Silent Hill HD Collection and Homecoming finally backwards compatible

#1 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10087 posts) -

Yes!! Reported earlier by Gamespot. Now please bring 4 The Room, it is the only one I never played.

#2 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (5067 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime:

Homecoming was actually pretty decent and HD Collection was good enough for the most part. Overall, this is great for BC but I much would've 'ferred Silent Hill Downpour over Homecoming.

#3 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10087 posts) -

@nepu7supastar7: yeah I enjoyed Homecoming as well, I'm curious how the Collection will run because I do remember some performance issues on the 360.

Downpour is already backwards compatible by the way

#4 Edited by nepu7supastar7 (5067 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime:

Then why the hell did they take Downpour off the store?

#5 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10087 posts) -

@nepu7supastar7: I don't know, maybe the digital version got delisted for whatever reason(usually licensing reasons regarding digital selling)....I can't really check because I already own it, but it is still there for me to install.

That sucks if they removed the digital version, but if that is the case I think you can still play it if you have the disc version(not sure 100% but I think so)…..it's one of the reasons I usually nab them quick, once you own the digital copy you can still re-install at a later date even if they remove it from the store.

Anyways, that sucks, I think Downpour is great. The HD collection digital was there, 7.50$(cdn) ….not too shabby definitely getting it

#6 Posted by lamprey263 (36045 posts) -

I am very curious about the Collection, I know there were some bugs in the Xbox 360 version Konami refused to patch, curious if the BC update was designed to eliminate these issues or if they still persist. Anybody know?

#7 Edited by TheDarkWolf86 (584 posts) -

Silent Hill. What a franchise! I remember running through the town of Silent Hill with its horrible graphics and tank-like movements. I also remember the immersive and challenging story! Does anyone remember these little guys (Grey Child) who would chase you around the school? Even as I am writing this, I can remember that alarm before the entire town turned into hell itself! I am going to have to purchase these games so I can play with my oldest daughter. Thank you for the memories!

#8 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10087 posts) -

@TheDarkWolf86: And the immersive thick fog, couldn't tell where the enemies were sometimes and you had to rely on your radio to let you know something was getting closer

#9 Posted by TheDarkWolf86 (584 posts) -

I am not sure how I forgot about the radio directing your every move. I still think Silent Hill 2 was the best out of the series. If you are interested in what happened to Silent Hill, check out this YouTube channel called, "GVMERS." They do a lot of videos on game franchises that unfortunately died out years ago. The Rise and Fall of Silent Hill

@Alucard_Prime said:

@TheDarkWolf86: And the immersive thick fog, couldn't tell where the enemies were sometimes and you had to rely on your radio to let you know something was getting closer