Smackdown vs Raw 2008 demo. Your thoughts???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts
Hmm...Well I just downloaded and played this demo for a while. I have to be honest and say there's nothing really new here. Graphics are basically the same. Just a glow added like back from Wrestlemania 21 on Xbox 1. Controls suck, controls on 07 were way better. I wouldn't pay 50 cents for this game. THQ you suck! I'll keep my money for the new TNA Impact game! It looks way more promising. We have to wonder when is THQ gonna learn we don't want the same game every year? This game is also full of jaggies. Also characters arms and body parts stick through each other. What a poor job! OXM only gave it an 8.5 . Now I know why.
NumenDivinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NumenDivinum
Member since 2007 • 889 Posts
We have to wonder when is THQ gonna learn we don't want the same game every year?Patriot298

It's graphics are horrible due in part to it being a last gen port, and THQ isn't going to stop this until either A) All these stupid fan's stop buying into the hype every year only to find it's the same game, or B) They get some real competition that kicks their ass into gear.

It makes sense from a business standpoint. Why make it better when people will buy slightly updated?
SirMonotone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SirMonotone
Member since 2007 • 414 Posts
I used to love the Smackdown vs Raw games but I downloaded the demo of SVR 2008 and I hated it. I haven't played a SVR game in ages and this demo made me realise why. It's almost identical to the last game in too many ways and I wasn't impressed by the graphics. Give me PGR4 any day. :)
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
im going to download it
Sauron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sauron
Member since 2002 • 141 Posts

I personally have never really liked the SVR series. IMO Aki made the best wrestling games (Wrestlemania 2000, No Mercy, etc...)

for the N64. Unfortunately they make the Def Jam games now.

hussain356

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hussain356
Member since 2005 • 179 Posts
ive forgotten the controls
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
I like the oldstyle controles. I tried the last version when that demo came out and just dont like the controles. They have a good solid game,but this type of game is heavy on good controles and it doesnt pass the test there.
devjmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 devjmoore
Member since 2007 • 103 Posts

It's awesome. Let us start with the controlls: the irish whip is definitely easier to pull off. You either push B to do a weak whip, or you hold down B to do a stronge whip. How simple is that? Likewise, with the LB as the run button, it is much easier to perform running ground attacks, and running strikes for that matter. And the power moves, e.g. Undertaker's choke slam, where the players controls the execution really makes me feel like I'm slamming my opponent to the ground. Hey, but I'll go into more detail on my BLOG. I'll let you all know when it's posted.

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts

Like all the others.

BLAH

lt_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lt_04
Member since 2004 • 210 Posts
I downloaded the demo yesterday. and wasn't really impressed with it.the graphicsare sameit seems they get worse every year. I think the new TNA impact wrestling is goin to out shine SVR 08
Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts

I downloaded the demo yesterday. and wasn't really impressed with it.the graphicsare sameit seems they get worse every year. I think the new TNA impact wrestling is goin to out shine SVR 08 lt_04

Yap the graphics seem to get more glitches every year.

notoriousmatty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 notoriousmatty
Member since 2004 • 470 Posts

Yeah this game sucks major , no attire customization, slow boring matches, stiff player models just an overall horrible game. Will wait for TNA running the Unreal 3 Engine, hope it will be better.

etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
[QUOTE="OXM only gave it an 8.5 . Now I know why.

an 8.5 is a bad score??
devjmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 devjmoore
Member since 2007 • 103 Posts

I personally have never really liked the SVR series. IMO Aki made the best wrestling games (Wrestlemania 2000, No Mercy, etc...)

for the N64. Unfortunately they make the Def Jam games now.

Sauron

I agree. Those WWE games on the N64 were the best. Still, the SVR is the best in the series since the N64, and they provide endless hours of entertainment. And honestly, Like television, I think that WWE will outshine TNA. That's right, I said it "WWE will outshine TNA".

Likefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Likefire
Member since 2003 • 276 Posts
The last game of SVR that I played was 2006 and its seems a bit of a jump since then. The controls arent that hard. The only thing is that it is much easier to get into the red health area when getting hit by foreign objects in comparison to the older version. Other than that I havent seen a lot of change. I think its cool how TNA is actually performing the moves for the game...injuries or not. But honestly Im going with neither at least until the reviews come out.