Scariest X360 Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ATKisNeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ATKisNeat
Member since 2007 • 380 Posts

Having a hang out with a bunch of friends and I am wanting a pretty scary game. We are looking into RE5 or FEAR 2, however we are open to suggestions. Which ones do you guys think?

In all honesty I think RE5 looks more overwhelming rather than scary, howeveer I could be proven wrong!

doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts
Really? You didn't even post Dead Space, Condemned 1/2 or the original FEAR?
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

condemned

resident evil 5

ATKisNeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 ATKisNeat
Member since 2007 • 380 Posts
Really? You didn't even post Dead Space, Condemned 1/2 or the original FEAR? doomsoth
Yes I know, I did not include those. Hence the third option. Mainly I did not include those as we have limited the choices down to those 2 but I am open to a quick last change.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#5 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Blue Dragon. The battle music will steal your sanity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4egx_u1v5LQ&feature=related
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
The first Condemned got me pretty good. Dead Space can get some scares from me also. RE5? No way, it can feel tense when enemies are surrounding you, but not scary.
wituckius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 wituckius
Member since 2004 • 86 Posts

FEAR 2 scary if your susceptible to japanese horror (scary dead chicks with long hair). It scared me more than the first FEAR did.

RE5 is not scary.

Dead space is mildly scary.

Condemned 2 is good, but the first condemned is the scariest game on the 360

And "scary" games are only really scary if you play them alone at night on a good tv and with surround sound blasting or with some decent earphones. In order to fully take advantage of "scary" games you ought to do this.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

FEAR 1

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

Dead Space gives me the creeps.

dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts

RE5 is the best co-op horror game for the 360. I'd stick with that if you want to play with your friends.

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 phynixblack
Member since 2007 • 1113 Posts

With freinds: Left 4 Dead - While not a horrifying game, things get tense and tend to keep you on edge. I remember being jumpy after the first time me and my freinds gave this game an all nighter.

Alone: Katamari Damacy - Feel horror as you realize the music in this game will never come out of your head.

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 phynixblack
Also, I am looking through all the cutscenes and quite a bit of RE5 gameplay. This game is seriously the least terrifying thing yet. Deadspace out horrors RE5.
Avatar image for DaMattGuy-360XL
DaMattGuy-360XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaMattGuy-360XL
Member since 2009 • 108 Posts
I'm... not going to vote yet since the only slightly "scary" game I've played so far (360 or not) is Fallout 3, which is NOT scary.
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 phynixblack
I'm... not going to vote yet since the only slightly "scary" game I've played so far (360 or not) is Fallout 3, which is NOT scary.DaMattGuy-360XL
I beg to differ. That game gets plenty creepy. For some reason that foggy, bloody Vault Tech exibit in the Museum of technology managed to creep me the hell out. Of course I play this on PC with extra high graphics, so it looked pretty convincing.....ugh.... That and the time I was sittin there sorta watchin mah screen, looking out over a cliff. I was in sneak and the notice said [Hidden]....I turn around and there are TWO F***IN DEATHCLAWS STARIN ME DOWN.....I swear to god man...that wasn't funny...
Avatar image for DaMattGuy-360XL
DaMattGuy-360XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaMattGuy-360XL
Member since 2009 • 108 Posts
[QUOTE="DaMattGuy-360XL"]I'm... not going to vote yet since the only slightly "scary" game I've played so far (360 or not) is Fallout 3, which is NOT scary.phynixblack
I beg to differ. That game gets plenty creepy. For some reason that foggy, bloody Vault Tech exibit in the Museum of technology managed to creep me the hell out. Of course I play this on PC with extra high graphics, so it looked pretty convincing.....ugh.... That and the time I was sittin there sorta watchin mah screen, looking out over a cliff. I was in sneak and the notice said [Hidden]....I turn around and there are TWO F***IN DEATHCLAWS STARIN ME DOWN.....I swear to god man...that wasn't funny...

Oh wait, so games with "HOLY **** That came outta nowhere!" moments count? In that case the scariest was Resident Evil Zero. (The part on the 64 where the Licker crashes through the mirrored window? Nearly **** myself, totally serious.)
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

The first Condemned was so friggin' scary I couldn't even play it in broad daylight with friends.

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 phynixblack
[QUOTE="phynixblack"][QUOTE="DaMattGuy-360XL"]I'm... not going to vote yet since the only slightly "scary" game I've played so far (360 or not) is Fallout 3, which is NOT scary.DaMattGuy-360XL

Oh wait, so games with "HOLY **** That came outta nowhere!" moments count? In that case the scariest was Resident Evil Zero. (The part on the 64 where the Licker crashes through the mirrored window? Nearly **** myself, totally serious.)

Cheap scares are still scares.
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

Lol

I leaned on the remote in Oblivion while I was reading something on my laptop and jacked the volume while it was paused, unpaused it and bam wolf in my face with huge noise almost blew my speakers scared the living crap outta me.

Seriously though, go for FEAR 2.

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 phynixblack

Lol

I leaned on the remote in Oblivion while I was reading something on my laptop and jacked the volume while it was paused, unpaused it and bam wolf in my face with huge noise almost blew my speakers scared the living crap outta me.

Seriously though, go for FEAR 2.

sensfanVone

I had a cave troll do that to me. My volume was higher then I thought, I heard something padding up behind me, thinking it was a wolf I spun in place to face it and "FLAAHFAHFAHF" Big brown hairy friggen troll. I fell out of my damn chair cuz I was a genius and sat RIGHT next to my big speakers....My heart tap dancced in my throat for a few seconds and I recovered and killed it....but MY GODESS that was a hell of a startle.

SpectreBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 SpectreBoy6
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts

dead space..dark and scary

ISargin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ISargin
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts

fear 2 is alot scarier than re5. but dead space tops them both. fl;gksdflg;sdfa

XvX_Fear_XvX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 XvX_Fear_XvX
Member since 2007 • 960 Posts
[QUOTE="DaMattGuy-360XL"]I'm... not going to vote yet since the only slightly "scary" game I've played so far (360 or not) is Fallout 3, which is NOT scary.phynixblack

that happened to me to. i was just walking and lookin around. trying to find death claws and one jumped out when it was pitch black in some cave and i wasn't expecting it. it wasn't really SCARY but it made me jump.
Gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24 Gamer_152
Member since 2006 • 821 Posts

From what I've played Dead Space. But I've never actually really found myself scared by a video game, I still would like to play FEAR though.

Darkangel72518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Darkangel72518
Member since 2005 • 373 Posts

Fear 2 Definally has its moments. I usualy get scared for a second when things Pop Up at me when I don't realise it. :|

NFS102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#26 NFS102
Member since 2007 • 27011 Posts
Condemned is the scariest ;)
ThE_SoCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ThE_SoCK
Member since 2003 • 459 Posts

play Dead Space.

RE5 is not scary, but it does have its oh **** moments. It is a VERY tense game though if you like to sit on th edge of your seat or catch yourself holding your breath.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
Really? You didn't even post Dead Space, Condemned 1/2 or the original FEAR? doomsoth
definetly dead space would be the winner but I voted RE5 just because it looks wwicked sick.
chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts

Dead Space, condemned, or the original FEAR. I didn't really find RE5 that scary ( on last chapter ) and FEAR 2 is nowhere near as scary as the original.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#30 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

yeah fear2 is pretty creepy, same with Condemed 1 and 2. RE5 isnt scary at all. i think 1/2 of scary is the fact you can't see whats coming at you, RE5 is more about action than being scary.

-Nintendude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -Nintendude-
Member since 2005 • 931 Posts

Dead Space can be quite scary, some of the enemy models look quite disgusting which helps a bit. I played it in the middle of the night with earphones, in a daylight it's a total waste in my opinion especially if you are playing your first run. I haven't played any game which would be genuinely scary, most of the time they just have moments which will make you jump when you don't expect something.