Soul Calibur iv: Best. Fighter. Ever.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nemesi609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 nemesi609
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts
this game blew me away, i usually hate fighters, except the dbz series, but this game is just plain fun, especially the customization. but is there way more female equipment or is it just me? is anyone else up to floor 50 of tower of lost souls or is it just me?
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
i know thats your opinion but i disagree. im very disappointed with the game. all of the options that made soul caliber great have all been scaled down and taken away. and dont get me started on the apprentice and yoda who made teh game completely uneven and cheap. its a good game but its not great. i miss the team vs battle system this game had.
MrClean44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrClean44
Member since 2006 • 188 Posts
This is def good but not great. I will say it is the best Fighter i have played in a long time, but there are just to many lil problems in it mainly wheres the efin team battle!? The online just seems a lil rushed and adds nothing new to the game. Dont get meh its fun, but lacking somthing.
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#5 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
i consider SC4 a great game....im loving every minute.
nemesi609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nemesi609

ITS SUCH A GUD GAME RIVALLING TEKKEN

"PS3 RULES!!!!!!!!!!"

twedrossnake

ok..... stfu quit spamming

beex215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 beex215
Member since 2006 • 1198 Posts
barley and good combos.combos avg only 3 hits max.game isnt great at all.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

I love it, but the PS3 version, because Yoda is not abused there :D

But going back to the game per se, and not the guest characters, I love it. I miss Tales of the Sword, but the rest is imo so captivating that it doesnt matter anymore. I dont play much online (though Im trying to get the lvl 20 honor) because since I live in Argentina, both versions have a 1 sec lag which is killing me most of the time, since I cant actually time my attacks. But the offline versus is more than enough to keep me satisfied with my pals. I just hope that they add Tag battles soon, cause the controllers show on the chose side screen but you can move 2 to one side which is lame (why have it show if you cant use it?).

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#9 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

barley and good combos.combos avg only 3 hits max.game isnt great at all.beex215

so, because it doesn't have higher hit combos than 3 (which you're incorrect, but anyway) makes the game not great?...

kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kenshinhimura16

[QUOTE="beex215"]barley and good combos.combos avg only 3 hits max.game isnt great at all.chex81

so, because it doesn't have higher hit combos than 3 (which you're incorrect, but anyway) makes the game not great?...

His post was clearly that of a noob. SC IV has a lot of 6+ combos, Zasalamel can toy with you with 10+ combos, Maxi, well lets keep him out of here. Algol also has lots of 5+ combos and almost every character does, but they require timing, and practice.

Freei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Freei
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Yea its a pretty good game
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts

I beat ascending the tower and it was HARD :cry:

anyways, I think SC IV is one of the best games this year. I'm just disappointed that Namco didn't have more Arcade mode options and that they left out some classic modes such as Survival and Team Battle (which would have REALLY been nice since they have a tag team system now).

I still think Soul Calibur 2 is the best in the series, but you can't go wrong with online play in IV and the largest roster in the series so far

kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kenshinhimura16

anyways, I think SC IV is one of the best games this year. I'm just disappointed that Namco didn't have more Arcade mode options and that they left out some classic modes such as Survival and Team Battle (which would have REALLY been nice since they have a tag team system now).

I still think Soul Calibur 2 is the best in the series, but you can't go wrong with online play in IV and the largest roster in the series so far

bulletsword

Survival is still in the game, but Tag was the thing I longed the most :( If we are lucky, an update may include it. Ascending the Tower was really hard, Im still in floor 50 though, taking a break from cursing to the screen :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
[QUOTE="bulletsword"]

kenshinhimura16

Survival is still in the game, but Tag was the thing I longed the most :( If we are lucky, an update may include it. Ascending the Tower was really hard, Im still in floor 50 though, taking a break from cursing to the screen :P

Well, Survival is kind of in when it comes to descending the tower, but I like old-school survival mode better. I'd also like to be able to adjust the difficulty for Arcade mode. I don't like it when the first few fights are always easy, then the second half blows your brains out (*cough*cough* Apprentice).

And you think floor 50 is bad? Floor 58 will give you tons of trouble and floor 60 is just beyond me. :P it took me two hours straight to get past it

kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kenshinhimura16
[QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"][QUOTE="bulletsword"]

bulletsword

Well, Survival is kind of in when it comes to descending the tower, but I like old-school survival mode better. I'd also like to be able to adjust the difficulty for Arcade mode. I don't like it when the first few fights are always easy, then the second half blows your brains out (*cough*cough* Apprentice).

And you think floor 50 is bad? Floor 58 will give you tons of trouble and floor 60 is just beyond me. :P it took me two hours straight to get past it

I hope nobody is close to me then, my curses will scare the sh/** out of them :D

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i never picked up this game...doesn't look that good
Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts
its great but certintley not best ever...online ur oppent jusst keeps hitting u while ur down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

its great but certintley not best ever...online ur oppent jusst keeps hitting u while ur downCrazyGamer02149

that's what sucks about the online play, but once you get the hang of the game, it's easy to avoid and come back at them.

at least, in my experience

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
I'm still going with the Virtua Fighter series as the best fighters ever. It might not have weapons, but it has some of the best fighting mechanics of any fighting game period.
tdawgg30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 tdawgg30
Member since 2003 • 265 Posts
Despite a few haters, Soul Calibur IV is truly one of the best in the Soul series. With much better play control, smooth as silk graphics (Ivy's big bouncy [CENSORED!]), a kickin' soundtrack (downloadable album for sale on Xbox Live), and with over 2 million copies sold, you simply cannot go wrong with this game. This is a must own for all hardcore street fightin' fanatics.
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

i know this is your opinion and i respect that. but i am sure that anyone who has played the Tekken series can say that Tekken is one or is the best fighting games ever made.

just saying...

InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts

Street Fighter 2 is the best fighter EVER!!! Also DOA kills Soul Cal anyday.

contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
Its a really great game but its lacking in the modes. Its one of the best fighters out there and its one of the few games out their that uses weapons and weapon styles instead of the traditional exchange of fisticuffs thus making it unique as well.
Keymaster92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 Keymaster92
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts
i loved Soul Calibur 4 but there was onl one thing that disapointed me, a 5 stage story mode.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts
I remember enjoying 2 much more than I am 4 atm. Still a good game though.
stringer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stringer4
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

I like it alot, but the seccond was better. You should pick it up for 10 bucks if you like this.

Tower of souls is just a stupid move by the developers. Its just not fun to play 1 v 9

Avatar image for N3m3sis0V3RL0RD
N3m3sis0V3RL0RD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 N3m3sis0V3RL0RD
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
i actually enjoyed the game. i made my own character, which i thought was sweet. and i think the character i made may be over powered. lol. the only problem i had with the game was that since i only have the Xbox 360, the only star wars character i could play is Yoda. The Apprentice is cool and all, but Darth Vader is the best.
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
i just think theres alot thats missing in this game. i mean i think Dead or alive was better to honest. they should have had alot more options for fighting and even though theres a great number of fighters to select from, but some of the fighters they have like Maxi seemed toned down compared to earlier iterations of the series. not to mention theres is a big lack of game options that are missing. why not a team battle mode? did the online make that impossible to implement because if so i would have taken out online play for that matter. i dont know, i also feel like the jedi make the completely uneven save vader. like is it more or does the apprentice make you completely angry becayuse the jerk doesnt have to be near you to kill you? also you can grab yoda? get serious!
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
somebody hasnt played tekken 5 or 6 which i consider to be better than sc4
nemesi609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nemesi609
but does tekken and doa have character creation? thats what drew me, i personally only play rpgs and fps's and i liked soul calibur for the rpg aspect of character creation(although the girls have so much more equpment.....) but i am on floor 50 and its kickin my @$$ i get to the last stage and get owned, and the balduin guy keeps slaughtering me. i heard that the last floor is easy because all you have to do is let him knock you down and then just sit there, he eventually launches himself off the cliff (OWNED) but does anyone have any ideas how to beat floor 50? basically i have been spamming some moves with yao seng but this floor(among others) just destoryes all of my strategies, i even get owned as cervantes(his teleport attack owns) but i dont like online that much, some people are just too good at fighting games
X0NeArX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 X0NeArX0
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I like Soul Calibur IV for it's character design and creation, some of the characters are really awesome like for example Kilik. In Soul Calibur IV is pretty cool that you can make your own character. I also like Tekken the characters are also awesome!!!
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
yes SC is the flagship of fighters
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Anybody saying Yoda is abused on 360 is just a bad player. No good player uses Yoda, he sucks...he's slow, and he has to jump so just use any fast player Taki/Talim etc...and stick to horizontal combos to break his up. Yoda has 0% chance against Taki.

This game is amazing. The online haters, aren't too bright. The online is just their for fun, it's not meant to be competitive. Playing online religiously will just hurt your overall skill. With lag it's hard to GI, and some easily avoidable attacks become impossible to dodge.

The rest of the game is awesome. Just have fun with the online, don't take it too seriously. I think it deserved better with the review scores. All this is coming from a long time Soul Edge player, and huge Dreamcast fan(Nothing tops the first SC).