Should I sell my Xbox 360 and build a gaming pc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

harjyotbanwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 harjyotbanwait
Member since 2008 • 398 Posts

I have a Xbox 360 but I barely play it now. Is there any reason I should keep it? I am building a pc in december regardless but selling the 360 and all those games that I don't play much anymore could give me more money to get pc games and pc versions of my xbox 360 games. What do you think I should do?

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

If you don't play it enough to make it worth it to you I would just sell it then. I love my 360 but I use it everyday as well. I got rid of my Wii because I never played that thing. So yeah, if you feel you don't use it enough, might as well get more out of it now while you can.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
No. A gaming PC won't be able to run the best games in a matter of months while the Xbox 360 will be able to run every 360 game that ever comes out. I stopped dealing with gaming PCs years ago.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
No. A gaming PC won't be able to run the best games in a matter of months while the Xbox 360 will be able to run every 360 game that ever comes out. I stopped dealing with gaming PCs years ago. KC_Hokie
Well that's just certainly not true. If there aren't any games you're really looking forward to then you probably won't be playing it much more in the future. A gaming PC truely is worth it and I enjoy mine over my 360, but I still think a 360 and a PC go hand in hand. When I get bored of one, I can just go play the other. But if there aren't any major games coming out soon that you're interested in I wouldn't see the point of keeping it.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#5 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

I say keep your 360 and save your money up for the gaming PC. You never know you might regret selling your 360.

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#6 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

No. A gaming PC won't be able to run the best games in a matter of months while the Xbox 360 will be able to run every 360 game that ever comes out. I stopped dealing with gaming PCs years ago. KC_Hokie

That is a lie. As long as you get a good rig and graphic card it could last you for years.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

If my 360 was collecting dust... I would sell it.

Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
A gaming rig is worth it ten times over ANY console.
jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
don't sell it, there are still a good number of 360 exclusives coming that you will regret missing. You can sell your old games though if you want to get minimum trade in value
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#10 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I enjoy both my pc and 360 alot, so imo keep your 360 and also get a gamign pc if possible!

I play my PC about 60% of the time and my 360 40% of the time as far as these two gaming platforms go.

If you sell your 360, you might end up wishing you still had it when other games come out, so i would say keep it!

If you do get a good pc, it will last you a godo while and no you dont have to upgrade it all the time, thats a lie (plus is something goes worng its cheap to replace one part).

Maybe sell 90% of your 360 games (ones you dont play) and keep your 360 console (plus one or two games you enjoy?). Just a thought.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Thats not true, my pc is 2 years old almost and i can still paly new games at highest graphics, also the best looking games i can play great aswell still (Stalker and crysis). You can add a new graphics card or CPU every 3 years if you want, but you saying EVERY few months you have ot upgrade is FALSE.

ChamomileBaths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 ChamomileBaths
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts

I like having a console to play my games on for company. When company comes over I have a Wii. Because of Smash, Wii Sports, Tiger 10, and Mario Kart Wii it's probably my most serious gaming system.

Having a game like Bomberman Live, Castle Crashers, or Halo 3 for 360 is similar. Lots of company enjoy those games too and we can play them together.

PC isn't so friendly for that. But you can do it. I mean if you're like me, I like having as little as possible. So I'd get rid of the 360 if I was you and re buy only the games I liked best on the PC. Start over. Plus, I mean there's plenty of indie games on PC that a big part of that scene. So even if your computer struggles to play the latest games 4 years down the road the indie games will always be around and people still play Counter Strike from 11 years ago. Classics are more timeless on PC.

So if nothing appeals to you get rid of it and rebuy the essential games but make sure you've got a big computer monitor and some single computer, multiplayer games.