Skate 2 demo. My thoughts.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

moz_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 moz_exe
Member since 2006 • 2374 Posts
The character customisation is better, and there seem to be alot more options to choose from.
Frame rate seems to be much better too.
The graphics looks worse, not as good as the first Skate, anyway.
Plus the walking around feels so clunky.

I'm still playing it now so I'll post more.
Also, I think they took Cannonball out, unless the buttons have just been changed.
Vance_009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Vance_009
Member since 2004 • 2005 Posts
just got done downloading so I'm off to give it a try.
Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts
Wow why didn't I hear about this? Why am I at work???? Why is it so awesome that they took out the cannonball?!?
Vance_009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Vance_009
Member since 2004 • 2005 Posts
fun, maybe I buy the game latter this year. I have not own a Skateboard game in about 10 years.
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KevComesRipping
I went home on my lunch break and started downloading it, of course it was at like 94% by the time I had to go back to work, so I get to wait another 3 hours before I get the chance to try it out.
Murj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Murj
Member since 2008 • 4557 Posts
Now I haven't had the pleasure of playing Skate 1, not properly anyway. I was on free skate for a few minutes at my girlfriends house but that's it. So with not much to compare this to I thought it was a brilliant demo. Creating a skater is good, with a lot of options. The controls are pretty good, I've gotten used to them now that I've played the Career Demo through about 6 times (and no I didn't get bored once lol). The moving objects around is good and simple. I agree that walking around feels strange, as if they've attached lead weights to your character, but all in all I'd be very happy to purchase this game. I'm going to wait until it drops down to about 30GBP though.
miamisk90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 miamisk90
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

you can do the cannonball you just have to go in the trick book at the pause menu to find out how to do it

i think this game is overall better than skate 1, i had skate 1 on my ps3 but i recently sold my ps3 and got an xbox and i think skate 2 is better

just the whole walking thing could use some work, it will prolly be fixed by it's release date

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i think it is the same skate game. i do agree on the walking it feels kind of glitchy. idk if it was me but sometimes it would lag. maybe me.
bunnyman14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bunnyman14
Member since 2005 • 605 Posts
I hate that they expanded on the "Hall of Meat"; I want to skate damn it, I could careless how painful that injury was! The demo felt just as frustrating as original game, I really don't see it being better than the original...it just has more stuff.
thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
I want to try it out now.
adamus007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 adamus007
Member since 2007 • 852 Posts
Please tell me you can add tattoos now.....that's the one thing that drove me crazy about skate......a skating game with NO tattoo options....whats that all about!
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Played the demo and didn't like it very well. I liked the first Skate, but the environments and park in the demo left a lot to be desired. The first games demo had a much better park. Also, the walking is really wonky and awkward. Moving the dumpster was a nice flow breaker, too.
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KevComesRipping
Please tell me you can add tattoos now.....that's the one thing that drove me crazy about skate......a skating game with NO tattoo options....whats that all about!adamus007
There are tattoos, and from the videos I've seen you can create your own graphics, possibly you could use that for tattoos too? As for the game, it feels more or less the same.. I was hoping that some of the stick gestures would be a tiny bit more forgiving, but they are the same, the cannonball is still a lame trick, always will be, walking around is underwhelming but still welcome, moving objects it pretty sweet though, still worth a buy if you ask me for the new create-a-player and environments, I'm really hoping they add the option to use your xbox live vision camera to make your face, my face never comes out anything like mine.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

The graphics have more detail, but the framerate seems to have suffered for it. And what's going on with the massive amounts of slowdown when you fall off the board? Other then that I really like how it turned out. The your character also seems to have more frames of animation, which makes all the tricks flow together smoother then in the first Skate. The characters also looks better. Day one buy for me! This and Stoked.

Edit: You're right about getting off the board, the controls are very clunky and cumbersome. I like the new feature that if you hit something your skater jumps off the board, like if you clip something, instead of just falling to the ground. It also looks like the added cumulative damage to the skater skin. I fell off my board and my character had skinned up elbows. Pretty cool.

KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KevComesRipping

I like the new feature that if you hit something your skater jumps off the board, like if you clip something, instead of just falling to the ground. It also looks like the added cumulative damage to the skater skin. I fell off my board and my character had skinned up elbows. Pretty cool.

EnderSR388

I love how your clothes get dirty in the specific spots that you fell on, wicked awesome detail.