Street Fighter IV price

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 0

#1 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts
I really don't think this game is worth $60. There isn't much too it at all. I wish I had just rented it instead of buying. Anyone else think its overpriced?
ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
I really don't think this game is worth $60. There isn't much too it at all. I wish I had just rented it instead of buying. Anyone else think its overpriced?rp108
You have to be kidding. The game is amazing and it has a lot of replay value.
rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#3 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

[QUOTE="rp108"]I really don't think this game is worth $60. There isn't much too it at all. I wish I had just rented it instead of buying. Anyone else think its overpriced?ForsakenWicked

What replay value? There is no single player element to the game. Its a modern arcade game.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

I would've paid more if I had to.

[QUOTE="ForsakenWicked"][QUOTE="rp108"]I really don't think this game is worth $60. There isn't much too it at all. I wish I had just rented it instead of buying. Anyone else think its overpriced?rp108

What replay value? There is no single player element to the game. Its a modern arcade game.

Online. It's a fighting game. Fight people online. Infinite replay value.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
LOL yea I see what your saying. I don't have the game but I feel like fighting games these days aren't worth buying, I just don't want to fight matches that are about the same. I'm fine with playing StreetFighterIIHF on XBLA, I can't wait for Tekken though really excited that's coming to 360. I'm sure people who really like fighting games are loving the purchase though. Well if you are unhappy with your purchase sell it to a friend or someone on craigslist, or to gamestop. I bought this terrible wrestling game for 360 in September, TNA IMPACT. It was so bad I brought it to gamestop the next day and got like $20 maybe even 15. TERRIBLE, sometimes you have to cut your losses, I'm sure you'll get atleast 30 for it at gamestop.
distort10n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 distort10n
Member since 2009 • 59 Posts

I happen to think that many X-BOX games are overpriced, about $10 IMHO. This Christmas is when I got back into console gaming and the last console I played was the PS1 that I bought way back in 1996. So maybe it is the sign of the times, but $59.99 stings a little. $45 to $50 is enough and I dare say this pricing has remained fairly constant over the generations of video game consoles reaching back to the second generation (1982) when I started.

My biggest gripe with SF4:

1) Online play: Finding a player is a pain. In my experience the matches I find I usually get "Unable to play" or the game is filled and it kicks you right back to search. This is poor design. SF4 is not the game on XBL that suffers from this as COD4, L4D, GoW2 suck too. I have been a avid PC gamer for the last 10 years and I am used to the ease of dedicated servers when finding games.

2) Controller: Seriously, what more could be said? The XBOX controller sucks for fighting games, period. I would have expected Capcom to put pressure on Microsoft about updating their controller. MK vs. DCU sucks even worse, but SF4 is not that much farther ahead.

Has anyone used the Mad Catz fight pad? I do not feel like shelling out another $80 for a fight stick.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts
No it's not overpriced.. I paid $90 for the CE and still think it was worth it.
ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts

I would've paid more if I had to.

[QUOTE="rp108"]

[QUOTE="ForsakenWicked"] You have to be kidding. The game is amazing and it has a lot of replay value.GodLovesDead

Online. It's a fighting game. Fight people online. Infinite replay value.

This is correct.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
I don't see how it could be worth $60 if one don't have gold.
Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 374

#10 Uncanny_Doom
Member since 2009 • 314 Posts
I don't see how it could be worth $60 if one don't have gold.Bigboi500
That applies for lots of games on the 360 though. I wouldn't say Halo, Gears of War. Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead, or any other fighting game (with the exception of Virtua Fighter, which has Quest Mode) is worth buying without gold. Street Fighter IV does have a lot more meat in that sandwich than people give it credit for. Achievements and unlockables are very time consuming as well as abundant, and there's always those hundreds of levels in Challenge Mode to do. I thought Street Fighter IV would have an issue lacking depth, but I've barely played the game online so far and already have over 30 hours of play time racked up on it.
gallienb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 gallienb
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts

No it's not overpriced.. I paid $90 for the CE and still think it was worth it.Darkslayer16

It's defaintly not over priced, I bought my CE for around $65 and it was worth every penny(working at Best Buy has it's perks :)). After looking on ebay and amazon $90 isn't to bad either for the CE of this game. I've seen it listed for over $100

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sourcerah
Member since 2003 • 1214 Posts
No it's not overpriced.. I paid $90 for the CE and still think it was worth it.Darkslayer16
$90 for a collectors edition?? Wow, Are you serious?? I thought my soul cailbur IV, Madden 09, and Gears CE were expensive... I mean, what comes with the CE that would make you want to pay $30 extra and still think it's not overpriced... Please let me know if it's worth it as I'm sf videogame collector, but $90 seems a little steep and ridiculous all at the same time
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts
[QUOTE="Darkslayer16"]No it's not overpriced.. I paid $90 for the CE and still think it was worth it.sourcerah
$90 for a collectors edition?? Wow, Are you serious?? I thought my soul cailbur IV, Madden 09, and Gears CE were expensive... I mean, what comes with the CE that would make you want to pay $30 extra and still think it's not overpriced... Please let me know if it's worth it as I'm sf videogame collector, but $90 seems a little steep and ridiculous all at the same time

It comes with.. the game, soundtrack, Street Fighter: The Ties That Bind (65min anime movie), a C Viper figure even tho it's really small and the brawler dlc pack (a few extra costumes)
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
I really don't think this game is worth $60. There isn't much too it at all. I wish I had just rented it instead of buying. Anyone else think its overpriced?rp108
Yes it is the game is really awesome and you should get it.
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
It's actually 20 Euro cheaper here than most other games.
darkkillerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darkkillerr
Member since 2005 • 361 Posts

^

THIS

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts
If there is any game this year that IS worth $60 its SFIV.
sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sourcerah
Member since 2003 • 1214 Posts
thanks Darkslayer... Is the anime movie any good??
ComradeCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ComradeCrash
Member since 2005 • 2519 Posts

:lol:I did the same thing.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
$60 isn't too bad if you're into fighters and you know that you will be playing this for years. I bought the Naruto game for $60 and I always tell people thats its not worth $60 unless you're a Naruto fan. I love it cuz you can fight online and i've already invested like 30+ hours into doing that so for me its worth it. And its not like it tricked me. I bought the original game for $60 and knew what I was getting into for the sequel. SF4 is the same way. If you're not into fighters, $60 is probably too much. I'd say wait until its in the $40s. If you like fighters though, its well worth your $60.