Street Fighter IV... Fighter of the Year?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PhoenixVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 PhoenixVenom
Member since 2008 • 706 Posts

anyone besides me think SF IV will be the fighter of the year? i know its coming out early and there will still be 10 months left in the year for more games but i just think its gunna be legendary imo. since the announcement of it ive been counting down the days til its release

for me this is one of my most anticipated titles in the past 4-5 years. its been a long time coming and i cant wait for its release. it has to get strong consideration. i think tekken 6 will be a close contender but sf will prevail.

Aurey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Aurey
Member since 2004 • 520 Posts
Well, for me it'll be, since I don't like Tekken. But so far I don't know of any other fighting game being announced for this year, let's be honest, though, the other two franchises that could be taken as competitors would be Dead or Alive and Virtua Fighter and none of those franchises have any sequel on the horizon. In short, yeah, SFIV will most likely be the fighting game of 2009.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I haven't played this or Tatsunoko vs Capcom but I always prefer tag-team fighting games versions of fighting games over the solo version. I liked Street Fighter vs X-Men and all of its followups way more than any 1 vs 1 Street Fighter game. I loved Tekken 3, but I think Tekken Tag Tournament is like a million times better by default. The same goes for Dead or Alive. Tagging makes it less serious and more hectic, which I think is alot more fun. If you could add tagging to ANY fighting game, I think it instantly becomes a funner game by default. Because of that, i'd vote for TvC > SF4, even though i'll probably buy SF4 and will likely never get to play TvC since Nintendo keeps doing firmware updates to invalidate stuff that lets you play import games.
LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
i've always been more of a mortal kombat fan, since back in the old arcade days
Aurey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Aurey
Member since 2004 • 520 Posts

Oh, I almost forgot KOF XII, I really expect a lot from that game too. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, well, I doubt we'll see that one this side of the world and I refuse to get a japanese Wii just to play it. That and the fact that the Gamecube controller doen't feel right in fighting games, I don't know about the classic controller.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
deactivated-5f9ba38f308de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
Member since 2005 • 1468 Posts
I've played it and it's alright, not AMAZING but sure it's good. Best fighter? Sure...are there that many top named fighters coming out anyways?
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
Definitely want to try it. I remember playing Mortal Kombats and Street Fighters back in the day. Haven't played a fighter in a long time, except for virtua fighter way back and it was just ok. So I'll see i guess
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
Tekken 6 comes out later this year so I wouldn't give it the best fighter of 2009 award yet.
that_punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 that_punk
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts
yeah more and likely alot of my friends started playing the old street fighters again since they heard about the new street fighter coming out.
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

For me it will be. I don't like Tekken to much.

However I do think the new KOF looks really good. I don't think its coming to consoles any time soon.

Iqen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 Iqen
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts
I never liked Tekken at all. And I found Dead or Alive 4 to be the greatest fighting game on the 360. So unless another Dead or Alive comes out, Street Fighter 4 could easily be the Fighter of 2009.
iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts
I've been a Tekken fan for well over 8-9 years, and I think Tekken 6 will bring the best experience. But second to that Street fighter 4, for sure