my house but I'm getting to the point where I'll try anything now so I'll give it a go as soon as I can and see if it makes a difference. The first step to solving the problem will be finding out what's causing it.
gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamermanps2

BIG DEVELOPEMENTS!
Although the problem is not completely solved, I have found the reason for it and improved it.
Instead of moving my XBOX to the computer, I moved the computer to the XBOX because the internet had been very slow lately. It turned out the slow internet was because I was using an extension lead between the socket in the wall and the router. When I moved the computer close to the wall socket, I got rid of the extention lead and the internet speed was much better. I then tried to download from marketplace and due to the lack of the extention lead and maybe the router being a few empty feet awat from the XBOX I was able to download slowly but completely.

So it was the quality of the internet connection that was making it impossible to download and I am happy now just to be able to get past 1%. However the marketplace downloading is extremely slow. On a 100MB game video, it was downloading at 1% every 2 minutes. The strangest thing is that this is longer than a demo used to take with the same connection and router position, before the problem started. I wouldn't mind this that much if it didn't make downloading demos and arcade games (which I want to spend my ms points on) virtually impossible and I hate leaving my XBOX on for ages for fear of meltdown.

I thought I had a good idea. Now that the routers near the XBOX I could by a wireless adapter for the computer as I had always planned to and connect the XBOX directly to the router for improved speed. However when I tested the XBOX straight into the router it downloaded THREE TIMES SLOWER than with the wireless adapter! Wired slower than wireless? It defies logic.

I guess my next move is to call my broadband provider and ask them to improve my PING, I'm not sure what that is but I've heard that it makes online gaming much faster and they can do it easily and for free.

I hope this helps anyone with similar problems. If anyone can answer any of the questions raised in this post it would be very helpful. Questions like: why is it slower than it was before the problem even though the internet connection is better? and how could it be 3x slower wired than wireless? and what can I do to improve download speed?

Thank you for reading this rather long post.

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamermanps2
bump
Guante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Guante
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
My friend has the exact same problem you are describing here. I was on the phone with MS they have no clue how to solve it if you figure it out will you please let me know. thanx.
vecha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 vecha
Member since 2005 • 233 Posts
Im having the same issue now..
vecha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vecha
MS support made me delete and recover my gamertag....doing that now..i'll update this if it works...pain in the ass....
vecha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vecha
well that didn't solve anything...also some file show up as 40kb in my memory before and after they cancel...strange..
theloudestfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 theloudestfire
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts

So, I'm having the exact same problem as well. I tried to download the lost and the damned and my download gets stuck at 66% every-time then it just hangs. I've deleted the incomplete file and re-downloaded it at least 4 or 5 times already. I don't know what else to do. I downloaded the afro samurai and the battlefield updates just fine.

marshalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 marshalt
Member since 2005 • 4747 Posts

I'm having this problem also now aswell. I tried increasing my mtu and that didn't do anything. This problem started when I went to dl the lost and damed and the download would freeze and I would have to restart and delete it over and over and I finally downloaded it after 2 hours

NakedSnakeSS2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 NakedSnakeSS2G
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts

same problem i recently downloaded this new update and i tried to download watchmen arcade trial and stuck at pending..

simple screenshots for games take AGES to show up

RKO510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RKO510
Member since 2005 • 2021 Posts

this happened to me, my downloads stopped for a day when the Skate 2. demo came out, nothing was downloading, i bought something for Burnout Paradise and It took my points but never downloaded, i called up Support and this guy waslike..

"well, you can send your xbox in for repair for $80, yadda yada.

and im like " what the hell? thats not the problem, he was like "we need to check it" , so i was like kiss my ass and hang up and i waited for 5 hours since i hadtrack paractice and everything downloaded.

so just wait it out, thats what i did.

NakedSnakeSS2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 NakedSnakeSS2G
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts

it started downloading 17% XD

thanks for the help anyway ;)

StrikerZ619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 StrikerZ619
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hey man, i got the EXACT same problem as you, can't even download anything it goes to like 1% sometimes 3-4% then it says "can't download" When I try to download small things like picture packs or game patches and stuff it works fine, online works fine too, its just downloading big things like map packs and demos that doesn't work.
IKingsGambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 IKingsGambit
try to re-update you xbox
StrikerZ619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StrikerZ619
try to re-update you xboxIKingsGambit
What do u mean "re-update your xbox" how would I do that?
Scope00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34 Scope00
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts

[QUOTE="IKingsGambit"]try to re-update you xboxStrikerZ619
What do u mean "re-update your xbox" how would I do that?

delete the patch then update it again not that hard i had to do it

GrandmastaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GrandmastaG
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Yeah I just got this same exact problem... The thing is I recently moved from a place where it worked before, and now I just got everything all set up and I can't use the marketplace at all. But I still got a great connection online. Also I'm directly going from the modem so I don't know what's up. I'll have to try and re-update my 360 like one guy said. Anyone still post here and figure this out?

Avatar image for triggerhapypric
triggerhapypric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 triggerhapypric
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i have figured out the problem if ur router or modem is connected to ur computer at anytime u have to remove the mcafe or other anti virus before the download wen u r done with the download u can reinstall it
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

OLD

Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points