Should I just buy a new xbox 360 controller?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mew3692002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Mew3692002
Member since 2005 • 69 Posts

I just encountered a problem today with my xbox 360 controller, my controller kept disconnecting and reconnecting while I was playing a game and I found that there was red liquid issuing forth from my controller. My first thought was that the batteries leaked inside the controller and used a towel to remove the batteries from the battery pack. Fortunately, the batteries had not leaked and were quite dry but there was still this red liquid coming from the controller every time I would press a button (mostly the trigger buttons).

I was confused until I looked inside the box I've been putting my controller in (the same box I got my new xbox 360 in after it got replaced) and found that there was blood inside the box, apparently it was from one of the cats killing some creature and then depositing it inside the box while I was out of the room.

So the controller bleeds now.:(

I decided to put the controller face down (buttons and joystick are upside down) and hoped that the blood would be out of the inside of the controller when I got back. Unfortunately, it seems that neither the joysticks work, the d-pad only will go up, down, and right, and all the buttons do not respond at all (except for the X button in the middle of the controller). The triggers do seem to work but I can't play a game with my controller like this. Is there a way to air the controller out or do I just have to buy a whole new one? Thanks!

Correction: The cat originally "relieved" himself in my box but I thought putting in the idea that my controller bleeding would make the story better than it was.

hyghwayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hyghwayman
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Dang, thats sick and funny at the same time. I would be looking at buying another one ASAP.

YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 YoBrandino
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

Yeah, get another controller already. Gross.

When you took it out of the box the first time, how did you not notice blood all over it? Cause it would have to be on it to have gotten in it. I'd read the manual or what not on cleaning option and instructions, but I'd still get a new controller if you don't already have others, and then if you can clean this one keep it as a second or extra controller. And if not, then throw it away.

Mew3692002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mew3692002

Thanks! Yeah, I think I will.

Well, when I did take it out of the box, I only looked at it long enough to press the X in the center and since I usually wash my hands before I picked up the controller and they still weren't completely dry, so I didn't notice anything unusual.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
You had the blood of some rabid creature spewing from your controller that no longer works and felt the need to ask if you needed to get a new one? Or you just wanted to tell us that story, which was awesome BTW.
IOwnsGh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 IOwnsGh2
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

Dude, that is the most EPIC controller failure story i've ever heard, and the only controller failure story i've ever heard. Be thankful you didn't get some on your fingers and lick it to see what it tasted like:) i would have thought it was some kind of juice or something that a friend or i had spilled on it.

Mew3692002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mew3692002

Thanks! Although now I can't play Mass Effect because my controller is broken.

Originally the cat just peed in the box that I put the controller in but I thought that saying, "so my controller bleeds now" would sound way better than "now my controller pees". Glad you enjoyed my story!

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Just buy another controller.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#9 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

New Controller, sounds pretty gross when you are playing and blood starts leaking.