Should I buy Witcher 2 or Skyrim

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slugger909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slugger909
Member since 2009 • 294 Posts
Both of these games are about the same price, and I'm fairly new to RPGs. Just wondering which one is a better game?
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

id go with Witcher 2 but being new to rpgs, you might enjoy Skyrim more?

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

good god the witcher 2, skyrim is so boring, the combat is dull, the story doesnt draw me in, theres no really likable characters as their all about as deep as a puddle , there are so many glitches its insane, . luckily i got it for 25 bux on black friday.

These are just my OPINIONS however, just thought id give my view since everyone i knew hyped up skyrim over dragons dogma which i highly regret my purchase

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#4 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Well it depends on what you're looking for, the two are VERY different RPG's.

Skyrim is a massive open-world RPG that fully explore and play any kind of character you want, any kind of way you want. You can kill who you want to kill, go where you want to go etc....you play the game however you want. It has a wide variety of side missions as well and it has far more content than Witcher 2.

Witcher 2 is chapter based and is more story focused, it also has higher production values than Skyrim with it's better graphics and tech. But it won't last you as long and it's a pretty linear game, but a good one.

So it really comes down to what style you like more. Personally I prefer Skyrim, but Witcher 2 is definitely very good as well. It's really the only 360 game I'm jealous of (my 360 barely works anymore). :P

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
You're new to RPG's ? Then I reccomend Bayonetta and Arkham City, simply because they are NOT RPG's. I wish I had your innocense.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
SKYRIM by far
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#7 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Witcher 2 is the better game But if you are new to RPGs it would be a lot harder to notice all the problems Skyrim has and it would probably keep you playing longer.
halokillerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 halokillerz
Member since 2004 • 3406 Posts

Both are great games and you can't go wrong with either. If you can't afford to get many games, but you play alot, then easily skyrim. Otherwise choose which looks like it suits you more

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

Both dude, you should buy them both. Trust me on this one! Go rob a bank o bank or something .. I don't care but you have to get them both!

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#10 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
Didn't like Witcher 2 much at all. Good story but interface is confusing and RPG elements are lacking.
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Didn't like Witcher 2 much at all. Good story but interface is confusing and RPG elements are lacking.MaddenBowler10
RPG elements are always lacking, thats why they're called RPG Elements.
hardyz200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 hardyz200
Member since 2010 • 543 Posts

loved both games but im going to give the edge to skyrim the worlds better and the combat is better the only thing witcher 2 is got over it is the story which is fantastic

Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
You say you're new to RPGs, which begs the question: what is it that appeals to you about the genre? Have you played any other RPGs? If so, which one(s)? What did you like about those games? If you've never played an RPG, why are you interested in Skyrim and The Witcher 2? What sort of experience are you hoping to get from your foray into the genre? Without knowing a little about your previous experiences or your expectations, it's impossible to recommend either game.
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

loved both games but im going to give the edge to skyrim the worlds better and the combat is better the only thing witcher 2 is got over it is the story which is fantastic

hardyz200
i really gotta disagree with the combat part whats so exciting about skyrims
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Well it depends on what you're looking for, the two are VERY different RPG's.

Skyrim is a massive open-world RPG that fully explore and play any kind of character you want, any kind of way you want. You can kill who you want to kill, go where you want to go etc....you play the game however you want. It has a wide variety of side missions as well and it has far more content than Witcher 2.

Witcher 2 is chapter based and is more story focused, it also has higher production values than Skyrim with it's better graphics and tech. But it won't last you as long and it's a pretty linear game, but a good one.

So it really comes down to what style you like more. Personally I prefer Skyrim, but Witcher 2 is definitely very good as well. It's really the only 360 game I'm jealous of (my 360 barely works anymore). :P

ShadowMoses900

Are we talking about the 360?? Really?

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Skyrim by a longshot. I don't know, I played Witcher 2 for a good 5 or 6 hours and finally realized I just wasn't into it.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#17 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Skyrim hands down.
pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#18 pspitus
Member since 2006 • 2397 Posts
Both of these games are about the same price, and I'm fairly new to RPGs. Just wondering which one is a better game?slugger909
Both games are incredibly amazing RPGs, but are both completely different in terms of gameplay. I would say if you're new to RPGs, go with Skyrim since it gives you the freedom to practically do whatever you want :P.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I'd go with both, but if you have to pick just one I'd go with Skyrim especially since your new to RPGs. The Witcher has more of a learning learning curve. The whole parry system, having two different types of swords, with each type working better on different kinds of enemies. Also the whole potion brewing, and resting system are more complex, and more important in TW2.

Maybe you can download both demos and check them out. See which one is a better fit for you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
Witcher 2 by far as a much deeper RPG system, has a more satisfying combat engine, rewards thinking and preparation, and has a much more focused and mature story. Skyrim has the novelty of being big. I'd describe it as an ocean of content with the depth of a kiddy pool. Still a great game, but which is the better RPG? I'd put my money on Witcher 2. Be warned that Witcher 2 is pretty difficult at first glance. It is trial by fire. Probably not Dark Souls difficult, but it takes time before you feel confident kicking ass. If you're really new to RPGs, Skyrim's the better choice, though if you want to take the risk, Witcher 2 delivers a more satisfying experience.
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

Both of these games are about the same price, and I'm fairly new to RPGs. Just wondering which one is a better game?slugger909
skyrim.

but if you ccan get skyrim for PC get the PC version instead. The mods make it waaaaay better on PC.

Husko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Husko
Member since 2003 • 162 Posts
I played skyrim in between jobs so I had A LOT of time to play it. Found I could nearly beat the main quest in an extremely short amount of time. The open world iof skyrim s great but most of it feels like its up for interpretation. And, for a guy like me, is to easy to exploit wich ultimately makes it feel like a cluster buck of side quests with no real meaningful content. That doesn't mean it's not a fun game. For me, it only means it becomes a chore to play after the main quest. Bwuahaha Plus the horse ruined the game as it might as well be a lego block i pretend to ride. (ah yes I am a red dead fan) I purchased witcher 2. haven't played it yet.
JodileGamers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JodileGamers
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts

They are two different types of RPG, if you want a really solid storyline and focus on that main story, better graphics and less bugging, you should go with Witcher 2, but if you want a massive world open game, where there are lots of stuff to do, and a game that you start to think it's never going to be totally completed, then you should buy Skyrim.

I prefer Skyrim :D

Maverick6575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Maverick6575
Member since 2012 • 230 Posts

I've never played any of the Witchers, but I loved Skyrim

dalipower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dalipower
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts
I have both...but play the witcher 2 its funner skirym is borring sometimes..ore reckoning
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Flip a coin... both are extraordinary. If you want a more open ended experience with a custom character, go Skyrim. If you want a more narrative driven experience, go Witcher.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts
I prefered Witcher 2... but that's just me.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Skyrim

kyletoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kyletoker
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts

both if you can but skyrim first

boredom_kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 boredom_kills
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

I played Skyrim for about 130 hours, and loved it. I've not played The Witcher 2, although it's on my LONG list of games I must buy.

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons for a moment, have you considered Fallout 3? I played that for even longer than I played Skyrim... and if you're new to RPG's it might be a nice way to bring in the RPG elements but keep more familiar mechanics (like shooting!) in place. Just a thought...

suade907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 suade907
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

Witcher 2 IMO has one of the best combat systems out there especially for a RPG. The battles are hard but very rewarding and it's fun to try them again. Skyrim is awesome as well but the game puts me to sleep after a while. Both are great but IMO I'd only get Skyrim if you have tons of time to put into the story reading and such. There are tons of books laying around with lots of back story. I think if you like that then you'll get more out of skyrim. 

My suggestion is to buy witcher 2 beat it and then sell it and get skyrim and you'll be set for many months.