status code 80169d94

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FPSjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 FPSjohn
Member since 2005 • 993 Posts

ok over the past five days i have not been able to get ms points onto my account, i tried redeeming a code and i also tried adding them through credit card.whenever i type in the ms points code it says cant retrieve information at this time please try again later, and it says status code 80169d94. i have researched this on google and many others have this problem. my question is, does anyone know how to fix this?

also i already call xbox and they were no help

mandrew913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 mandrew913
Member since 2007 • 564 Posts

Same exact problem on myne its been goin on for about 2months now its gettin on my nerves and i cant find anything one person did say that if you put in fraud information this would happen and my phone number was 777-777-7777 but i changed it and it still dosnt seem to work.

Xbox wont even help me because the have an "abnormal" amount of people on now

robb1603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 robb1603
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I have exactly the same problem but aftr searching google with the satus code i have found a guy that thinks he has got a soulution. >>Visit his web page or if you can't be bovered ;) then here it is

This dreaded error hit my system recently. Xbox on line support did not shed any light, while a quick google on this code revealed that this problem had become quite common recently. Users complained that Xbox phone support was not effective. Here is the fix. The error indicates that you xbox live purchasing functions have been "locked". To unlock ensure that your personal details, name, address, etc precisely match your credit card deteils in terms of both content and capitalisation. Call xbox phone support and advise you have made this change and ask them to kick the problem to the credit department. Wait 24-48hours and miracle your account works. Happy "xbox live-ing".

Hope this has been useful to you!! I haven't as yet tried it so don't blame me if it doesn't work :)

iamdanthaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 iamdanthaman
Member since 2008 • 2498 Posts
This happened to me, I just went on xbox.com and put it in there.
shamarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 shamarke
Member since 2004 • 587 Posts
it happend for me to i havent played online in 4 months with my account im so pissed on microsoft! 5000 gamerscore for nothing AAAARRGHHH!!!!!
xMaGiiKzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xMaGiiKzx
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
do you have to stay off xbox live for 24-48 hours. Or to you just wait. Like you can still try but it'll say the same thing about the status code then 24-48 hours later it will work? And r there really people like xbox live who dont even help you
enragedraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 enragedraven
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
it means your account has been locked by billing because you did something wrong obviously... and billing department is the only one that can unlock your account for you so you can use cards and redeem codes
Xacrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xacrum
how do i contact the banking ppl??
Xacrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xacrum
sorry billing ppl
XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

Has never happened to me.....

Avatar image for xXShowyCreekXxx
xXShowyCreekXxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xXShowyCreekXxx
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I have tried to correct my stats, (name, address ext.) but nothing helps.. I'm starting to flip out.. do I have to change my stats on my windows live ID too? or just on the xbox? Must the stats be correct to the owner of the credit card or to the player?
pourvoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pourvoir

Has never happened to me.....

XboxGuy1537

Then make sure you put a freakin post up.. numpty.

l337kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 l337kill
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Mine is doing it too... but i have 36623 gamerscore...
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

Die zombie thread! This thread has beenresurrected 3 times. :?

MrCheezuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrCheezuss
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
EVERYONE!!! I fixed this in 2 minutes doing this. what i did was i went to xbox.com and made sure all my info was real and correct. then i went to the xbox, logged of my account and redownloaded it. IT WORKS
MrCheezuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrCheezuss
EVERYONE!!! I fixed this in 2 minutes doing this. what i did was i went to xbox.com and made sure all my info was real and correct. then i went to the xbox, logged of my account and redownloaded it.
MrCheezuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MrCheezuss
EVERYONE!!! I fixed this in 2 minutes doing this. what i did was i went to xbox.com and made sure all my info was real and correct. then i went to the xbox, logged of my account and redownloaded it.
IMKerrusin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 IMKerrusin
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Okay, this is what I did for those that are still having problems.

First of all, I would like to thank you guys for providing a little information on this. Based on the information it took approximately five minutes with the service rep to correct the problem. Anyways, heres what I did:

First, I went on to my x-box 360 and set up my paypal account through there. Once it was set up, I went to my account on the website, and switched my payment option to my paypal account. This leaves my credit card option open for removal. I removed the old credit card information, provided some new information, checked it to make sure it was accurate to the billing on my card, saved it, then switched my payment option back over. After that, I called X-Box, informed them of the steps I did to make sure it was accurate prior to calling them and they unlocked my account for me to purchase and download. This took maybe about 5 minutes of my time.

Basically, what happens is the account is locked as a precaution due to too many entries on a payment option. Mine happened back in august due to attempting to enter my new card information a few times, and my old one expiring. Pretty simple.

I hope this helps out as well.