So are you getting BORDERLANDS?!

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

I know I am as BORDERLANDS is going to be soo fraking awesome!
I just can't wait!

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I already have mine pre-ordered! I'm predicting this to be my Game of the Year!:D

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
Most likely, yes.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#4 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I'm definitely getting it. already have it pre-ordred. :D
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts

Hellz Bellz I am!

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Yeah I'll buy it.
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
Probably. Don't wanna spend too much money though.
tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

HeeeeelllZ yeah! its my most anticipated this year! BORDERLANDS!

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

Waiting for reviews first. They changed the art style, but it still looks like a Fallout clone IMO.

Avatar image for Enraged_Bannana
Enraged_Bannana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Enraged_Bannana
Member since 2008 • 671 Posts

Waiting for reviews first. They changed the art style, but it still looks like a Fallout clone IMO.

heysharpshooter
Rage looks like more of a Fallout clone than Borderlands does
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="heysharpshooter"]

Enraged_Bannana

I don't think either look like Fallout clones. Fallout 1 & 2 were traditional RPGs, then F3 was a fun action RPG. Borderlands, well, it looks 100% unique and Rage is an FPS, not an RPG, so you can't really compare either of them to Fallout. But, Rage does remind me more of Fallout than Borderlands does.

heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 heysharpshooter

[QUOTE="Enraged_Bannana"][QUOTE="heysharpshooter"]

Phoenix534

I don't think either look like Fallout clones. Fallout 1 & 2 were traditional RPGs, then F3 was a fun action RPG. Borderlands, well, it looks 100% unique and Rage is an FPS, not an RPG, so you can't really compare either of them to Fallout. But, Rage does remind me more of Fallout than Borderlands does.

It's a FPS RPG set in a post-apocolyptic wasteland with people who raid Vaults(kinda blatant) for alien technology, and there will be mutated monsters, raiders and bandits running around. That is pretty clonish, IMO. I know combat will have a more FPS feel, there will be more loot and there are classes and stuff, but IDK about this game yet. I agree that there are a lot of similarites between Fallout 3/Borderlands/Rage. I still may get Borderlands. If the reviews are good, I will definatly pick it up. Same with Rage.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ghstbstr

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="Enraged_Bannana"] Rage looks like more of a Fallout clone than Borderlands doesheysharpshooter

It's a FPS RPG set in a post-apocolyptic wasteland with people who raid Vaults(kinda blatant) for alien technology, and there will be mutated monsters, raiders and bandits running around. That is pretty clonish, IMO. I know combat will have a more FPS feel, there will be more loot and there are classes and stuff, but IDK about this game yet. I agree that there are a lot of similarites between Fallout 3/Borderlands/Rage. I still may get Borderlands. If the reviews are good, I will definatly pick it up. Same with Rage.

Actually it is on a harsh frontier planet called Pandora, and it is not a post-apocolyptic wasteland.

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
Im getting it . Me and some guys are starting a Borderlands clan, anyone interested.?..Pm me..
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="Enraged_Bannana"] Rage looks like more of a Fallout clone than Borderlands doesheysharpshooter

Which are you talking about there? You said FPS RPG so I figured Borderlands, but the post-apocalyptic setting made me think Rage, and the raiding Vaults completely threw me off. Can you clear things up for me?

heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 heysharpshooter

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Phoenix534

Which are you talking about there? You said FPS RPG so I figured Borderlands, but the post-apocalyptic setting made me think Rage, and the raiding Vaults completely threw me off. Can you clear things up for me?

My description was of Borderlands. I was corrected that it was a planet that has always been a barren wasteland, so I recant that statement. I still find the similarites between Borderlands and Fallout signifigant, anf even the developers of Borderlands have said they took a lot of inspiration for this game in many ways from Fallout.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ghstbstr

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]Which are you talking about there? You said FPS RPG so I figured Borderlands, but the post-apocalyptic setting made me think Rage, and the raiding Vaults completely threw me off. Can you clear things up for me?heysharpshooter

My description was of Borderlands. I was corrected that it was a planet that has always been a barren wasteland, so I recant that statement. I still find the similarites between Borderlands and Fallout signifigant, anf even the developers of Borderlands have said they took a lot of inspiration for this game in many ways from Fallout.

Again, it is on a harsh frontier planet called Pandora, and it is not a post-apocolyptic wasteland or a barren wasteland.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

heysharpshooter

They took inspiration, but I don't really see much similarities. One is a pure action RPG, the other is an RPS. One is set on Earth, the other on Pandora. One is awesome, the other is awesome. Ok, one similarity:P

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

Depends on the reviews. It looks great. But hey, so did East India Company. :x

BanjoMumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#20 BanjoMumbo
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts

It's in my wish list, I cannot wait to see the reviews for it. It reminds me of Team Fortess 2 with Afro Samurai graphics.

vp22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vp22
Member since 2008 • 1443 Posts
i'm gonna wait for a review first
GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GatCloudX
Member since 2008 • 1459 Posts
you know what i htink is really cool my dad played poker with one of the game devs once
xxxCr00k3dxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xxxCr00k3dxxx
Member since 2009 • 1006 Posts
YEAH!m getting it,me and some guys kinda already have a clan.
AntonSaidWhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AntonSaidWhat
Member since 2009 • 277 Posts

Maybe... Ill wait for the reviews first =p

bmorgan300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bmorgan300
Member since 2009 • 150 Posts
until yesterday i thought borderlands looked totally crap and then i started looking around and it actually looks like a REALLY good game, so yeah i'm getting it for either my birthday or christmas i reckon
MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts

yeah i will. i already paid half the game. so ill be getting it on day one.

Jessta1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jessta1
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts
yea same with me, sooo exited
Jessta1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jessta1
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts

yea i have mine pre ordered

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
cant wait for it, gonna be so good
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

My most anticipated game this year. Last time i was that hyped with a game it was when Timesplitters future perfect wasn't out so yeah. Joined the BL forum recently and they're doing a big a** launch party marathon where lots of players from the community will be playing all day long.

@orb&missmorphine: Seeing i added you both mainly for when it comes out (ofc we can play other games) it would be nice if we could play us 3 that day. :D

Dordledum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dordledum
Member since 2009 • 1754 Posts

Have it on pre-orderas well. The hype around this game is bigger than I thought.

ThatsSimtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ThatsSimtastic
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts

Can't wait for it, need a few friends who wanna play co-op with me though, :( all my RL friends only play cod or halo

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
If I have the funds then I will. :P
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chaoscougar1

My most anticipated game this year. Last time i was that hyped with a game it was when Timesplitters future perfect wasn't out so yeah. Joined the BL forum recently and they're doing a big a** launch party marathon where lots of players from the community will be playing all day long.

@orb&missmorphine: Seeing i added you both mainly for when it comes out (ofc we can play other games) it would be nice if we could play us 3 that day. :D

archvile_78

can i make the 4th?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Borderlands is definitely on my list. Getting it ASAP. Was trying to decide between the 360 or PS3 version, but I think I'm going with the 360 version because some friends of mine are also getting it for the 360. Co-op mode is gonna be hella fun.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 archvile_78

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

chaoscougar1

can i make the 4th?

That would makes it even better. :P i shall add you then.

Kenbo325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 Kenbo325
Member since 2009 • 1177 Posts
Yes!
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

archvile_78

can i make the 4th?

i will either be a soldier or a hunter for team dynamics purposes

ThatsSimtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ThatsSimtastic
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts
[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

can i make the 4th?

If you ever need a subsitute (just incase someone injures a finger :p) feel free to add me as I'll only be able to play with people from GS...
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 archvile_78

Adding you right away Sims, the most people i can get, the better it will be.

@Chaos: No problem, you already know i'll be the Lilith and i expect MissMorphine to also be a Lilith seeing her built so, im sure we'll be working out loots and everything finely. Gonna be one of the rare time i'll be using my mic outside of party chat. ;p

Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts

Yes,I plan to.But I'm still a little cautious about it.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 chaoscougar1

Adding you right away Sims, the most people i can get, the better it will be.

@Chaos: No problem, you already know i'll be the Lilith and i expect MissMorphine to also be a Lilith seeing her built so, im sure we'll be working out loots and everything finely. Gonna be one of the rare time i'll be using my mic outside of party chat. ;p

archvile_78

i am happy to play any build out of those two chars; support, long range, tank, etc what ever gap needs to be filled

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 archvile_78

Seeing its a BL topic i'll allow myself to post something related to the game. Just seen on the BL website someone who posted a preview from AreaGame, in german, but someone of the BL site translated part of the preview, the negative points to be precise and i quote:

'' Originally Posted by Slayerific

Since I am German, I will provide a summary in a second.

Well it is not really positive although it seems unbiased. He does say it may be because of it being a debug preview version that he played but I will quickly summarize the negative things he mentioned:

- World feels empty and has not a lot of details, lot of bland spaces
- Collecting the loot did not feel as engaging as in Diablo and was quite dull for him, although the weapons he found later on were more fun while not being anything spectacular
- The world is not as open as Fallout 3 (I didn't play it), and feel tube-like
- NPC animation is rudimentary, alot of npcs jerked out and the animation didn't work properly, he didn't notice ragdoll effects and physic effects are rare, can't even shoot bottle standing around ( I think I saw ragdoll in videos tho)
- AI seems not final and either runs from point a to point b or charges you kamikaze like. Or they stand around and do nothing while you shoot them.

He says he couldn't find any nice things in the tube like levels (discovering) except of loot in boxes and the only good stuff he got were from bosses. The exploring felt dull and boring and the first areas all looked the same while you just had to kill more. Level and content does not compare to Fallout 3 and the world felt like a big halo level.

I just put the negative things here, there are some good opinions in there too but he said overall he expected more from it and it just didn't catch him right from the start, like Diablo or WoW did.''

Now don't jump at my throat just yet i asked the same guy who translated the above paragraph to translate the good points the guy written in his preview. What worries me is the exploration part and possibly the AI too. I'll bump this topic whenever i get a translation of the GOOD points from the review.

Original preview (German)

Topic in question

HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts

yeah.. i want that game.. :x..

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

BORDERLANDS is going to be soo fraking awesome!
ghstbstr

Or it might not. Gonna wait to see how it turns out. If good, I'll considering getting it sometime down the road.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#47 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

on the fence

Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
Yes i am! The game looks amazing. Hurry up October! ;)
jptribe_67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jptribe_67
Member since 2005 • 398 Posts

Day one purchase for me.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
i want to get it but for some reason it just doesnt interest me. i watched the trailers and everything and i LLOVE the fact that its coop but i dunno. maybe i need to try a demo or something. the game LOOKS great but i dont know whats up. i watched a trailer for it last night on live and i got kinda turned off by it...