STOLEN GAMERTAG/ACCOUNT - help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rabbit_pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 0

#1 rabbit_pie
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts
So this morning i woke up and turned onmy 360, to find that some guy has stolen my account (changed all my details), i rang up MS and they basically said it was my fault and cant do anything! so does this mean ive lost my 52k gamerscore and all my arcade games, or is there some way of transfering my gamerscore and game (even saves) to another account? My gamertag is Deano 1989 for those who dont believe me, the guy even says in his bio that its for sale, dam his soul to hell
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

Accounts don't just get stolen by themselves. The person needs more than just the username, and the only way they get that is by tricking it out of you. If you don't want your account stolen, DONT GIVE OUT YOUR DETAILS.

Ever been contacted by a website offering you free MS points, free xbla games, free gamerpics - all of them are phishing for your account details so they can take it.

rabbit_pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rabbit_pie
yea, friend on xbl gave me a free ms points site, and i was stupid enough to fill in my details (but it was identical to the xbox.com login site)
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
id phone ms back up and report the site and also have another go for them to reset it back to you, they must be some detail on your account which prooves its yours and been hacked. theys no way u can move acheievements or anything from one account to another.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Avenger1324

some friend :(

rabbit_pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rabbit_pie
lol indeed, and the stupid MS guy was like "well the email addy and address are different so it cant be yours" only when i proved it was me by tellin her what my last purchase and download and answering the secuirty questions did she refer me to higher management, but thats going to take until the end of next week to hear back from them, great work MS.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Avenger1324
Knowing what you have bought from Live will help, particularly things that cannot be seen from the xbox.xom website - things like movies, gamerpics, themes etc. Maybe knowing what your current MS points balance was. It will be tough to convince MS to get it back, but good luck :)
vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

lol indeed, and the stupid MS guy was like "well the email addy and address are different so it cant be yours" only when i proved it was me by tellin her what my last purchase and download and answering the secuirty questions did she refer me to higher management, but thats going to take until the end of next week to hear back from them, great work MS.rabbit_pie

Yes if only companies could bail you out of every bad situation, that would at least partly mask your own stupidity for giving out your email and password details.

Call me suspicious but I can't believe someone who had stolen an account would blatantly advertise on their bio that the account is for sale - something which is clearly against MS terms of use. Could this whole thing be an elaborate sales pitch by you to sell your 50k gamerscore account?

Ayessua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ayessua
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

Something like this happened to me before. Not that my account was hacked, but it was corrupted. I called Microsoft and they flat out told me I was lying about what appeared on my screen. Which is very annoying. It seems Microsoft only handles RROD seriously. Or to say, with respect. Because any other problem I've had so far; they're first reaction was: no, you're wrong. That's not how it works. That's not possible etc.

They probably do that for a reason, but it still feels like they doublecross you.

LoserMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LoserMike
Member since 2003 • 4915 Posts

Accounts don't just get stolen by themselves. The person needs more than just the username, and the only way they get that is by tricking it out of you. If you don't want your account stolen, DONT GIVE OUT YOUR DETAILS.

Ever been contacted by a website offering you free MS points, free xbla games, free gamerpics - all of them are phishing for your account details so they can take it.

Avenger1324

Actually it has happened before, just by knowing the person's username. This is why MS customer service changed their policy. Last year people were pre-texting to steal accounts. Which is why it's pretty freakin' hard to prove that your account is your account, they made it too easy before now they made it too hard.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

yea, friend on xbl gave me a free ms points site, and i was stupid enough to fill in my details (but it was identical to the xbox.com login site)rabbit_pie

lol no offence but are you that stupid? I mean why would Microsoft give out MS points for free?! never trust those sites

anyway that sucks that your account got stolen. good luck getting it back

btw, did your "friends" account get stolen? Isnt this just your friend that stole your account?

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts
dude...why did you put your info in that stubid website...you realize now you have to blame yourself right...
iamdanthaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 iamdanthaman
Member since 2008 • 2498 Posts
Easy, quick fix: go back in time and tell yourself not to listen to your stupid friend.