This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for spunkster_basic
#1 Posted by spunkster_basic (49 posts) -
Has anyone ever had any very short freezing problems with their X-Box 360?

I'v ebeen playing BioShock a lot lately. However, the last two times I've played it - today - it is suddenly freezing for about a second at a time. It happens quite often...at least twice every 5 minutes or so.

At first I thought maybe it was data loading because of changes in the game - the audio files you come across, or mass amount of enemies, that sort of stuff.

But it's happening now when I just walk down regular corridors with nothing happening.

It's not freezing the whole system or making me have to turn everything off, but it's pretty damn annoying to say the least.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
#2 Posted by deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e (1311 posts) -
It happen to me while playing Bioshock through the second time but with the other games I played never freeze on me.
Avatar image for insane_metalist
#3 Posted by insane_metalist (7797 posts) -
I've had couple of freezes on the dashboard for about 10 secs when i tryed to compare games with friends or get into private chat but it looks like it's all working good now.
Avatar image for spunkster_basic
#4 Posted by spunkster_basic (49 posts) -
So could it just be some kind of glitch in the game?
Avatar image for Shiggityleveler
#5 Posted by Shiggityleveler (37 posts) -
wow i have the exact same thing. im playing bioshock on my second time through and im also getting small freezes. theres not a scratch on the disc so its gotta be some sort of glitch
#6 Posted by MyndFlyte (1103 posts) -
It could be but a while ago that happened to me and turned out to be a bad disk drive.
#7 Posted by SKOPY291 (209 posts) -
I've actually noticed a slight pause during several Halo 3 sessions.
#8 Posted by firebreathing (4619 posts) -
have you replaced the thermal grease on the cpu and gpu??? Doing that would void the warranty though..........
#9 Posted by tigerfan17 (736 posts) -

I've actually noticed a slight pause during several Halo 3 sessions. SKOPY291

Yeah, I noticed that a few times too for about the first hour I was playing but thankfully it hasn't done anything since then.

#10 Posted by smallville206 (817 posts) -
I also have frequent freezes playing Bioshock. It doesn't totally ruin the game, but it does bring down the game experience. Hard to get to immersed in the game world when it keeps glitching.
#11 Posted by Avalos86 (396 posts) -
It's a small glitch in the game. It's in the review.
#12 Posted by BunkaOne (533 posts) -
I've actually noticed a slight pause during several Halo 3 sessions. SKOPY291
me too. looks like loading to me
Avatar image for LIKETOPLAYGAMES
#13 Posted by LIKETOPLAYGAMES (327 posts) -
Yeah, I just got Halo 3 last night and within minutes of playing I noticed that little freezing problem, stinks.