So. I'm getting a 360 pro for X-mas. I need an idea on what game to buy with it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jouto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jouto
Member since 2006 • 748 Posts
I could have gotten two games, and a core system (insert laugh here) but hell no. I'm getting pro. Anywho, i'm stuck between fallout 3, GTA 4, or left 4 dead. I want a good online game, but also good single player. and fun. blah blah blah you know the stuff. Any suggestions?
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
get fall out 3 and left 4 dead.
Blacklight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 Blacklight2
Member since 2007 • 1212 Posts
get fall out 3 and left 4 dead. iam2green
he said he can only get one and fallout 3 has no multi player so i guess that is out of the question so i guess Left 4 dead is the way to go since it has both but the single player kind of sucks.
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts
Left 4 Dead or Call of Duty 4/5 are your best bet for online games, please stay away from Gears of War 2 for a multiplayer game, it has so many problems with it at the momement. The single-player for it is amazing but the multiplayer is just frustrating at best.
smack_masta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 smack_masta
Member since 2006 • 2748 Posts
Fallout 3 is SP, L4D is mainly MP so.... GTA4 since it has both.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
I would go with Fallout 3, you get the most bang for your buck, even without multiplayer.
minx1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 minx1988
Member since 2007 • 187 Posts

fallout3

gears2

call of duty 4 not WAW

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
I could have gotten two games, and a core system (insert laugh here) but hell no. I'm getting pro. Anywho, i'm stuck between fallout 3, GTA 4, or left 4 dead. I want a good online game, but also good single player. and fun. blah blah blah you know the stuff. Any suggestions?jouto
Get Fallout 3 that game is so awesome so get it.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#9 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Left 4 Dead. it has great co-op :D
0_demo_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 0_demo_0
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts
Well out of the three you have there I would get GTA4...long single player, lots of side quests, and I heard the Multiplayer was pretty fun also. Fallout 3 probably has a longer single player but no multi and L4D has a short single player, only 4 maps that probably last an hour each, but on the plus side the multiplayer is really fun and is suppose to different everytime you play it.
pyro9kira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 pyro9kira
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts
e get ether gears 2 halo 3 fallout 3 or left4dead.
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
Get GTA IV, it has superb SP and the MP is very addicting.
haadurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 haadurin
Member since 2005 • 442 Posts
I could have gotten two games, and a core system (insert laugh here) but hell no. I'm getting pro. Anywho, i'm stuck between fallout 3, GTA 4, or left 4 dead. I want a good online game, but also good single player. and fun. blah blah blah you know the stuff. Any suggestions?jouto
I'm not saying it's MY personal pick, but for what you've described (good long singleplayer, fun multiplayer) I would purchase Grand Theft Auto IV. Left 4 Dead is not a particularly good single player game, as the AI is simply not as fun as having human pals on second slot. Games like Fable 2 and Fallout 3 are the best singleplayer games of the year, while Left 4 Dead is the best multiplayer game of the year. I would suggest GTA IV, as it walks your requested middle ground.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35
deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts
Get GTAIV. You wanted single player and multiplayer right? Not to mention you could probably get GTAIV used for around $30 you maybe able to pick up oe of the others you wanted for about the same price. You could wind up with 2 used for about the same price of one new(give or take about $10)
Ugotownedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ugotownedo
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts

Fallout 3 = Great single player

Left 4 Dead = Good single player, but multiplayer is a blast

GTA 4 = Great single player, and decent multiplayer as well. I'd go for this, as it has best of both worlds.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#16 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

YOU MISSED A DEAL IN THE FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER ON THE ARCADE ONLY AT WALMART THEY had the 360 arcade w/guitar hero 3 legends of rock sonic tennis and the 5 free games plus a memory card wireless controller and etc, for 199.99

but any how,

good games ill sort by genre

fps

gears 1/2

rainbowsix vegas 1/2

halo 3

racing

project gotham 4

forza 2

grid- toca race driver sequal

dirt-colin mcea series

platformer

banjo -xbla

banjo kazooie n/b

spyro

action

quantum of solace 007-third and first person action shooter

strangle hold

survivor horror

silent hill home coming

condmened 1 ./2

dead rising

left 4 dead

other good titles

call of duty 2 3 4 5

tony hawk pro skater if you like that type of game

gta iv

sains row 1/2

test drive unlimite-a sand box racing game technically, i enjoyed it, massivelly online multiplayer automatically when sign in to gold

perfect dark zero is ok

theres just a lot id recommend downloading the available demos to see what you like ,because every game here has got good reviews

tippy_nyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tippy_nyc
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

gears of war 2 (just insane)

grand theft auto IV (new episode availabe in feb.)

nba 2k9 greatest b-ball game after patch

for my sleeper game which should be around 20 buck splinter cell double agent dis is my metal gear solid for xbox

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
fallout 3
CoW_201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 CoW_201
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts
Fable 2
tippy_nyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tippy_nyc
i would get fallout 3 for the cpu it has no multi player.......dat most used multi for 360 is call of duty , gear of wars 1& 2, halo 3
StevenHawking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 StevenHawking
Member since 2004 • 1584 Posts
Fallout 3 is SP, L4D is mainly MP so.... GTA4 since it has both.smack_masta
But the multiplayer is fairly bad in GTA4, that's the only lame thing. You could really just get L4D for multiplayer and put a few dollars into the arcade and get a good arcade game or something.... Maybe like... rez?
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#22 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

well to be truthful i wouldn't get those games as u can only get one game you want a game that will hold you over untill birthdayor so.

i would really get halo 3 u can buy it used and get it for like 30 buck then get other game for 30 bucks.halo 3 decent sigle player one play through by your self then as co-op online u go through it few times

gta 4 wasnt like the old gta's it got boring i played it's missions once unlike SA VC and gta 3 i played dosen times it lost that thrill to me aleast and the online is ok but not fun lasted me a week and i was so tired of it sold it month after it came out

left 4 dead big no no if its the only game you can get as it only has 5 maps and the maps are used on signle player and online so i promise it wont hold u over for a month maby 2-3 weeks tops and u be sick of it

fallout 3 get this if u really like rpgs/ gaint open worlds/ guns and some serious gaming hours by your self there no online but i'am sure its great game havnt played it yet but if its

but one of the greatest rpg dev's made it so only one game i would really get something that would hold you over for while and that be halo 3 sure u can pick it up used around 30 then pick up oblivion GOTY one for around 30 also at a gamestop or something like that around you. u put in 100 hours into oblivion easy i puted in 160 when i got to 200 quest. and i been playing halo since it came out. (i'am sirprised i'am not bored with halo since i been playing halo 1 when it came out lol)

Avatar image for Msk1191ASSASSIN
Msk1191ASSASSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Msk1191ASSASSIN
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
alright, i think you should consider the options. Left 4 Dead is addictively fun, though single player is pretty much a wash, not as fun as multiplayer. Fallout 3 is a great game, and the single player will have you playing for hours on end. On the bad side, it has no multiplayer.And now Gta . it has a very good single player campaign, as well as multiplaer modes that are more than decent. And to top it all off, it is getting 2 new DLC this year, starting with Lost and Damned expansion pack in february
jouto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jouto
Blah. i like the ideas. But i meant those were "ideas" not exactly what i was choosing. but yea. i need a game that has online. or SOMETHING that will hold me over for a while. hmm. so far fallout three is winning. any other ideas? thanks so far people
Mikedogg05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mikedogg05
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts
l4d is the best choice out of those. but did you consider GOW2 or COD:WAW?
vp22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vp22
Member since 2008 • 1443 Posts
l4d, gta4, gears 2 or cod: waw
m3ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 m3ss
Member since 2004 • 1163 Posts
I'd say first and foremost get Fallout 3. The game may lack a multiplayer component but it is a flat out amazing gaming experience that is not to be missed. After that, I'd say get Left 4 Dead just for the multiplayer component, and then probably Dead Space, another great single player game. The Simpsons Game is also on sale most places for about $10 now, which imo is a pretty good deal, especially if you're a Simpsons fan.
Sinzer02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sinzer02
I must disagree with left 4 dead, its a excellent game, but rent it before all, its a very short game, I'd go for Army of TWO, Need for speed undercover and Soul Calibur 4
bunnyman14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bunnyman14
Member since 2005 • 605 Posts
I'd say get Far Cry 2 or the Orange Box...or both. The Orange Box is $20 and Far Cry 2 is $40. Also both of them offer long single player and multiplayer. Don't get GTA IV, that game is boooring. The plot is poorly intertwined with the missions, you pretty much get a part of the story every five fetch missions. I'd definitely get The Orange Box..."5" games in one disc including Portal! The multiplayer is also riot, how many times do you get to kill an opponent with a shovel? I got this as my first game last year and it held me for a long while. Far Cry 2 has an expansive single player that is truly a sandbox FPS, unlike Crysis and Halo. The multiplayer is comparable to COD's class based system.
jouto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jouto
I'd say get Far Cry 2 or the Orange Box...or both. The Orange Box is $20 and Far Cry 2 is $40. Also both of them offer long single player and multiplayer. Don't get GTA IV, that game is boooring. The plot is poorly intertwined with the missions, you pretty much get a part of the story every five fetch missions. I'd definitely get The Orange Box..."5" games in one disc including Portal! The multiplayer is also riot, how many times do you get to kill an opponent with a shovel? I got this as my first game last year and it held me for a long while. Far Cry 2 has an expansive single player that is truly a sandbox FPS, unlike Crysis and Halo. The multiplayer is comparable to COD's class based system.bunnyman14
I'm really liking your ideas. Tho isn't team fortress the only online game in the orange box? also, its only 20$? i wasn't aware.
ffcecil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ffcecil
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts

even though you said you want a game with online, fallout 3 will definitely give you the most play time. gears 2 has a very intense campaign especially for a shooter, and the new update improved the multi. if you dont have a full five players, you will still have to wait 3-5 minutes to find players, but the update did decrease the lag significantly. in the 20 or so matches i played today, i experienced no lag in any. but deciding between the two is beyond me. it all comes down to whether you prefer a straightforward shooter or a hybrid of the two.

ffcecil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ffcecil
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts

[QUOTE="bunnyman14"]I'd say get Far Cry 2 or the Orange Box...or both. The Orange Box is $20 and Far Cry 2 is $40. Also both of them offer long single player and multiplayer. Don't get GTA IV, that game is boooring. The plot is poorly intertwined with the missions, you pretty much get a part of the story every five fetch missions. I'd definitely get The Orange Box..."5" games in one disc including Portal! The multiplayer is also riot, how many times do you get to kill an opponent with a shovel? I got this as my first game last year and it held me for a long while. Far Cry 2 has an expansive single player that is truly a sandbox FPS, unlike Crysis and Halo. The multiplayer is comparable to COD's class based system.jouto
I'm really liking your ideas. Tho isn't team fortress the only online game in the orange box? also, its only 20$? i wasn't aware.

sorry for the double post, but yeah new price cut. its a great deal. add orange box to my list of suggestions

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

[QUOTE="bunnyman14"]I'd say get Far Cry 2 or the Orange Box...or both. The Orange Box is $20 and Far Cry 2 is $40. Also both of them offer long single player and multiplayer. Don't get GTA IV, that game is boooring. The plot is poorly intertwined with the missions, you pretty much get a part of the story every five fetch missions. I'd definitely get The Orange Box..."5" games in one disc including Portal! The multiplayer is also riot, how many times do you get to kill an opponent with a shovel? I got this as my first game last year and it held me for a long while. Far Cry 2 has an expansive single player that is truly a sandbox FPS, unlike Crysis and Halo. The multiplayer is comparable to COD's class based system.jouto

Yes it's the only online portion but i've played it for 240 hours. Still loads of fun to play.

choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
I will laugh so hard if you end up not getting one :P Anyways, check out my sticky at the top of the page. It'll help you make your decision
ownzone55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ownzone55
Member since 2007 • 557 Posts

The most popular games for online right now is l4d, cod waw and gow 2. These games should have plenty of replay value to it.

As for sp fallout i heard is great but ive never played it. Fable 2 is rly fun and oblivion.

Yeley718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 Yeley718
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts
call 4/5 or gears of war 2, bad companys multiplayer is really good, and far cry 2 has a solid multiplayer not to mention a long campaign (i know you think you would not care for singleplayer, but its really fun) i have not played L4D but i hear its great, i will probally get it..
Avatar image for omgwtflolbbq666
omgwtflolbbq666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 omgwtflolbbq666
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts
Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead and The Orange Box are what I recommend.