So IGN voted Assassins Creed 2 as xbox 360 game of the year!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 sivasiva
Member since 2007 • 1101 Posts

Wad are ur thoughts on it? And what do ya think gamespot will vote for X360 game of the year? I have a feeling it is Modern Warfare 2.

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
I agree. Modern Warfare 2 is great, but ACII, despite my having finished in in the span of about three days, was just too good. Not only that, but the degree of an improvement it is from ACI is just massive. The game deserves every bit of that honor.
Murj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Murj
Member since 2008 • 4557 Posts

That came out of nowhere for me. I haven't played AC2 or MW2 yet but after hearing all the buzz about MW2 I didn't think any game had a chance of topping it. But I have heard that AC2 really stepped up from it's prequel. So well done.

Dordledum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Dordledum
Member since 2009 • 1754 Posts

I must say that I heard mostly negative reviews of AC2. perfomance issues and such. I expect MW2 to walk away with the title on Gamespot.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

I'd heard a bit about ACII and I don't think it deserved it. (but I don't care what game IGN says is best)

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#6 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

I'd heard a bit about ACII and I don't think it deserved it. (but I don't care what game IGN says is best)

Flamecommando

well, that seems a little ignorant...you havent even played the game.

I agree with IGN, and this is the first time. AC2, eventhough im not finished the game, is by far the most impressive game this year that ive played.

amill68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 amill68
Member since 2005 • 220 Posts

i have to disagree with IGN, but then lets be honest, i disagree with most of the ratings that IGN gives out. AC2 should not be the top game of the year, and im not even sure if MW2 should be, unless we are going strictly on multiplayer... its campaign was jsut too short

amareen18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 amareen18
Member since 2007 • 1259 Posts
Yeah ACII is great :D
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

[QUOTE="Flamecommando"]

chex81

I agree with IGN, and this is the first time. AC2, eventhough im not finished the game, is by far the most impressive game this year that ive played.

Ok. I didn't play it myself. But i've played all of the other major titles in some form. I was comparing it to the opinions I recieved which were all in the middle or leaning towards bad. Plus if IGN likes it alot, I tend to turn away.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts

Wad are ur thoughts on it? And what do ya think gamespot will vote for X360 game of the year? I have a feeling it is Modern Warfare 2.

sivasiva
Call me silly, but wouldn't it make more sense if the Xbox 360 game of the year be an exclusive title?
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#11 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

[QUOTE="chex81"]

[QUOTE="Flamecommando"]

Flamecommando

Ok. I didn't play it myself. But i've played all of the other major titles in some form. I was comparing it to the opinions I recieved which were all in the middle or leaning towards bad. Plus if IGN likes it alot, I tend to turn away.

I don't usually agree with IGN's opinions either...but if they liked something it doesn't steer me away, im just careful and read other reviews/opinions around the net. If you enjoy action adventure games i would recommend it, even as a rental...i would say AC1deserved a 7/10, but AC2 is definitely 9-9.5/10.

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
[QUOTE="sivasiva"]

shaunchgo
Call me silly, but wouldn't it make more sense if the Xbox 360 game of the year be an exclusive title?

No, exclusive doesn't mean better game.
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#13 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
Well I have to admit it was my favorite game that was released this year, I have yet to play Dragon Age but I've read it is way better on PC, but this was alsodue to the many games launching in q1 2010...either way Assassin's Creed 2 is one hell of a game
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts

[QUOTE="Flamecommando"]

[QUOTE="chex81"]

chex81

I don't usually agree with IGN's opinions either...but if they liked something it doesn't steer me away, im just careful and read other reviews/opinions around the net. If you enjoy action adventure games i would recommend it, even as a rental...i would say AC1deserved a 7/10, but AC2 is definitely 9-9.5/10.

To turn away from a game just because of the opinion of IGN is kind of rediculous. For the most part I find their reviews to be just fine. But anyone could question or disagree with any review from any website. I don't understand what people have against them specifically. And to all the COD fanboys, MW2 is a great game. And IGN recognized it as such. It got plenty of year end awards on that list, including best shooter. But just because a game is called "Call of Duty" does not automatically mean that it is God of all games and is perfect and should win every award. Despite what you think, even it has its faults. I thought AC2 was plenty worthy of getting game of the year.
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
[QUOTE="sivasiva"]

shaunchgo

Why, when 90% of games on the 360 and PS3 are cross platform? I'm not going to get into an argument with someone who looks up the actual percentage, but let's be honest. Go to any game store and look at the PS3 and 360 shelves. Save for a few exclusives, they look almost exactly the same.
jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts

I must say that I heard mostly negative reviews of AC2. perfomance issues and such. I expect MW2 to walk away with the title on Gamespot.

Dordledum
I played the whole game and did not have any "performance" issues. Gamerankings lowest review for it is 85%, so I'm betting you got your review from a pretty unreliable source.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

i think its dumb to have multiplats in the running for goty on a single console. Really though it was a weak year for the 360 for the first time i have to say the ps3 had a better year. On the 360 it would had have to be between cod and AC. There wasn't anything else besides well maybe batman.

DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#18 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

I havent played Assassins creed 2 or bought it yet but I know that it might win game of the year in my book =)

bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
I haven't played it yet, I will be really soon though. That's pretty exciting. Sounds like I'll enjoy it!
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

Shouldn't Best 360 Game go to an exclusive? Giving the title to a multi platform game just seems wrong to me.

TJORLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TJORLY
Member since 2008 • 3298 Posts

Shouldn't Best 360 Game go to an exclusive? Giving the title to a multi platform game just seems wrong to me.

PlasmaBeam44

If you'd care to name a good one...

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
After playing and completing AC2; I think it deserves it.
Sai077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Sai077
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I dont think either of those games should have won. They are definitely in my top 5, but I think some other games should have won. MW2 and ACII would have won just because of the shear amount of hype they had over other games.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts

PlasmaBeam44
Its for the best game on the console period. No matter if it's multiplat or not.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
BTW, good job IGN for not sucumbing to the wave of hype of MW2. AC2 is my GOTY.
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts
Anything involving the words "Assassin's Creed" is automatically epic.
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I think it should be Forza 3.

podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

good_sk8er7
Same here, but I've already given up hope on that. Racing games don't get enough credit for how awesome they are...
OneBadLT123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 OneBadLT123
Member since 2005 • 1152 Posts

I have to agree. AC2 is probably one of the greatest games I have ever played. And I have been gaming since 1988. The improvement over the first, the added features, and the amazing story get you sucked in. The graphics/sound is top notch and this games development is the pinnacle of "next gen" gaming.

Any single person who says they didn't play the game, then go on and say it does not deserve to win is just flat out ignorant. This game is impossible to put down once you start.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

[QUOTE="good_sk8er7"]

podliver

Same here, but I've already given up hope on that. Racing games don't get enough credit for how awesome they are...

Sadly this is true =(

Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

Its a Solid Choice. AC2 is just too much of an improvement over the First to ignore its accomlishments. It truely is one of the better games this generation, Not just this year.

MW2 shouldn't win just because its the Same game as the last one with Modified Multiplayer, We know its great, but it didn't actually do anything special

And we all know PS3's GOTY is going to be Uncharted, so there is another no vote for MW2,

Wii will be Super Mario Bros,

PC Will probably be Dragon Age IMO, but I could be wrong.

Overall Game of the year though? I think Uncharted just might take the cake for the majority of the websites, As much as I don't use my PS3 (Literally almost never) Uncharted 2 is unreal in every aspect.