Rockband or Guitar Hero

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Petshopboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Petshopboy
Member since 2003 • 1181 Posts

So I was originally planning on just buying the GHII and GHIII bundles, but I've heard that RB is awesome. The thing is, I'd probably spend most of the time on RB with the guitar, but I think it's cool (that for $10-20 more than the two bundles) my friends can play drums or karaoke with me or whatever. So how good is the guitar stuff in RB, and is it a better value (in your opinion) than GH II and III?

Sorry, I'm pretty sure this has been asked a million times, but I didn't see a topic in the top 50 or so.

Dillon12221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Dillon12221
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts

yes u should get Rock band instead...the guitar is awesome...and if you have friends that can come over or if you have a little or older brother...or anybody around who wants to play...is awesome..also if you have xbox live you can go play with other players online..its amazing..you should definetily get it..

call4backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 call4backup
Member since 2005 • 943 Posts
id say gh2 and rock band are the same as far as guitar parts go...but gh3 bumped up the difficulty tremendously....if u play gh3 ull find rock band easy....as for as the rock band guitar part im not too sure as i havent played it yet BUT i would say if youre looking for a great GUITAR experience to go with gh2 and 3 because they made their game surrounding the guitar and didnt have 4 other things to wory about...also by by both gh2 and 3 ull have like more than like 150 songs to choose from instead of 45 for rock band
JC772

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 JC772
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
If you have friends that want to sing and get together to rock get Rock Band. but if you just want a more challenging game and a better single player experience and better songs get GH 2 and 3. oh and the multiplayer on GH is also good,and I think the guitar is better for GH in my opinion......I have the Explorer guitar love it!!
Petshopboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Petshopboy
Member since 2003 • 1181 Posts
Apparently one of my friends may end up getting RB anyway, so I'll just stick with the GH bundles for now.
eguan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 eguan
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

although the guitar for rock band is cool and sooo much better than the gh3 guitar the rock band stratocaster will not work with gh3, but the previous guitars for all guitar heroes and 3rd party controllers will work with rock band

just alittle FYI

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
If you wanna do single player guitar stuff, Guitar Hero is the way to go...unless you have friends over ALL The time that are going to want to/be able to sing and play drums...