so i beat fallout 3. i dont understand what was so great about it.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fdsfgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 fdsfgs
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts
i mean, it was an ok game but people make it out to be the best rpg ever. the environment was cool at first but it got really boring after 15 minutes. the game doesnt seem alive, everything feels scripted and dull. the gunplay felt awkward, minus VATs which is pretty cool, melee is useless seeing as everything with a gun sees you from 50 miles away and blows your face off before you can even get close, and theres really only one way to play the game, shoot guns. also the ending was kinda dumb and unsatisfying. i just experienced all the endings by loading a save right before a beat the game and trying different things and i have to say they were all basically the same exact thing. again, it was an ok game and i enjoyed it a little bit but it was nothing amazing. am i missing something?
LittleToejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LittleToejam
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

i rented it it right now its cool. should i buy it?

fdsfgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fdsfgs
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts
if you like it, go ahead. it supposedly has plenty of replay value
Jluecke3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jluecke3
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts
Its a much more indepth game then what you make it out to be tho. Maybe it just isnt your type of game? I also wouldnt call it the best RPG ever, but definitly the best of the year judging by the lack of good RPGs this year. I personally really enjoyed it and it hooked me for a while. But also im a huge fan of the old fallout games and also of elder scrolls. I found it greatly enjoyable.
gimlifn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 gimlifn
Member since 2005 • 621 Posts

I agree. Fallout 3 was a big disappointment in my opinion. The quests were just ok and the VATS targeting system was cool for a while. For me what really made Fallout 3 a disappointment was the quest stories. The stroy line was just not that great and I was never really interested through out the whole game. I beat it and I was like wow what a waste of time. I really enjoyed Oblivion and I thought I would enjoy Fallout 3 but boy was I disappointed. I guess I'll just play Mass Effect until the next Elder Scrolls game comes out and also Mass Effect 2 will be sweet if they fix the problems in the first one.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts

I agree. Fallout 3 was a big disappointment in my opinion. The quests were just ok and the VATS targeting system was cool for a while. For me what really made Fallout 3 a disappointment was the quest stories. The stroy line was just not that great and I was never really interested through out the whole game. I beat it and I was like wow what a waste of time. I really enjoyed Oblivion and I thought I would enjoy Fallout 3 but boy was I disappointed. I guess I'll just play Mass Effect until the next Elder Scrolls game comes out and also Mass Effect 2 will be sweet if they fix the problems in the first one.

gimlifn
Im playing fallout 3 right now and It is a decent game and ill finish it but for me as well, Oblivion was soooo much better.
mikeian2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 mikeian2014
Member since 2009 • 297 Posts

For those of us that love it you just spit in our eyes....... not cool.........

Dinotron214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dinotron214
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts

i rented it it right now its cool. should i buy it?

LittleToejam

Yes buy it.

xbx4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xbx4ever
Member since 2003 • 479 Posts

We would be lucky if half the games released on xbox or any other console for that matter were as good as fallout 3.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

The best part for me personally was the exploration and the choices i could make.

TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 TheBigTicket21
Member since 2004 • 30875 Posts
I agree with you everything was all very repetitive, i liked oblivion a lot better, at least that changed stuff up a lot better, and i thought fallout's story was weak.
imlolmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 imlolmon
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

i played fallout 3 and i did everything in the game got every achievement explored every location and i was still so sad it ended cause i wanted more.. every sitting i had with this game lasted hours!!! it had such a different feel then any game ive played because of the realism of it. every choice you make and everything you do can effect you, and in talking theres always an option for every player, unlike other games where you end up having something to do something you dont want to or dont agree with.. this game has so much depth but you guys are just looking the shallowness of it.. the "main quest" is really hardly a part of the actual game if you ask me... im playing oblivion right now and its good but i cant play it as long and i dont have as much fun playing it as i did with fallout.

commander-cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 commander-cool
Member since 2007 • 359 Posts

Did you just do the main quest? because exploring and doing side quests are the most fun in my opinion.

Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

It was a fun game, bet there are a lot of cons to it. I agree about the environments, they're all sort of bland, dull and dead looking. It's also sort of hard to see the game... it just seems like coding and computer-scripted events. Not to mention there weren't a whole lot of side quests, plus level cap is 20.

I liked Oblivion much more, it felt ALIVE!

This new expansion pack that's coming should make me love it again though, hopefully.

imlolmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 imlolmon
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

yeah this is definitely a matter of opinion because people are saying "oh the game doesnt feel alive enviroments are dead"

well.. its the wastelands, and everything was wiped out by nuclear bombs.. is it suppose to be alive? i dont think so.. its not like oblivion is any more alive anyways, i get so bored of walking through forests, i barely even encounter enemies. in fallout you could run into a massive amount of super humans, death claws, their were creatures everywhere

MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts

well thats bc u obviously so dumb that u wouldnt recognize an amazing game even if it bite you in the butt.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

this thread is pointless

the game doesnt care if you dont like it

and im pretty sure we dont need to cover these formus with threads about how we dont like good games

(this stupid "one or more words have been automaticlly censored" is startin to piss me off, i didnt use any inappropriate language, ********!)

iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

I personally enjoyed Oblivion more but Fallout was still really good.

porky_ownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 porky_ownsu
Member since 2008 • 1287 Posts

who ever doesnt like this game probably has mental deffiencies. or is playing it on too high difficulty.

eagles_band

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 eagles_band
Member since 2008 • 2969 Posts

Explore! Thats where you'll experience all the cool stuff!