Should I get a new XBOX360 and trade-in other game console for $$$ off?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Sonny360Elite (1593 posts) -
I have an old Wii that I've considered trading in before but I never did. I held onto it and it collects dust! New technology continues to come out and makes this stuff outdated. I have Wii Fit with Balance board for it and that's why I never wanted to sell it but I never use the Wii fit anyway. It seems like a good time to trade it. I can get $75 for it but the $75 will need to be spent on a new XBOX360. Should I buy a new XBOX360? The 360 would be at most $180 after trading the Wii and using the credit. I'd be trading for a 250GB 360 that would replace my 60GB Pro. I really don't play games that much though. I just play sports games every now and then. I would then take my older 360 and put it downstairs so that my parents could use it for Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, DVD's, etc. I can also play games if I feel like it down there. My 360 doesn't have WiFi so I can't stand that. Limited space is a bit of a pain, though I don't actually need the space but it would be nice to be able to have all the games and videos that I overpaid for a long time ago on the marketplace. It's also old and might crap out at any time (then I would definitely want another 360 right away) I'm almost thinking I shouldn't bother buying a new one since I have it already but I'm on the fence. I always wanted the newer one and this could break at anytime. Black Friday will probably be a good time to get one. I see the new Wii U and talks of new systems and I'm not sure I should buy the 360 yet. What do you all think I should do?
#2 Posted by super600 (32423 posts) -

If your old xbox is hungry for space just buy a new one with that trade in deal at Gamestop, but you do know you're not going to get a lot of money from selling all the Wii accesories and games and the Wii itself.

#3 Posted by ebrezzy1 (1427 posts) -

buy more 360 games

Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
#4 Posted by Cyanide4Suicid3 (733 posts) -

Never trade in a console... I wish I still had my PS3.

MOD - Please don't mention other platforms in the platform-specific boards. That's for System Wars.