Shadowrun is a rip

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pixelgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pixelgen
Member since 2006 • 633 Posts

I paid £40/$80 for Shadowrun and its an ass to find a game online. I've waited up to20minutes once just for a game and then it crashed 10minutes in. I cant believe MS would charge full price for a game with only 9maps and 2game types.

It's a good concept but badly done.

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
The shadowrun fanatics are going to tear you apart.
ihateyou_right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 ihateyou_right
Member since 2005 • 1295 Posts

What it doesn't take that long to find a game about a minute or two and if it doesn't find a suitible game within 5mins it sets up a new lobby for you so what are you on about??

oo769er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 oo769er
Member since 2003 • 2539 Posts

The shadowrun fanatics are going to tear you apart.Trickshot771

Is there really Shadowrun fanatics out there?! LOL so sad. 

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

[QUOTE="Trickshot771"]The shadowrun fanatics are going to tear you apart.oo769er

So you find it sad that people like to play an awesome, extraordinarily underrated game?  I think it's sad that people let Jeff Gerstman make up their minds for them. 

It's a great game, and I'm sorry if you had trouble, but I get into a game within a minute or so... it's comparable to the time it takes to get into a game of Halo.  Maybe your NAT settings are closed.

Pixelgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pixelgen

Don't get me wrong I think the game is great up to a point, But and its a big BUT.

1 There's only 9 maps.

2 Only two game types.

3 Graphics are pooo.

4 O and there's 40 other reason not to buy this game "£40"

I had thought the new gears maps where a rip, but MS really milked the cow this time......

Yogurt1701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Yogurt1701
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts

I'm sorry to hear you paid full price for it. Are you in the UK? If so, did you buy it off the high street?

The reason I ask is that most online retailers were selling it for 32 quid, which is the most I'd be happy to pay for it.

On the whole I've enjoyed Shadowrun, & I personally have never has to wait more than 8 minutes to join a game. Though I do feel it should have more matchmaking options. I just hope you can enjoy it too.

If your still feeling sore, think on this, I paid full price for Superman Returns!!!! Not good. & If that doesn't make you feel better, this one will. My mate paid fifty quid for Star Trek Legacy!!!!! So remember, there is always sum1 worse off than yourself :)

oo769er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 oo769er
Member since 2003 • 2539 Posts
[QUOTE="oo769er"]

[QUOTE="Trickshot771"]The shadowrun fanatics are going to tear you apart.donalbane

So you find it sad that people like to play an awesome, extraordinarily underrated game? I think it's sad that people let Jeff Gerstman make up their minds for them.

It's a great game, and I'm sorry if you had trouble, but I get into a game within a minute or so... it's comparable to the time it takes to get into a game of Halo. Maybe your NAT settings are closed.

I'm glad you like it but i'm going to wait for a real online game like UT instead. 

Elementguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Elementguy13
Member since 2005 • 2950 Posts
gears of war is the most popular game on xbox live and it takes more then 5 minutes to find a game.
Elementguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Elementguy13
Member since 2005 • 2950 Posts

gears of war is the most popular game on xbox live and it takes more then 5 minutes to find a game.Elementguy13

or should I say get one going..

Pixelgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pixelgen
[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="oo769er"]

[QUOTE="Trickshot771"]The shadowrun fanatics are going to tear you apart.oo769er

So you find it sad that people like to play an awesome, extraordinarily underrated game? I think it's sad that people let Jeff Gerstman make up their minds for them.

It's a great game, and I'm sorry if you had trouble, but I get into a game within a minute or so... it's comparable to the time it takes to get into a game of Halo. Maybe your NAT settings are closed.

I'm glad you like it but i'm going to wait for a real online game like UT instead. 

Bring on UT3.

ihateyou_right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 ihateyou_right
Member since 2005 • 1295 Posts

I'm sorry to hear you paid full price for it. Are you in the UK? If so, did you buy it off the high street?

The reason I ask is that most online retailers were selling it for 32 quid, which is the most I'd be happy to pay for it.

On the whole I've enjoyed Shadowrun, & I personally have never has to wait more than 8 minutes to join a game. Though I do feel it should have more matchmaking options. I just hope you can enjoy it too.

If your still feeling sore, think on this, I paid full price for Superman Returns!!!! Not good. & If that doesn't make you feel better, this one will. My mate paid fifty quid for Star Trek Legacy!!!!! So remember, there is always sum1 worse off than yourself :)

Yogurt1701

Ouch sorry to have to hear about superman and startreck that must have hurt, but you are right you never have to ppay retail price for a game even here in the UK if your willing to order offline rather than buy from the highstreet.

skixwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skixwolf
Member since 2004 • 4013 Posts

I paid £40/$80 for Shadowrun and its an ass to find a game online. I've waited up to20minutes once just for a game and then it crashed 10minutes in. I cant believe MS would charge full price for a game with only 9maps and 2game types.

Pixelgen

Are you sur eyou played it? Because it has 3 game types; and you should have done research before hand, before buying a game... atleast find out WHAT you are getting yourself into before you hand them £40
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts

Shadowrun is one of the best $60 purchases I've made for my 360, and I have pretty much all of the AAA titles.  It sounds like your problem finding a match is on your end, and like mentioned before probably has to do with your NAT.  I've never waited more than a few minutes to get a match launched, usually less time than starting a gears or graw match.

I'll still keep laughing at all of the people (most of whom haven't played it) spewing hot air while bashing the graphics, "lack" of maps, modes, etc...  I'll still keep having a blast with it.  It's only a rip off if you don't like playing it, and it seems that almost everyone who's bought it loves it.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
The shadowrun fanatics are going to tear you apart.Trickshot771
I was ging to but I don't feel like wasting my time trying to explain how truely awesome this game is to a nonbeliever. I did enough of that the past few days.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ninjaxams

sigh, lots of children on today I see...
adamslap2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 adamslap2003
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I haven't played it yet, but I looks like a game for 12 year olds.

jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts

adamslap2003

In that case it's probably right up your alley.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ninjaxams

adamslap2003
you can't be serious.....ingorance is bliss then huh?
e2116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 e2116
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
What a freakin tard....First of all if you paid $80 for Shadowrun, microsoft didnt rip you off the store you bought it from did...and hard to find a game..maybe 1 or 2 mins at tops unless you have a slow connection..Yea 9 maps,, is that really bad...gears only had 6....and to say that Shadowrun only has 2 game types..have you even put the game in the console..(Raid, Attriation, Extraction) thats three if i can count...and uhh can i ask how many game types gears started out with....Also if you read any of the fourms for shadowrun, fasa studio is plaining on haveing 5 or 6 new maps, new weapons, and new game types..so quit bashing a game you know nothing about.. 

Pixelgen
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

Pixelgen

I have never been interested in this game. To me, the concept just.....sucks. Technology/Weapons + Magic/Spells. Its like Everquest and BF2 merged.   :shock:

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="oo769er"]

Yeah, I like games that take no skill too! I love the 'ol jump/snipe or the always popular jump/rocket combo......so fun. :roll:

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#23 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
I have no idea how it takes some people so long to find a match online. It takes me 3 minutes tops.