So, here I am thinking of buying a 360.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Theempire30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Theempire30
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts

I owned the original Xbox back in the day and loved it to death. So when the 360 came out many rumors pushed me down from buying it. And then I saw the PS3 as the ultimate next gen console, as Sony announced. So I bought it hoping it would live to what Sony was saying about it. So far, for me, it has not. Last week my PS3 broke, I'm having to send it to Sony for repairs. And I got to thinking how it would be if I had a 360. Why did you guys buy your 360? Why should I really buy one? It seems to be getting alot of games I like. And some that are multi platform get so much more support on the 360 then other consoles.

What has me thinking is that Microsoft will release a newer console in 2 years. And that the system I buy will brake often. I have many reasons to buy one, and many reasons to not. Please help me out here guys. I need some opinions.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

Microsoft won't release another console for at least 2 years and more likely 3 since they will want to make as much money off the 360 before releasing another system.

I would get one now since the price just dropped and the 360 has the best game library.

kurohubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 kurohubby
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts
I got my xbox where there wasn't any other new systems. I was planing on getting the others but nothing has impressed me yet to do so. My console is still the original 360 and I bought and never had any problem but I think I just got lucky. The new models to my understanding is more reliable then the older ones. The exclusive games for 360 rock. I wasn't a big fan of the original Xbox but this one has a lil' of everything and not just FPS'S. I read somewhere that the new system won't be until 2012 (rumor) well either way you have HUGE libary of game to keep you busy for a long while.
decrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 decrot
Member since 2003 • 137 Posts
depends if you like FPS games. They do have alot of those on xbox. if you think you like the xbox exclusives then go for it. I on the other hand don't really play my xbox. I was just wondering what it would be like to get a PS3 for little big planet and MSG4 (hopefully that game will come out for xbox).
ReconKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ReconKing
Member since 2008 • 52 Posts

Microsoft won't release another console for at least 2 years and more likely 3 since they will want to make as much money off the 360 before releasing another system.

I would get one now since the price just dropped and the 360 has the best game library.

KC_Hokie

you said it, also Xbox 360 is so much better than the PS3 in so many ways, but Xbox 360, great games and so many awesome ones coming out

TUNEwon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 TUNEwon
Member since 2003 • 155 Posts
This is how I break these two systems down, I will try not to sound negative because both have their places in the market. I own both and have for the last two years. The question you need to ask yourself is, am I a Mac or a PC? The 360 is all about making the masses happy by taking familiar genera's and old franchises and making them shiny and good looking. But I'm my opinion once you get over the look of the game your left with the feeling that you have played this before. The Ps3 really seems to be thinking about what is NEXT. The ps3 whether or not they are successful, have more than a few games that have never been done before or are a new look at an old genera. And because of this PS movement into the new, I believe I will sell my 360 this Xmas. And any game that is worth playing on the 360 is also on the PC and most likely will look way better. Of course I'm not looking to start a who is better brawl, but if anyone would like me to list games from the PS that are unique and a must have, I will be more than happy to. I am not happy with my 360.
kataro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kataro1
Member since 2005 • 405 Posts
Well I've don't have much experience with a PS3 myself but the reason I chose the 360 was because of the fact that it had more games (And I mean a lot more games) that I wanted to play. I don't care how much fancy hardware the PS3 has I buy a gaming system to play games. It seems like Sony built the PS3 around all it's extra features with games as a secondary option. Now I can't compare 360s online to PS3s because I have no experience with PSN at all. But I hear more people saying Live is better than PSN than people saying PSN is better than Live. I'll probably get a PS3 eventually, but right now it just doesn't even compare for me.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

I owned the original Xbox back in the day and loved it to death. So when the 360 came out many rumors pushed me down from buying it. And then I saw the PS3 as the ultimate next gen console, as Sony announced. So I bought it hoping it would live to what Sony was saying about it. So far, for me, it has not. Last week my PS3 broke, I'm having to send it to Sony for repairs. And I got to thinking how it would be if I had a 360. Why did you guys buy your 360? Why should I really buy one? It seems to be getting alot of games I like. And some that are multi platform get so much more support on the 360 then other consoles.

What has me thinking is that Microsoft will release a newer console in 2 years. And that the system I buy will brake often. I have many reasons to buy one, and many reasons to not. Please help me out here guys. I need some opinions.

Theempire30
You should get a 360 because this year, last year, and next year there are going to be alot of good games to buy and play. LIke last year there was Halo 3, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, and Bioshock. This year there is dead Space, Saints Row 2, Fable II, Gears of War 2, and Fall Out 3. Next year there are going to be games that I don't know of yet but I know there will be some good ones.
Lightning-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lightning-XIII
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts
really thats great its a great buy and at A Great price
Theempire30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Theempire30
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys. I will be getting one tomorrow. The question is which model? Is there any difference between the 60GB and the Elite, other than the color, more memory, and the HDMI cables?
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys. I will be getting one tomorrow. The question is which model? Is there any difference between the 60GB and the Elite, other than the color, more memory, and the HDMI cables?Theempire30
I would get a 60gb or Elite...make sure you get the one with the latest manufacturing date.
TUNEwon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 TUNEwon
Member since 2003 • 155 Posts
I bought an arcade, and then a cheap used HD, it was all under 300.
swhite123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 swhite123
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts
I think the 360 is great and the best game system i've ever bought all the way around.form the graphics the online play and just about anything you can think of.And as far as breaking down your taking a chance with any system you buy now a days so just make sure you get the 1 or 2 year coverage.
DoomGuy5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DoomGuy5
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I really want an XBOX 360 also, I own a PS3 and really like it, but here is why I will probably get a 360 soon:

- I really like the xbox 360 controller. In my opinion it's more confortable than the PlayStation's.

- it's cheap ($260 for a video game console)

- the xbox live arcade has a lot of cool games

- Halo 3

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts

Yes you should here is why

- Halo 3, Gears 2, Fable 2, Banjo 3, Mass Effect, The Last Remenant, Star Ocean 4, Left 4 Dead. All of these amazing games and none of them you will see on the PS3. With the exception of The Last Remenant which is a timed exclusive.

- XBLA has some really sweet games such as Geometry Wars 2, Braid, Castle Crashers.