Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GGGamer64
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

So here's the situation:

Two years ago, I moved away from Florida to Connecticut. So it's really hard to keep in contact with my old friends and visit at all. About 75% of people in my grade that play console have an Xbox one and the other 25% have a PlayStation 4. I was talking to my old friend, and he wanted me to get a PS4 so we could talk together. Also, the majority of people I knew in my old town played on Playstation. Although, I don't have a lot of money and the only way to get a quantity of money to buy a PS4 is sell my Xbox. To be honest though, I really don't think it's worth it because all the games that I like are on both consoles, so there would be no point in having both consoles. If it was 2014 or 2015, I would be all for it because the PS4 had some many things on the Xbox. But now the Xbox is doing or going to do really well, with Project Scorpio, Direct X12, etc. what should I do? If I really wanted to I could probably get a summer job (going into 8th grade). But, again, is it worth it?

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

I doesn't sound like it's worth it. Both systems are pretty similar if you don't care about any PlayStation exclusives. Save your money for next gen.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@gggamer64: You should look into the gaming library of both. There is a deficit, but if that doesn't bother you after research, then do whatever.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@gggamer64 said:

But now the Xbox is doing or going to do really well, with Project Scorpio, Direct X12, etc.

To be honest, those things (Scorpio, DX12) aren't going to improve your experience on your X1.

However, while you are missing out on online gaming with your old friends if you stay with MSFT, you are also gaining the opportunity to play with the new folks in your new school (since you said it's dominated by X1 users). Something to think about.

Arrowdrop4L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Arrowdrop4L
Member since 2016 • 13 Posts

I have both systems myself and to be honest the multi plat games looks better on ps4 but the gameplay is more consistently better on the xbox one. Have patience because it will pay off in the end when Scorpio and Neo comes out. Imo this console war is really gonna heat up and competition is good for business and us the consumer's

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I have both consoles and right now I wish I never bought the PS4.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

That's like asking; should I switch to crackhouse from mansion. :P

Anyhooie, No.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56339 Posts

@sukraj said:

I have both consoles and right now I wish I never bought the PS4.

Sell it on Craigslist.

Surprising you regret buying PS4. I loooove it! Got like over 15 digital games for it.

loyaltoxbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 loyaltoxbox
Member since 2016 • 32 Posts

Honestly it really depends on which games you want to play the most, I mean both systems are great and they have awsome features and games. But by my name, you probably know which console I have :P. In my opinion I prefer Xbox One because it's more multifunctional than the PS4(a mixture of gaming and multi-media in other words) whilse the Playstation 4 is just a gaming machine. And I'm the type of guy who wanted a bit of both, so the Xbox One was perfect for me, and anyway most of the games I wanted were on X1. At the end of the day no system is superior to another (except PC lol) it all depends on the individual and his tastes. And if you wanna keep in touch with your old friends, just talk to them via facebook, but playing with them on a console is a bit more tricky. But in my opinion keep the X1 because you will adapt to the new environment and since you said most of the people in your class have an Xbox One, you will be friends with them eventually, and you can play Xbox Live with them.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#10 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@davillain-: I regret buying mine so early too. All the games I bought it for either got cancelled or stil haven't come out. Silver lining is there's a couple of PS4 titles that I found out about at E3 that possible could make up for it. Persona 5 and Bound really wowed me at E3. Those were the two best games I saw on PS4.

But yeah I'm still salty about deep down, eq next, kingdom Underfire 2 and NMS either getting cancelled or still not being out. These were all titles announced pre PS4 launch years ago and they act like all of them except NMS never existed which is kinda typical Sony Modus Operandi to me.

Sony announces too many games way too early and their games take way too long to come out. I like hype and waiting so long makes me lose hype and then I start to not even care about games.

Last Guardian is a perfect example. Huge fan of Ico and SotC but taking multiple gens to release is just ugh.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56339 Posts

@oflow: I guess it really depends what games you're looking for when it comes to buying consoles day one when there release. I did my studies when deciding to buy both PS4/Xbox One and when MS did there missteps before launch, picking PS4 was no brainer due to the launch games I wanted to play for it like Killzone and Knack. (don't ask me about Knack but I thought it wasn't bad as many people say it is) Then over a year, I finally got my Xbox One and now, game on windows 10 more so. I'm personally not hype nor buying Last Guardian but it is on my list to pick it up if the reviews turn out to be okay.

To be honest, this years E3 wasn't anyhting good and the only PS4 game that got me hype is just Horizon: Zero Dawn, that's it.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@gggamer64: Is your buddy able to use skype on a PC? You can skype call from PC to Xbox. I used to do that all the time with a buddy whose ps4 mic broke, he used his laptop with a built in mic when we played games.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#13 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

If the libraries that you play are basically shared on both consoles, then stay where you are. If 75% are on Xbox then stay where they are, and skype with the other guy.