Shouldn't Crackdown be titled "Halo 3 Beta with bonus game, Crackdown?&quot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

heavenlycheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 heavenlycheese
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
cause really, no one seriously bought crackdown for crackdown, they bought it for beta. now that beta is over, the game is useless
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
the game is actually worth picking up.
kanoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kanoots
Member since 2003 • 3332 Posts
Crackdown isn't a AAA game, but that doesn't mean it's not fun. I bought it mostly for the beta,but once I started playing Crackdown, I couldn't stop. Also, don't sell it just yet, asI heard thatthey are adding a new gang to the city for free.
napalm44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 napalm44
Member since 2004 • 143 Posts
not ture, everyone on my friends list bought crackdown for "crackdown"; the beta was just icing on the cake.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

crackdown is pure greatness. the co-op is so much fun. and it has the best downloadable content to date.

i bought it for Crackdown. The beta was a nice bonus.

napalm44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 napalm44
Member since 2004 • 143 Posts
*iceing
Kentare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kentare
Member since 2006 • 341 Posts
I borrowed it from a friend and played 2 games on Beta. Then I left and played Crackdown for the remaining 4 days that I could've played Beta. It's a worthy game.
SPARTAN-034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SPARTAN-034
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
I bought Crackdown for Crackdown. I thought is was a great game.
K4ss3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 K4ss3r
Member since 2004 • 8697 Posts
Seriously, you need to try the game before you make such statement. The game is excellent and a lot of fun, Halo 3 beta was merely a bonus that they didn't need to add, to make this game great.
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

cause really, no one seriously bought crackdown for crackdown, they bought it for beta. now that beta is over, the game is uselessheavenlycheese

Umm your wrong. I bought Crackdown for Crackdown, the Halo 3 Beta was a bonus. Fission Mailed!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f93995c29447
deactivated-5f93995c29447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 deactivated-5f93995c29447
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts
If game stoped freezing everytime, then I might like it.
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
I remember seeing a picture of a sealed box with "Halo 3 beta including crackdown" so some people think it should. :P
Brent330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Brent330
Member since 2005 • 120 Posts

cause really, no one seriously bought crackdown for crackdown, they bought it for beta. now that beta is over, the game is uselessheavenlycheese

I bought Crackdown for Crackdown, its a pretty fun game. I got a BETA key but I still bought Crackdown because I thought the demo was wicked awesome.

SkaterM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SkaterM80
Member since 2006 • 825 Posts
I played Crackdown at a friends house and it was actually pretty good. He didn't even know Crackdown came with Halo 3 Beta because he bought Crackdown for Crackdown.
mumotuma_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 mumotuma_man
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts
this thread is like, 4 months late. we all get it, a large majority of the gaming population dont like crackdown, but like halo. we dont need a million threads about it. there are some of us who like the game. I personally played the beta once to see what the fuss was about.I dont like halo mulitplayer (omg!!!)....
CradleXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CradleXX
Member since 2005 • 2820 Posts
I didn't get Crackdown for the beta. I got all the achievements in crackdown. played crackdown much more than the beta.
timdabrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 timdabrat
Member since 2005 • 269 Posts
Initially I was gonna get crackdown for the beta, then I tried the demo and picked it up and I ran through it in about 2 days, I was addicted.....still trying to find those darn orbs. But Halo 3 Beta was fantastic as well, pretty much a 2-4-1 deal!
dara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dara14
Member since 2006 • 105 Posts
Calling it that would be stupid because the beta wasnt there for long and when it was gone calling it the halo 3 beta would just be n00by
maxpinigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 maxpinigis
Member since 2006 • 153 Posts
have you played crackdown b4?
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
I bought Crackdown for Crackdown, as many people did in this thread. I didn't even play the beta that much. Something about only 3 maps and none of the ranking counting made me not care about it.
o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts

I bought crackdown for crackdown

And your about 4 months late on this joke. Becuase that's when it was first made

Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts

In general, one person shouldn't try to speak for all. It doesn't work like that. If you didn't like the game, that's one thing. Personally, I enjoyed the hell out of it and didn't even touch the beta code. For me, it was "Crackdown with bonus key I never planned on using."

Avatar image for ClandestineZero
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ClandestineZero
Member since 2004 • 2477 Posts

[QUOTE="heavenlycheese"]cause really, no one seriously bought crackdown for crackdown, they bought it for beta. now that beta is over, the game is uselesselemental_drago

In general, one person shouldn't try to speak for all. It doesn't work like that. If you didn't like the game, that's one thing. Personally, I enjoyed the hell out of it and didn't even touch the beta code. For me, it was "Crackdown with bonus key I never planned on using."

KaizerChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KaizerChief
Member since 2005 • 235 Posts

truly i bought crackdown for crackdown unlike my brother who played crackdown for the beta

and if i were to speak my mind the beta sucked to me it only had 3 maps and i played valhala over and over and over again but that is jus me

Avatar image for ClandestineZero
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ClandestineZero
Member since 2004 • 2477 Posts

[QUOTE="heavenlycheese"]cause really, no one seriously bought crackdown for crackdown, they bought it for beta. now that beta is over, the game is uselesselemental_drago

Yeah, you basically nailed it.  Me too.  I love Halo, but I didn't want to play an unfinished, weapons-and-vehicles-missing Halo 3, especially not when I can't even make a custom game and avoid matchmaking. 

Bungholio55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Bungholio55
Member since 2006 • 618 Posts
No. Have you ever played Crackdown? I think I will enjoy Crackdown more than Halo 3. Because the Halo 3 Beta is almost the same as Halo 2.
DoctorFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DoctorFunk
Member since 2002 • 18740 Posts
Maybe. I only played the demo, and while it was fun, I think Halo 3 beta did help boost its sales.
gamerpaul21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gamerpaul21
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts
Crackdown is probably the best Matrix-like game we will ever see. Also its an awesome snadbox gameplay game.
INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts
i have heard this joke so many times it makes me want to cry. its as old as the game itself. ive literally heard it like 20 times, and everyone seems to think theyre the one who made it up and theyre a genius. i thought we would never have to hear it again now that the halo 2.5 beta is over but i guess i was wrong. crackdown was a good game and if you dont like it write a review or stfu. you dont need to make a thread about it.
INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts
and for the record i like halo but i was disappointed by the fact that the beta was halo 2 withbetter graphics, different maps and a couple new weapons and vehicles.
BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts
Crackdown with Metroid Suits 3 beta
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
and for the record i like halo but i was disappointed by the fact that the beta was halo 2 withbetter graphics, different maps and a couple new weapons and vehicles.INF1DEL
Better graphics, new maps, new weapons, new vehicles. What more could they add?
creekfan_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 creekfan_basic
Member since 2002 • 2539 Posts
Spoken like someone that has never played it.....I got crackdown for crackdown...ended up being one of my favorite 360 games that I still play now. Halo 3 beta was the icing on the cake
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts
i bought it with out needing the halo 3 beta
eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts
i must say i rented crackdown before the beta and was thrilled with the game. really reALLY FUN. the agility orb fever caught on to me. and that was such a shocking twist at the end. i nvr got a chance to play the DLC but boy i hear it's awesome. you're like god now i believe.
MIB911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MIB911
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
I unlike 99% of the ppl who posted got Crackdown for the Halo 3 Beta but was amazed at how great the game was and couldn't stop playin it. i have 1250 total to show for it! The Halo 3 Beta was just as fun to me though
Stockman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Stockman
Member since 2002 • 400 Posts

I bought Crackdown for the game itself, and then I tried the Beta and was horrified at how bad it was.

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts

Seriously the game is better then just about 98% of games on Ps3, you should try it. Plus there was a lot more sales of Crackdown then Halo 3 Beta Players. So people did buy Crackdown for Crackdown.

Avatar image for Light_Destroyer
Light_Destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Light_Destroyer
Member since 2004 • 2013 Posts

I bought Crackdown for Crackdown. The Halo 3 beta was a useless waste of disk space. I played the beta and after the first match started, it reminded me of just how boring Halo 2 was.

So, I put the beta down after a few boring matches and returned to Crackdown.

By the way, Crackdown is one of my favorite games of all time because of how fun it was to have a game that hap basic platforming elements that are missing from platformers.