Shoudl Fable 3 have rated higher?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

simo98088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 simo98088
Member since 2003 • 927 Posts

I beleive the ppl think Fallout New Vegas is deserving of a higher review..

How about Fable 3.. why so low? is it improved upon the 2nd?

whats the deal?

Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

I think it's way better than the 2nd Fable and don't understand the low score that it was given. I think that the game is much more enjoyable to play and to look at. I guess the reasoning is that not enough changed from the 2nd game? Or that it wasn't as good as they had hoped?

I don't know, but I think it deserved at least an 8.5 since that's what Fable 2 got, if not a 9 since I feel that it's better.

Agrzybianek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Agrzybianek
Member since 2010 • 105 Posts
i agree Fable 3 got one of those unfair scores like Breakdown back on the old xbox. it was a great game and i really enjoyed it and it got like a 4.5/10 I find fable 3 more enjoyable than fable 2
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="Patrickbrown56"]

I think it's way better than the 2nd Fable and don't understand the low score that it was given. I think that the game is much more enjoyable to play and to look at. I guess the reasoning is that not enough changed from the 2nd game? Or that it wasn't as good as they had hoped?

I don't know, but I think it deserved at least an 8.5 since that's what Fable 2 got, if not a 9 since I feel that it's better.

I haven't Fable 3 and I'm actually waiting for the PC version. If you say it's way better than Fable 2, then it should at least be an 8.0-8.5. More importantly, did any notice that the hype for this game kinda just vanished after the low ratings? I guess people weren't expecting it to do great because of Fable 2? I dont know. I'm still going to give this game a try when the PC version releases.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Does it matter what it gets? All that matters is if you enjoy it.
AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AbleFa3
Member since 2010 • 901 Posts

All of Fable 3, Vegas, Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect 1 are a pure 10/10 to me

now if Gamespot gives them 7/10 is another matter, just their opinion, nothing more

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Was to short a game even though i enjoyed it..Beat the thing in a week..Its a shame what happens to games these days..Not enough content for my tastes..Man i miss those days when you bought a game an it had over 100 hours..Now those where rpgs..Even the old nintendo games had more hours..Its understandable why with todays graphics..How ever look at mass effect 2 an dragon age..Those games have well over 40 hours in them..Fable 3 was just not enough for myself..Not enough boss mobs..Had over a few mill within a few days of work..Enjoyed playing the lute that was kind of fun..Reminded me of a mini rock band stuff just with bad songs lol..

shutedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shutedude
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
yeah i wish it had alot more storyline but one of the main reasons it got reviewed so low was because of all the bugs.
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
[QUOTE="simo98088"]

I beleive the ppl think Fallout New Vegas is deserving of a higher review..

How about Fable 3.. why so low? is it improved upon the 2nd?

whats the deal?

it should be rated much higher....so should fallout new vegas
AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AbleFa3
Member since 2010 • 901 Posts

Was to short a game even though i enjoyed it..Beat the thing in a week..Its a shame what happens to games these days..Not enough content for my tastes..Man i miss those days when you bought a game an it had over 100 hours..Now those where rpgs..Even the old nintendo games had more hours..Its understandable why with todays graphics..How ever look at mass effect 2 an dragon age..Those games have well over 40 hours in them..Fable 3 was just not enough for myself..Not enough boss mobs..Had over a few mill within a few days of work..Enjoyed playing the lute that was kind of fun..Reminded me of a mini rock band stuff just with bad songs lol..

Gladestone1

A week ? That is huge

I am playing Fable 3 for 4 days now and have found only half its secrets, and of course cant see everything unless i play once more as evil female, so the game will last me about a week and a half overall

Now compare that to theone single dayit took me to finish Gears 1-2, Uncharted 1-2, Killzone 2, Halo Reach, Heavy Rain, LBP, MGS4, Alan Wakeetc and Fable 3 seems to be like 10 other games put together in length

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts
[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

[QUOTE="Gladestone1"]

A week ? That is huge

I am playing Fable 3 for 4 days now and have found only half its secrets, and of course cant see everything unless i play once more as evil female, so the game will last me about a week and a half overall

Now compare that to theone single dayit took me to finish Gears 1-2, Uncharted 1-2, Killzone 2, Halo Reach, Heavy Rain, LBP, MGS4, Alan Wakeetc and Fable 3 seems to be like 10 other games put together in length

Fable 3 just isn't that good Saolin, you really just have to accept that. The game is a flop.
oOHarlequinOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 oOHarlequinOo
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Does it matter what it gets? All that matters is if you enjoy it. Sepewrath

Well you see... with people, they listen to the media, and I would have to admit that even being a big Fable franchise fan I probably wouldn't have gotten the game until much later. My cousin just happened to get the game last weekend and I was so gob smacked by the game i'm now getting a XBOX 360 Slim today just so I can play Fable III :p (I actually bought the game a few days ago, was lucky to find a Collectors Edition sitting on a shelf at Harvey Norman). But my point is that people listen to the media and if the media say something is bad most people will just believe it is without giving it a second thought. Unless your a fan of the franchise or word spreads though friends or family. The low rating from Gamespot is probably the reason the hype died down.

Dawnclaude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dawnclaude
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Its nice, but no highlight. Anyway maybe its a motivation for Lionhead to make a perfect Fable 4 :)
oOHarlequinOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 oOHarlequinOo
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Its nice, but no highlight. Anyway maybe its a motivation for Lionhead to make a perfect Fable 4 :)Dawnclaude
Haha me and brother had a chat about it and we were thinking it'd be awesome if there were pirates and you could own your own ship and customize it :p I could totally imagine Fable IV doing that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#15 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
It looked too much like Fable 2 (real estate management, wood cutting as opposed to what the first one great).
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
yes its great game
GodzillavsXenu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GodzillavsXenu
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts
I enjoyed it, but I think the metacritic score is about right. I did not like that the final third part of the game seemed to rely on what I think of as a "social gaming" mechanic. I had tons of money anyway, as I tend to play RPGs carefully and slowly, and I've bought properties in other games (like Oblivion etc) but it was a bit too transparent that you were expected to buy an maintain real estate (it made me think of Farmville) in order to deal satisfactorily with the ending daily quests. I also thought the game was too easy, if you are even a mildly careful or aware gamer it was possible to play the entire game without being knocked out even once. I had little incentive to play any co-op, because I can only imagine what a cakewalk the game must be with two players. As far as New Vegas goes, I think it should have gotten lower scores. I loved the game for the most part and found the quests and writing far superior to F3, but the fact that they released FNV with the same engine and even more bugs that could break your game was inexcusable. I was also deeply disappointed that the map design did a piss poor job of hiding invisible walls, which are a total immersion breaker to me when they are right out in the open. FNV is also the only game I have ever played that appeared to have at least one area where there were NO textures applied, or that the final ones had not been. I ran into an area off the beaten path where there was just solid colors on some rocks and no texture at all (game was installed, and no textures "popped" despite staying in the area for over a minute). I also remember a cave where you could see the "underside" of the cave build, in that there was a gap between a rock and a wall and what was visible underneath looked like something you'd normally call a photoshop oversight - you could clearly see that someone had been working on this area but got sloppy and left a gap they thought no one would notice. None of that would matter as much if it weren't for the fact that I also encountered 2 game breaking bugs that forced me to go hours back in my saves twice, and from the entries at the Fallout wiki from other users it would appear there are an endless amount of bugs and gltiches relating to quests, companions and locations. At some point, no matter how good the game is, you have to call it out for brazen complacency or incompetence (or just disregard for the gamers who spent money on their game).
Avatar image for Tormenter_of_Pa
Tormenter_of_Pa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Tormenter_of_Pa
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts
I think fable 3 should have gotten a higher rating than its 7.5/10 (i think). But these reviews are just the critics review, really if you find the game enjoyable then rate it what you think it should. The rating doesn't matter as much as its enjoyment level to the player.