Splinter Cell Trilogy HD?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts

I have been playing Splinter Cell since it was first released on the PS2 back in early 2003, but this is interesting to me. I have only just heard about this, but if anybody knows, I have a question. Will this be treated as a full on Xbox 360 game (well, games :P) with achievements and whatnot? that would be awesome :). If it is just an HD release with nothing new then I may pass... well, until I find it very cheap, anyway.

EzekyleAbadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 EzekyleAbadon
Member since 2010 • 1391 Posts
I think that it is PS3 exclusive, seeing that all three games can fit in a blu-ray disk
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ashley_wwe
Oh, I didn't know any of that information... that's a shame :(.
EzekyleAbadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EzekyleAbadon
Yeah, the first three were easily the best
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ashley_wwe
Oh, I thought that they were all great, personally :). If I really had to pick out two, I'd probably go with Pandora Tomorrow and Conviction to be fair. I like Conviction because of the awesome multiplayer modes (and offline). I just find it fun to go through the levels time and time again trying to do it perfectly, etc. Then again, the first SC was awesome... and Chaos Theory. Heh, such a great series :P. I wasn't too much as a fan of DA though, to be honest... it seemed a little weird. I will play it again soon though (I never completed it).
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#6 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

That would be awesome if there were achievements.

XCNormX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 XCNormX
Member since 2010 • 466 Posts

Yeah I heard about this last week from a friend of mine whose a huge Splinter Cell fan and I was kind of excited beings that I loved the first 3, but I didn't hear that they were just a ps3 exclusive...that's dissappointing.

But I was also wandering whether or not they would have achievements and such, but guess it doesn't matter now ha.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
I think that it is PS3 exclusive, seeing that all three games can fit in a blu-ray diskEzekyleAbadon
Actually there has been evidense that this and the Prince fo Persia collection may both very well be coming to the xbox. Gamespot even had an article up about it a week or so ago.
EzekyleAbadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EzekyleAbadon
[QUOTE="EzekyleAbadon"]I think that it is PS3 exclusive, seeing that all three games can fit in a blu-ray diskMrSelf-Destruct
Actually there has been evidense that this and the Prince fo Persia collection may both very well be coming to the xbox. Gamespot even had an article up about it a week or so ago.

Really? I would be extremely glad to be wrong :)
Sligs02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sligs02
Member since 2010 • 231 Posts

I wish they would set up the old multiplayer as well. Spy vs Merc in Chaos Theory is still my favorite multiplayer mode to this day. Unfortunately I can no longer play it :(

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ashley_wwe
Really? I am liking these rumours, guys :D.

I wish they would set up the old multiplayer as well. Spy vs Merc in Chaos Theory is still my favorite multiplayer mode to this day. Unfortunately I can no longer play it :(

Sligs02
Wasn't Spy vs. Merc in Double Agent? if it was, I wasn't too much a fan of it, personally :P. I would totally pre-order what would be a FANTASTIC collection in one box if it had achievements and were treated as such a 360 game! :D.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Yeesh, Ubisoft found a way to make me buy the Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia trilogies a third time (PC+XBOX+PS3)
Sligs02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sligs02
Member since 2010 • 231 Posts

Really? I am liking these rumours, guys :D. [QUOTE="Sligs02"]

Ashley_wwe

Wasn't Spy vs. Merc in Double Agent? if it was, I wasn't too much a fan of it, personally :P. I would totally pre-order what would be a FANTASTIC collection in one box if it had achievements and were treated as such a 360 game! :D.

It was but it was very different from the SvM in Pandora Tommorow and Chaos Theory. I didn't like it either.

robb_ozzy85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 robb_ozzy85
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts

I liked Conviction the most because of all the online coop and stuff. Actually I just started playing the game again.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Yes, I know this is the wrong forum, but I'm going to ask this here anyway, considering the topic under discussion: does anyone here know what precisely Splinter Cell 3D on 3DS is going to be? Is it a rehash of SC1? Chaos Theory(which had a DS release)? A "Sam Fisher's greatest hits"? Or a new game entirely?
Slipstream720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Slipstream720
Member since 2008 • 287 Posts

I was never really a fan of multiplayer in any of the Splinter Cell games except for Co-Op. If they remade the first 3 games for 360 I would spit bricks.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

Yep PS3 exclusive and I believe there is Trophy support. Good thing I have a PS3 too, I LOVE splinter cell.

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
ya really stupid! 360 deserves some old school PoP and SC love, even if on multiple discs id gladly play $50 instead of normal $40 to be able to have Xbox live, and Achievements
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

it would be cool for it to release on the 360, but i guess im just going to be getting it for the ps3 when it comes out. The only problem is i hope they just dont put ports of the original ps2 splinter cell games for the ps3 collection, because those ps2 games were pretty bad comparing to the xbox ones. Everything was so scaled down, by that i mean the levels were so small comparing to the xbox version and the graphics,lighting,etc. just didnt match up to the xbox versions.

gem98088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gem98088
Member since 2011 • 542 Posts
whats the mp like on convivtion? what type of mp game modes does it have?