This topic is locked from further discussion.

lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lucifer3999
Member since 2005 • 2319 Posts
im thinking of buying one but i dont wanna waste money for a dead or dying xbox. is microsoft gonna fix this? did they already?..i dunno..help me out ppl im scared
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
Microsoft has released different chips to try and prevent the RROD, as of now who knows if it worked maybe it did maybe it didn't. Chances are your going to buy a 360 and it'll probably RROD, but thats what the 3 year warranty is for.. Nothing to be afraid of. Things happen it's life.
riobird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 riobird
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts
most of the arcade systems have the falcon chip in them and run pretty smoothly you just gotta go and it, plus microsoft has a 3 year rrod warranty i have an arcade system and it runs pretty cool you just gotta enjoy the games and not woory about it
zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts
The percentage of 360's that get RRoD have been estimated between 10 and 20 percent. I have had mine for about 1.5 years, have left downloads run overnight, played up to 6 hours at a time, and have not had a single hiccup. More than likely, the new systems have decreased that percentage further. If you wind up being one of the unlucky ones, there is the warranty.
360player_eq12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 360player_eq12
Member since 2006 • 2214 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24948509

jrobinow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jrobinow
Member since 2005 • 418 Posts
That's like saying I'm not gonna buy a car because someday something on it will break. 70-80% of all 360s are fine. For the ones that aren't, Microsoft will fix it for free. Oh, and eventually the thing will break in some other way, just like your car.
sly_fiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sly_fiz
Member since 2007 • 563 Posts

^i agree

its like not buying a car because youre afraid of getting in a wreck, or not buying a house out of fear of someone breaking in or it burning down. i mean jeeze people stop being scared of the RRoD like seriously its not bad you just send it in and get another one, maybe a month wait AT THE MOST

and besides its not like youre gonna get one as soon as you turn it on...so dont let that hinder you buying a 360 jeeze

MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts
Jeez I thought people would be over this fear by now. Look at it like this, if you do get the RRoD you stand a better chance of ending up with a new or at least better built 360.
robbie80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 robbie80
Member since 2005 • 988 Posts
im thinking of buying one but i dont wanna waste money for a dead or dying xbox. is microsoft gonna fix this? did they already?..i dunno..help me out ppl im scaredlucifer3999
I own a xbox 360 die on me three time if your scared of buying one buy a wii or ps3 instead and you have no problem with them,dont get me wrong the xbox 360 good but so many problem buy one late next year they migth have fix the bugs in the console by then.
Zeldaguy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zeldaguy16
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
Well, if you read the instruction manual when you first open up your 360, it'll say as long as you keep it in an open air area it's fine.
ReaperXxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ReaperXxxx
Member since 2006 • 1713 Posts
You're probably cool to get one now. I think they have fixed most of the issues. My 360 had the RRoD and MS had my console back to me 10 days after I shipped it to them. I was pleasantly surprised at the competence of their customer service.
Avatar image for seventy5cent832
seventy5cent832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 seventy5cent832
Member since 2007 • 1057 Posts

no need to be afraid, a 3 year warrenty is engoh

Relived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Relived
Member since 2004 • 574 Posts

Jeez I thought people would be over this fear by now. Look at it like this, if you do get the RRoD you stand a better chance of ending up with a new or at least better built 360.MentatAssassin

I don't know I bought one at launch; I've been through 4 two of which didn't work upon opening the box and when I asked for them to send me a brand new one they said they couldn't because it wasn't part of the program.

RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
Take care of it...i've had my console for over a year and I haven't had any problems.
hyofinkl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 hyofinkl
Member since 2006 • 698 Posts
The new falcon chip installed 360s should be a little better and that's what I got like 3 weeks ago but I can't guarantee you anything. I had the same fear and like many 360 owners, I'm afraid everyday that I turn on my 360 and it might have the red rings. I say just go buy it but DO NOT buy it from Target. I first bought mine at Target and when I got home, the HDD was all scratched up and it wouldn't even work. I knew it was refurbished and those bastards put it for sale as new. I took it back right away and bought another one at Circuit City. The ones at Circuit City, Best Buy, Gamestop should all be the newer models by now so go buy one. My mindset about RROD is if my 360 gets it, I'll just get pissed, use the towel trick to get it working for a little, sell it to Gamestop and pick up a PS3. BTW, mine's working perfectly fine.
zepman71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zepman71
Member since 2005 • 4120 Posts
I got my 360 for Christmas and I'm afraid of getting the RROD. I check the heat every hour or so and only play for 3 hours max.....am I taking it too far? Although I do keep it well ventilated; its inan open area with space at the front, back and sides....
therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts
i feared the same fear.
i bought it last december.
it lasted until this december.
the day i broke up from university was the day my 360 got the rrod.
xmas hasnt been that fun!
but its away now, to be fixed..for free.
lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lucifer3999
Member since 2005 • 2319 Posts

so i bought a referbished one at the local gamecrazy store (BTW horrible employees..) and i took advise from a friend who told me to call 1800-4-my-xbox. i re-newed the 3 year guarantee thing and registered the xbox with my name.

also i tested the xbox and everything seems to be fine (the guy before me didnt seem to play it at all since there was only one gamesave on it).

do you think i made the right decision or should i have waited for a new xbox360 instead of a used one?

sly_fiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sly_fiz
Member since 2007 • 563 Posts

refurbished?!?!?!?!?

lol ouch

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

im thinking of buying one but i dont wanna waste money for a dead or dying xbox. is microsoft gonna fix this? did they already?..i dunno..help me out ppl im scaredlucifer3999

microsoft already did...the only reports you're hearing about dead 360's now are the ones that were created for its launch.