Street Fighter 4 Help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dxnets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 dxnets
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts

So guys, I just bought Street Fighter 4 and I've had it for a little over 1 week. I try and practice combos and do training mode and arcade battles, but I can't even beat Very Easy. I don't know how or what I can do to improve at all. I do have Soul Calibur and MK so I know how to play fighting games, just not this one I guessL. I also don't want to spend $80 on an arcade controller for SF4 so any tips or help would be highly appreciated. Also, I apologize if there was another thread like this one poster earlier...

THANKS

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
The only tip to give is practice...Do practice mode or do challenges and try to get skilled with at least one character. A lot of the same techniques carry over from one character to the next.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
[QUOTE="dxnets"]

So guys, I just bought Street Fighter 4 and I've had it for a little over 1 week. I try and practice combos and do training mode and arcade battles, but I can't even beat Very Easy. I don't know how or what I can do to improve at all. I do have Soul Calibur and MK so I know how to play fighting games, just not this one I guessL. I also don't want to spend $80 on an arcade controller for SF4 so any tips or help would be highly appreciated. Also, I apologize if there was another thread like this one poster earlier...

THANKS

I think the game is hard for everyone and I think you should trade it in.
ComradeCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ComradeCrash
Member since 2005 • 2519 Posts
[QUOTE="SSBFan12"][QUOTE="dxnets"]

THANKS

Don't trade it. Its just this game, you need to practice at it before you can stand up against other players.
SicklySunStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SicklySunStorm
Member since 2009 • 2004 Posts

I feel your pain - I too am currently getting used to getting creamed on Medium and above at the moment...(!) ha ha. Mainly by Sagat - god damn, he kicks my backside every time after my 1 round win... :( lol

I'm still plugging away on Training mode though, I'm sure I'll get there. I know this is the 360 forum, but I bought the PS3 version, so I think my d-pad is a little easier to use with the game. I tried my 360 d-pad on Soul Calibur and hated it, so was sure to get SF IV for my PS3 instead.

Like others have said though - keep plugging away in training and you'll improve. The analogue sticks should be just fine if the d-pad is horrible for you...

dxnets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 dxnets
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts

thanks for the tip guys btw im trying to do akumas skill set but i can't seem to grasp how to land a hard punch after doing a focus punch

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14819 Posts
I find this game hard too. I play Alpha 3 and Street Fighter III on 5-6 stars normally and with some characters I can barely beat Street Fighter IV on easiest setting. Seth is just so damn cheap. I beat it on normal with Zanghief, but I had difficultlies beating it on easiest with Dhalism. I suck with Zanghief on the other versions, I had no idea how I managed to do it. It just shows you that there will be a character that will work for you.
Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Endgame_basic
Member since 2002 • 950 Posts
If you want to get good at SF4, forget all about specials, cmobos, etc and play just using kicks and punches for a while. Always try to space yourself so you can jump in and hick kick your oponent on your way down before landing. If you oponent jumps at the same time, hit high kick instantly. When you play better SF4 players it's kind of strange, but the game becomes far more basic. I played a guy playing Guile, I was Ken, we both were very aggressive, it's just we blocked almost everything we through at each other. All 3 rounds ran out of time. Start with the basics, the combos are the VERY last thing you should learn
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
just play some online matches(Theres mostly suckage on live but every once and a while u can find someone good) If you really wanna get good theres always watching matches on youtube
SicklySunStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SicklySunStorm
Member since 2009 • 2004 Posts

hick kick your oponent on your way down before landing. Endgame_basic

off topic, and I know it's supposed to say High Kick, but Hick Kick sounds funny. Sounds like a special move for a new Beverly Hillbillies fighter or something lol

DEATH775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 DEATH775
Member since 2005 • 4216 Posts
Lol
MarioRPGer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#12 MarioRPGer
Member since 2005 • 11345 Posts
[QUOTE="dxnets"]

THANKS

SSBFan12

Its so obvious that this is fanboyism.