Should I re-buy HALO 3 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bahaa3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Bahaa3000
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts

I bought the game when it came out , didnt play any online because I didnt have Xbox live gold

sold it 8 months ago

Now.......i got Xbox Live gold , should I go and re-buy a used Halo3 ? Is the multiplayer worth it ? (or playing the campaine on co-op)

death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#2 death919
Member since 2004 • 4724 Posts
OHHHHH!!! The multiplayer is amazing, some of the best on the 360, and with the release of Mythic Map Pack today, there's going to be a ton of people playing it. I definitely recommend it, plus it should be cheap now since it's been out for almost 2 years.
ShadowedSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ShadowedSight
Member since 2008 • 1902 Posts

I think the multiplayer is some of the best on 360, but that is just my opinion.

Deff pick it up again.

FAB_GS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FAB_GS
Member since 2009 • 161 Posts
I totally recommend buying it again.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

no

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#6 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Get it. It's a year and a half old now, but it's still the only shooter I play on a regular basis. Sure, Gears 2 or COD4 when my friends ask me to, but Halo 3 is the only one I ever return to. I think you'll like it quite a bit.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#7 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

The multiplayer is fantastic. If you got rid of Halo 3 because you didn't have much to do with it with out Live, then go ahead. If you got rid of it because you did not fancy the gameplay how ever, don't. Halo 3 doesn't magically become a completely different game simply because you have an Ethernet cable attached to your box.

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

I say no cuz its like 40 bucks now and that means u paid $100 dollars for it, just get another game that has a great online like cod4 or SFIV

Jdon2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jdon2008
Member since 2008 • 465 Posts

Well i would say no because i dont like the multiplayer, maybe you ahould rent it and see how you like it.

Sherjas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sherjas24
Member since 2007 • 665 Posts
Get COD:WAW it has a huge online community right now. But you cannot go wrong with Halo 3 either unless you are a die hard COD kind of guy.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

multiplayer is what made halo so popular in the first place... so... yes

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Why yes you should and you have some new maps to catch up on.
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

Believe me, there's nothing more satisfying than cutting a warthog in half with a brute chopper, specially on the map sandtrap when 3 people are driving it, or hijacking a moving elephant.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts
It's good, but my connection wasn't exactly fast enough and I found CoD4 way more fun. But yeah, it's worth it.
ChAoS_UNLEASHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 ChAoS_UNLEASHD
Member since 2008 • 228 Posts

if you got gold yes definitely, halo 3 is tehsh*t for online. I've had mine since the day it came out and still play it online rather frequently.

RendFou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RendFou
Member since 2009 • 362 Posts

I'm probably going to catch some **** for saying this, but IMO anyone who plays shooters and owns a 360 should have their own copy of Halo 3. The multiplayer mode in itself is worth the price in itself. Then again, the campaign is worth its price alone too. I can't really think of much I dont like about the game.

The co-op on it's campaign can be laggy from time to time when you play it online, but other than that its still lots of fun to play. I've beat it's campaign many times over and I still love playing it on a fairly regular basis in both single player and co-op. IMO it has the best campaign of any game in the series, rivaled only by Combat Evolved. The game even now doesn't show it's age in terms of graphics either.

The online multiplayer speaks for itself really. Lots of people like to hate on the game but it's the most played game on Xbox Live for a reason. For me and for most of the 360 gamers I know as well, the multiplayer almost never gets old. Right now I'm not playing it as often as I usually do since I played it for an immense amount of time since I got my 360 several months ago. That said Halo 3 remains a part of my daily routine. Even though lately I've been more occupied with Left 4 Dead's multiplayer I still play Halo 3 online for several hours every day. The possibilities with the gametypes, maps, and editing with Forge are limitless as well which adds to the multiplayer experience. That degree of customization in online play was pretty much unheard of in console gaming prior to H3's release, and its something that many developers have been trying to emulate since. To this day I have yet to see a game that has been able to accomplish that, let alone surpass it.

On top of all that good **** there's a perhaps greater element to it. The experience of playing Halo 3 with your friends is simply a phenomenon. I can't describe it, but there's something very staisfying and incredibly entertaining when I end my day chilling in my room playing Halo with my friends.

In short, yes, re-buy the game.

RendFou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RendFou
Member since 2009 • 362 Posts

By the way if you do end up buying it again and you need friends to play with add me if you want. I'm always looking for new people to play with and I'm online for the majority of my day pretty much everyday.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Yeah considering its $40 new
R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts

yes you should re-buy it. The multiplayer is one of my favorites of all-time, and now some of the map packs are free so get it now!

sunnystarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 sunnystarz
Member since 2007 • 1536 Posts
according to your sig i think you may have already bought it good for you... halo3 is the ultimate-multiplayer players game... it does get bash on alot on this site but nothing really live up to it in term of sheer fun and MULTI-player madness
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

I say no cuz its like 40 bucks now and that means u paid $100 dollars for it, just get another game that has a great online like cod4 or SFIV

x8VXU6
worst...logic...ever
choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
that means u paid $100 dollars for itx8VXU6
Two things: 1. Worst logic I've seen on GameSpot in a long time 2. Where do you buy your games for $100!?!!
BatP59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BatP59
Member since 2009 • 106 Posts
For sure! Halo 3 is still one of my favourite games, and the multiplayer is great.
xGhostShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xGhostShadow
Member since 2009 • 55 Posts
No Try To updeat You Online System
PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PrincePwnStar
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

I'll sell one of my copies for $20.00(+shipping). The game works and has instruction manual. It is just in a ghetto box. I bought it used to play co op with a friend who brough his xbox down when visiting because he forgot his copy.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chaoscougar1
No Try To updeat You Online SystemxGhostShadow
huh? what are u trying to say?
xthejag10x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xthejag10x
Member since 2007 • 845 Posts

I guess you should. It's not the greatest game ever, but you should probably have it in your arsenal of games. IMO Campaign-wise the game is too short and overhyped with all those commercials they did like the battle in the "Believe" commercial. Multiplayer-wise the game is un-ending fun with so much to do and all these maps that Bungie has dished out it keeps getting better...Let's just hope that Halo 3 ODST will make up for the shortness of this game.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chaoscougar1

I guess you should. It's not the greatest game ever, but you should probably have it in your arsenal of games. IMO Campaign-wise the game is too short and overhyped with all those commercials they did like the battle in the "Believe" commercial. Multiplayer-wise the game is un-ending fun with so much to do and all these maps that Bungie has dished out it keeps getting better...Let's just hope that Halo 3 ODST will make up for the shortness of this game.

xthejag10x
i dont think it will, its more of an expansion that an entirely new game, the campaign wont break any longevity barriers
R_MAHIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 R_MAHIL
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts

I bought the game when it came out , didnt play any online because I didnt have Xbox live gold

sold it 8 months ago

Now.......i got Xbox Live gold , should I go and re-buy a used Halo3 ? Is the multiplayer worth it ? (or playing the campaine on co-op)

Bahaa3000
in a word, yes.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts

The multiplayer is fantastic. If you got rid of Halo 3 because you didn't have much to do with it with out Live, then go ahead. If you got rid of it because you did not fancy the gameplay how ever, don't. Halo 3 doesn't magically become a completely different game simply because you have an Ethernet cable attached to your box.

vashkey
Yes it kind of does.
redmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 redmagic123
Member since 2003 • 566 Posts
Yes definitely, its the only game that I can honestly tell you I still enjoy playing the multiplayer on after being out for more then a couple months let alone the 1.5 years so far.
Avatar image for noONEbreaks1715
noONEbreaks1715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 noONEbreaks1715
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts
Of course u should re buy it, what a question? Halo multiplayer ftwns o/