Section 8 Demo....horrible...

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deadly_shuriken
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deadly_shuriken
Member since 2009 • 1086 Posts

Wow this game is going to suck big time....

It tries to copy Halo- FAIL

The graphics suck - FAIL

The menu screens are impossible to understand - FAIL

The aiming sucks and the guns are mediocre - FAIL

Did anyone actually enjoy the demo, apart from the respawning feature where you're falling from the sky (it gets annoying after a while)

Brak_N_Zorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Brak_N_Zorak
Member since 2003 • 969 Posts
i agree. i just finished the demo and is nothing special.
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts
It's not trying to copy Halo, it's actually more in the sense of Tribes or even to an extent Planetside. The graphics honestly weren't that bad. They weren't epic, but they weren't terrible. I'm not 100% sure how you didn't understand the menus but they made perfect sense to me. The aiming has a lock on feature which you're supposed to utilize and there are devices and add ons that help you with that feature. The guns aren't that bad actually, pretty basic but then again, it is a demo. I enjoyed it, not sure if I'll get the game because there's so much other stuff coming out, but the demo wasn't bad and if it was a slow season for games, I'd consider picking this up. I still might.
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
nah i enjoyed it too, the armor kinda looked like halo, thats for sure, but it was pretty fun, the guns all look and feel the same, how u didn't understand the menu is beyond me unless u can't read english? and the aiming i don't much care for that its alright... lol
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deadly_shuriken
nah i enjoyed it too, the armor kinda looked like halo, thats for sure, but it was pretty fun, the guns all look and feel the same, how u didn't understand the menu is beyond me unless u can't read english? and the aiming i don't much care for that its alright... lolLightColor
The in game menu screens are ugly, poorly written and confusing....plus the fact that theres no tutorial doesnt help either... Just not my type of game, too many things to customize or buy, and too little focus on the action and making the game fun
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deadly_shuriken
Anyone else actually enjoy this demo? Anyone buying the game on release?
Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Remora133
Member since 2009 • 363 Posts
[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]

The graphics suck - FAIL

Did anyone actually enjoy the demo, apart from the respawning feature where you're falling from the sky (it gets annoying after a while)

i think you fail. im havin a good time playing it. it didnt copy halo at all. just about zero similarities. menu is easy to understand if you take two seconds to try to learn it. aiming is fine once you get a feel for it. graphics arent amazing, but dont suck. and burning in never gets annoying.
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deadly_shuriken
[QUOTE="Remora133"][QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]

The graphics suck - FAIL

i think you fail. im havin a good time playing it. it didnt copy halo at all. just about zero similarities. menu is easy to understand if you take two seconds to try to learn it. aiming is fine once you get a feel for it. graphics arent amazing, but dont suck. and burning in never gets annoying.

Zero similarities? The video at the beginning, strapping in the ship, the ship looks almost exactly the same as the Halo ship...comon now, you cant go as far as say theres no similarities to Halo cause you'd just be lying to yourself... Menu is too cluttered and just plain UGLY Graphics are ok I guess, just nothing a game in 2009 should have....looks like a game that came out at launch How does burning in not get annoying? It's a waste of time, I wanna get back to the action ASAP, and not just watch myself falling from the sky for an hour
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LightColor
lol i like making jokes n stupid stuff while dropping in like "squad spawn, go go go" lol
Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Remora133
[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"][QUOTE="Remora133"][QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]

The graphics suck - FAIL

Zero similarities? The video at the beginning, strapping in the ship, the ship looks almost exactly the same as the Halo ship...comon now, you cant go as far as say theres no similarities to Halo cause you'd just be lying to yourself... Menu is too cluttered and just plain UGLY Graphics are ok I guess, just nothing a game in 2009 should have....looks like a game that came out at launch How does burning in not get annoying? It's a waste of time, I wanna get back to the action ASAP, and not just watch myself falling from the sky for an hour

if you want to go running into a game without thinking, go play call of duty. idk what you want the menu to look like if you think its ugly? im sorry its not pretty. but its effective and easy to use. and if that means its similar to halo, than any space ship is similar to halo. any mech suit is similar to halo.
Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts

agreed, got bored of it within the first 5 mins, online fails so bad

Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 993 Posts

I agree. I was kind of hyped for the game, but the demo completely turned me off. I will be skipping this game.

DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts

The graphics suck - FAIL

deadly_shuriken
I thought it was pretty good. to argue your points: 1. Its far different from Halo. There are no aliens, there is jetpacks, there is super speed, the map so far is not linear. You can call drop in vehicles and turrets it's base defense. 2.graphics are decent. Even World of Warcraft proved that you don't need decent graphics to make an epic game. Whats with you young gamers and your graphics? 3. The menu is fine, it's not hard to navigate, thats like saying a shoe lace is hard to tie. 4. Aiming works for me, point shoot and kill, the only thing I don't like is that the guns are too weak, espeically the rocket launcher.
Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 993 Posts

lol at the menu being hard to navigate. It's not that hard, but the demo did suck.

deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deadly_shuriken

lol at the menu being hard to navigate. It's not that hard, but the demo did suck.

Brickz187
the in game menus that have 5 different layers to them for purchasing/editing/adding items...very confusing
Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Remora133
lol just read it for a while
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LightColor
lol just because its "very confusing" to u on how things work dun mean its bad, ur just not takin any time to look at it lol
konradak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 konradak
Member since 2005 • 1769 Posts

I agree with not liking the demo... Only because I see what the game is trying to do and I believe it can be a lot of fun. The problem with the game is it feels very unfinished. Now before you start spewing about how this is a demo, I understand that. But in all reality, it seemed like the basic concepts were put in place, and the rest is still in progress. The basics was fun, it just needs to be fine tuned, prettied up, and made smoother before they should release the game. I believe if they spend another, probably 4-6 months of hard polishing and fine tuning, they can make a REALLY good game here.

That's what I got out of the demo.

As to what they need to polish? The shooting felt bad, I didn't really understand everything (I did only put about 15-20mins into it though), the graphics were okay, but I'm no graphics whore. Simply the aiming felt off for some reason, like it was too rigid, if that makes sense.

Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Remora133
[QUOTE="konradak"]

I agree with not liking the demo... Only because I see what the game is trying to do and I believe it can be a lot of fun. The problem with the game is it feels very unfinished. Now before you start spewing about how this is a demo, I understand that. But in all reality, it seemed like the basic concepts were put in place, and the rest is still in progress. The basics was fun, it just needs to be fine tuned, prettied up, and made smoother before they should release the game. I believe if they spend another, probably 4-6 months of hard polishing and fine tuning, they can make a REALLY good game here.

That's what I got out of the demo.

As to what they need to polish? The shooting felt bad, I didn't really understand everything (I did only put about 15-20mins into it though), the graphics were okay, but I'm no graphics whore. Simply the aiming felt off for some reason, like it was too rigid, if that makes sense.

these are valid points. i think this game has someone of an aquired taste. its a different style
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I never played it, but from the name of it I imagine that you play a bum looking for a place to live. LOL, does it take place in the getto

lessthan3james

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 lessthan3james
Member since 2009 • 424 Posts
Weird. I kind of enjoyed it.
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LightColor
omg lol wat if they changed the name to District 9 mayb it would boost the sales even more other than those who've already decided to buy it lol, i won't b buyin this game but i think its still fun, but yea it could use a little more work
ccgman8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#23 ccgman8
Member since 2009 • 151 Posts

i wasnt thrilled with it and the no single player sucked

_Doomsayer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 _Doomsayer_
Member since 2008 • 18616 Posts
Horrible, horrible demo... :lol: I'm going to steer clear of this game.
vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

At first I thought it was pretty mediocre but I gave it another go and actually had a lot of fun with it once I got the hang of it

Covalence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Covalence
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="_Doomsayer_"]Horrible, horrible demo... :lol: I'm going to steer clear of this game.

My thoughts exactly. This demo just oozes "good concept, poor execution".
Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

its not a bad game. It just has a steep learning curve.

bronxxbombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 bronxxbombers
Member since 2009 • 2840 Posts

The graphics suck - FAIL

deadly_shuriken
You forgot-takes 2 clips to kill someone. I hated the demo. Only thing i liked was the jetpack, but that took to long to reload, and the super run. The MP was just confusing with all the stupid mission crap.
bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
I thought it was really fun, IMO. But if it winds up not being that great I don't care. One less game I need to buy this year.
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts
The only reason I'd buy this game is because it's one of the few shooters out there with bots... BOTS RULE
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I tried to play it but it wouldn't connect to a game. Kept saying something about the server not responding.. I turned it off and deleted it from my hard drive. I won't be giving it another chance.

Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Remora133

I tried to play it but it wouldn't connect to a game. Kept saying something about the server not responding.. I turned it off and deleted it from my hard drive. I won't be giving it another chance.

x-2tha-z
thats sad. and lame
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
the game has some balancing issues(EX:weapon damage) the rocket launcher and shotgun SHOULD do alot more damage at close range.
DFKEazyE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DFKEazyE
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Yeah this is game is going to be bad its a halo ripe-off and it does even compete
Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Remora133
Yeah this is game is going to be bad its a halo ripe-off and it does even competeDFKEazyE
have you played the demo? its nothing like halo. at all. anyone who says that is ignorant
rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

Nothing special here.

feudemonj00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 feudemonj00
Member since 2004 • 54 Posts

I agree. I was kind of hyped for the game, but the demo completely turned me off. I will be skipping this game.

Brickz187

I was going to get this game because it looked pretty neat, the fact that it seemed akin to Halo is what turned me on to it. I was super dissapointed with the demo. I'm going to wait for Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, and Lost Planet 2. I hated the original Lost Planet, but the demo for LP2 is AWESOME!

explasiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 explasiv
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

well i played it and it was not that bad..

theunloved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#39 theunloved
Member since 2006 • 1441 Posts

I don't know if I want to try and download it now. Should I even bother?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts
It was terrible. I couldn't find a single online match, so I settled for a bot match. First thing that bothered me were the respawns: you have to watch your character get dumped from the sky every time you respawn (takes about 10 seconds each time). Second, the graphics make Halo1 look gorgeous. Third, the action is lame, it takes too long to kill anything and the weapons sound good but lack punch. I liked the jetpack and the sprint mode, though. Overall, this looks like another bad game.
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

The graphics suck - FAIL

deadly_shuriken

This post - FAIL :P

But in all seriousness:

It DOESN'T copy Halo - Just because someone has a high-tech suit and helmet on doesn't mean that it's a Master Chief wannabe.

The graphics are nowhere near the 'suck' level.

The menu screens are actually very easy to understand, you just gave one look at them and decided not to actually READ what was there.

Aiming? How does the aiming suck? Point and shoot. Just like any other shooter.

DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#42 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

Yea I played it it really isnt that good its like a halo clone but worse and not as fun

vp_snipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 vp_snipes
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I dont no its all right I guess But I see how its trying to copy halo.
Franchize-24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Franchize-24
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

the game sucked ass it had bad graphics and gameplay

edge426723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 edge426723
Member since 2008 • 208 Posts

another FPS to get lost and forgoted in the mass of FPS of this year i played it and had high hopes and they were squashed.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#46 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts

They made a shooter based off of affordable housing?

aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 aero250
Member since 2009 • 3613 Posts
Yeh i hated the demo.
gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

This game should have been something near to the opening cinematic. Then it would have been awesome.

Sprinting was fun and dropping in was good but that was it.

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

Oh my God. I liked the demo on 360, but just played the pc beta and it is miles better. I am so hyped for this game now.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 25

#50 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
It's alright but the walking speed is simply to slow to make close quarters combat any fun. Everything else was in the fine to good range but the walking speed just kinda kills it.