So is the Halo MP fixed yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

Im holding off on buying this game until the online is fixed. If its not perfect is it atleast playable yet after all those patches?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Nope. Match making still takes way too long.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Kindof.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

There is already a thread on this exact topic:

One day old Thread: Have they fixed MCC yet?

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/xbox-discussion-1000003/have-they-fixed-mcc-yet-why-did-it-force-me-to-upd-31698009/#6

We don't need a new thread EVERY Day asking the same exact questions. In this case, if MCC is working or not. It's spams up the place. Imagine if all the users were asking the same question and creating new threads to ask the same question. It bumps all the other topics down and off the main page and you lose vital links and information in one of those cloned threads, which is why it's not allowed. You might not have realized it, but your actions in creating a duplicate topic were not very considerate. I know you are new and just joined Gamespot.com (a few weeks ago on November 6, 2014 with 78 posts), but this there is Universal forum etiquette you need to know.

Before making a thread, take a peak and make sure someone else didn't already make the same topic. If they did, just post in that topic which bumps the thread and we all can sound off in there.

BTW: They released ONE PATCH, not multiple as you stated in the OP. More patches are incoming though.

Since you asked the same question in this thread already asked, I suppose I should just post the same answers:

---

The latest news: It seems players are able to get a refund for the broken digital version of the game: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/halo-master-chief-collection-owners-getting-refunds-due-to-enduring-matchmaking-problems/#

"Halo: Master Chief Collection owners getting refunds due to enduring matchmaking problems"

---

According to users across the site and many other websites, not it's not fixed yet.

soulitane said:

Since the update I've managed to get a whopping 2 games, both of which have been some of the laggiest games I've ever played online.

brimmul777 reports after the update that his SP isn't saving and his MP isn't working. He's close to giving up on SP and MP and is upset he bought MCC.

Of course, anyone who bothered to read the list of fixes VS. the list of problems knew the first patch wasn't going to fix everything. I believe I read that 343 said more patches are coming.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MikeHockbourns

@SolidTy said:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/xbox-discussion-1000003/have-they-fixed-mcc-yet-why-did-it-force-me-to-upd-31698009/#6

We don't need a new thread EVERY Day asking the same exact questions. In this case, if MCC is working or not. It's spams up the place. Imagine if all the users were asking the same question and creating new threads to ask the same question. It bumps all the other topics down and off the main page and you lose vital links and information in one of those cloned threads, which is why it's not allowed. You might not have realized it, but your actions in creating a duplicate topic were not very considerate. I know you are new and just joined Gamespot.com (a few weeks ago on November 6, 2014 with 78 posts), but this there is Universal forum etiquette you need to know.

Before making a thread, take a peak and make sure someone else didn't already make the same topic. If they did, just post in that topic which bumps the thread and we all can sound off in there.

BTW: They released ONE PATCH, not multiple as you stated in the OP. More patches are incoming though.

Since you asked the same question in this thread already asked, I suppose I should just post the same answers:

---

The latest news: It seems players are able to get a refund for the broken digital version of the game: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/halo-master-chief-collection-owners-getting-refunds-due-to-enduring-matchmaking-problems/#

"Halo: Master Chief Collection owners getting refunds due to enduring matchmaking problems"

---

According to users across the site and many other websites, not it's not fixed yet.

soulitane said:

Since the update I've managed to get a whopping 2 games, both of which have been some of the laggiest games I've ever played online.

brimmul777 reports after the update that his SP isn't saving and his MP isn't working. He's close to giving up on SP and MP and is upset he bought MCC.

Of course, anyone who bothered to read the list of fixes VS. the list of problems knew the first patch wasn't going to fix everything. I believe I read that 343 said more patches are coming.

I don't care. I want to buy this game and will continue to ask every day to get the most recent update.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Soon My Child... Very soon.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@mikehockbourns said:

@SolidTy said:

---

---

soulitane said:

I don't care. I want to buy this game and will continue to ask every day to get the most recent update.

Yes, you can ask everyday...in the same thread instead of polluting the boards with multiple dupe topics which isn't allowed.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

Some could be fanboys making stuff up.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I've seen a big improvement since the last patch, I'm able to get into games much quicker now, but there are still some issues. I sometimes get an error message about being unable to connect to host when I try searching for a game, when that happens I just back out and try again, happened to me twice in a row yesterday, but only in a span of like 2 min, I was then able to play around a dozen or so matches rather easily after that(Team Slayer, did not try any other gametype yesterday night).

It's good enough for me for now until they iron out the remainder of the glitches, but I see users on the 343 site still reporting that they cannot get online as quickly, so it doesn't seem to have been fixed for everyone. If you just want to play online with randoms, perhaps you should wait a bit more....matchmaking is good enough for me for now, but it's hard for me to recommend it to someone who just wants to play online, because it still has some issues for some people it seems. It's so much fun when you get into a match though, it's absolute gaming bliss being able to play Halo 1 online, I didn't think I'd enjoy it that much lol.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MikeHockbourns

@Alucard_Prime said:

I've seen a big improvement since the last patch, I'm able to get into games much quicker now, but there are still some issues. I sometimes get an error message about being unable to connect to host when I try searching for a game, when that happens I just back out and try again, happened to me twice in a row yesterday, but only in a span of like 2 min, I was then able to play around a dozen or so matches rather easily after that(Team Slayer, did not try any other gametype yesterday night).

It's good enough for me for now until they iron out the remainder of the glitches, but I see users on the 343 site still reporting that they cannot get online as quickly, so it doesn't seem to have been fixed for everyone. If you just want to play online with randoms, perhaps you should wait a bit more....matchmaking is good enough for me for now, but it's hard for me to recommend it to someone who just wants to play online, because it still has some issues for some people it seems. It's so much fun when you get into a match though, it's absolute gaming bliss being able to play Halo 1 online, I didn't think I'd enjoy it that much lol.

hmm, ok I guess thats good enough for me to go out and buy the game. Because as far as shooters go its between this and cod, and i REALLYYY don't want to buy cod. It looks so annoying, I can just imagine the BS deaths awaiting for me with those fucking jet packs and shit.

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts

Takes Me like 5 mins sometimes to find a game