Skyrim to add online muliplayer???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

Does anyone know if they plan to add this to the 360 version as well?

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Doubt it, as far as I know it's simple a user made mod (and a buggy/limited one at that).
GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts

Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Oblivion were all single player games, I don't see Skyrim being any different.

Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

I dont want it to become competative like everything else. I do however wish there was a way to send in game messages like letters and also send items. So you could ask a friend a question. A letter would be brought by carrier. And they could answer back or send you an item. Just an idea to integrate friend without it becoming competative.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
I would have liked to have seen it launch with some kind of co-op interaction.
Avatar image for ChristopherRage
ChristopherRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ChristopherRage
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
I would have liked to have seen it launch with some kind of co-op interaction. Overlord93
Ok, I can see where you are coming from. However, my personal opinion is screaming at you right now, "NO!" I find it very sad that every freakin' great single player game now feels the need to either incorporate or create a multiplayer mode in their games. Assassins Creed, Bioshock, etc...Even RPGs are beginning to become more co-op/multiplayer orientated (Dungeon Siege 3, Hunted: Demons Forge, etc...). I wish the industry would not be afraid to just put out a good ole single player campaign game without feeling the need to add multiplayer.
NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]I would have liked to have seen it launch with some kind of co-op interaction. ChristopherRage
Ok, I can see where you are coming from. However, my personal opinion is screaming at you right now, "NO!" I find it very sad that every freakin' great single player game now feels the need to either incorporate or create a multiplayer mode in their games. Assassins Creed, Bioshock, etc...Even RPGs are beginning to become more co-op/multiplayer orientated (Dungeon Siege 3, Hunted: Demons Forge, etc...). I wish the industry would not be afraid to just put out a good ole single player campaign game without feeling the need to add multiplayer.

i couldnt agree more, i HATE how all these singleplayer games have felt the need to add multiplayer recently

hopefully the success of Skyrim shows developers that singleplayer only games can still sell, as long as they are actually good

Avatar image for deactivated-5a263a314f72b
deactivated-5a263a314f72b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: -3

#8 deactivated-5a263a314f72b
Member since 2010 • 196 Posts

Not really an Elder Scrolls fan, but still: "Skyrim" always struck me as firmly beinga single player role-playing game.

Any attempts at just adding in multi-player, for the sake of it, would seem forced & probably unecessary.

I guess in this current console climate of Competitive Online Gaming, people almost always expect every game out there to have some sort of multi-player.

cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cain19822004
Member since 2005 • 1382 Posts

A while back, I had the idea of a few taverns, dotted around the game world, where you can go there and meet up with other people playing on your friends list, there you can sell each other items, spells, maybe even buy training from one another, but these taverns would be the only instance of other players existing in your world, as soon as you step outside, you're on your own again.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I dont want it to become competative like everything else. I do however wish there was a way to send in game messages like letters and also send items. So you could ask a friend a question. A letter would be brought by carrier. And they could answer back or send you an item. Just an idea to integrate friend without it becoming competative.

scouttrooperbob

Oooor something like Dark Souls have!

It would have been awesome.

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts

[QUOTE="Overlord93"]I would have liked to have seen it launch with some kind of co-op interaction. ChristopherRage

Mass Effect too. Still there are some games that started out with on SP that are better with MP. Splinter Cell for example is a great game to play alone, but when they added MP it got that much better (I'm not talking about Conviction). Some games are fine without it though, after recently finishing Batman: AC I am glad that they got rid of the MP they were going to add.

Avatar image for juliankennedy23
juliankennedy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#12 juliankennedy23
Member since 2005 • 894 Posts

Not unless EA buys Bethesda...

Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

Not unless EA buys Bethesda...

juliankennedy23

Thank god thats not gonna happen. I dont like EA...

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

[QUOTE="ChristopherRage"][QUOTE="Overlord93"]I would have liked to have seen it launch with some kind of co-op interaction. NoDzombie

i couldnt agree more, i HATE how all these singleplayer games have felt the need to add multiplayer recently

hopefully the success of Skyrim shows developers that singleplayer only games can still sell, as long as they are actually good

...i think you're forgetting that assassins creed showed you can have top notch single player along with amazing multiplayer...
Avatar image for ChristopherRage
ChristopherRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 ChristopherRage
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
[QUOTE="laliberte11"][QUOTE="NoDzombie"]

Ok, I can see where you are coming from. However, my personal opinion is screaming at you right now, "NO!" I find it very sad that every freakin' great single player game now feels the need to either incorporate or create a multiplayer mode in their games. Assassins Creed, Bioshock, etc...Even RPGs are beginning to become more co-op/multiplayer orientated (Dungeon Siege 3, Hunted: Demons Forge, etc...). I wish the industry would not be afraid to just put out a good ole single player campaign game without feeling the need to add multiplayer.ChristopherRage

...i think you're forgetting that assassins creed showed you can have top notch single player along with amazing multiplayer...

I agree that Assassin's Creed was succesful at having both a good single player and multiplayer mode. However, I do feel (personal opinion) that the single player took a hit when they added in multiplayer and they could have spent more time on the actual story. Of course, I can also argue against my own statement and blame the lack of total production time for my issues with Assassin Creeds storyline. Oveall I think the trend will continue, I just hope that developers realize they don't need to use multiplayer as a "gimmick" to boost sales (Ie. Skyrim Sales).
7SiiNZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 7SiiNZzZ
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="ChristopherRage"][QUOTE="laliberte11"][QUOTE="NoDzombie"]

I agree that Assassin's Creed was succesful at having both a good single player and multiplayer mode. However, I do feel (personal opinion) that the single player took a hit when they added in multiplayer and they could have spent more time on the actual story. Of course, I can also argue against my own statement and blame the lack of total production time for my issues with Assassin Creeds storyline. Oveall I think the trend will continue, I just hope that developers realize they don't need to use multiplayer as a "gimmick" to boost sales (Ie. Skyrim Sales).

I hope you all realise that the game creators of amazing singleplayer games like AC dont feel like they should add multiplayer, but instead it's because the majority of people with the game want multiplayer, and you have to realise that the creators want to please as many people as possible and because the majority want multiplayer they are the people that they choose to please, because there are more of them. But I do agree that they shouldn't add multiplayer in the game but to please the people that do want it they should make an add-on, like Dawnstar, but with no extra items, spells, or shouts etc only the ability to play online with others with the add-on, if you get what I mean.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Please don't necro threads. But welcome to Gamespot!
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts

I can almost guarantee that it will NOT be added to the console versions of the game.

Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
Skyrim would not benefit from an online mode.
Duckitology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Duckitology
Member since 2012 • 48 Posts
Nope, it won't happen, don't get your hopes up