Rock Band - "Random" Set List Frustration

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZeroGravX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ZeroGravX
Member since 2005 • 1296 Posts

Ok, so if you noticed I put random in quotations and heres why...

I purchased Rock Band yesterday so I'm not to familiar with it or how it works. But I found myself extremely frustrated because I was playing the local multi-player world tour with some friends and anytime we played a "random" set list no matter where we where and what "random" set list it was (I've only done the 2 random song set lists) the songs where always, always, always, "Say It Ain't So" by Weezer for the first song and "Creep" by Radiohead for the second.

Is there something I missed? Is there a place where you create a list of songs it randomly pulls from? What's the deal? I would really hate it if for the whole entire tour I have to play those 2 songs over and over again because what little we played through we played those 2 songs least 20 times each and it was extremely annoying.

Mind you I have at least 15 songs unlocked.

Ghardon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Ghardon
Member since 2003 • 310 Posts

ZeroGravX

That might be your problem. Try unlocking more songs - I haven't had any trouble with getting a nice variety of songs to appear in the random lists.

ZeroGravX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ZeroGravX

That might be your problem. Try unlocking more songs - I haven't had any trouble with getting a nice variety of songs to appear in the random lists.Ghardon

I see what you are saying, the only problem is, it's supposed to be random right? So why, out of my 15 or so unlocked songs, is it picking the same 2 songs and putting them in the same exact order?

Sorry for the frustrated post, I just don't get it. :?

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
If for example you played the drum career and unlocked 15 songs, those songs only appear in the Quick Play option or your career, so if you and a buddy start a band and do the World Tour you do not have access to those 15 songs.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
[QUOTE="ZeroGravX"]

Ghardon

That might be your problem. Try unlocking more songs - I haven't had any trouble with getting a nice variety of songs to appear in the random lists.

Yea 15 songs isn`t very many, try playing single player career to unlock a bunch more songs to play w/ your buddies.
ZeroGravX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZeroGravX

If for example you played the drum career and unlocked 15 songs, those songs only appear in the Quick Play option or your career, so if you and a buddy start a band and do the World Tour you do not have access to those 15 songs.Large_Soda

That's the problem though, all unlocked songs are from the World Tour as that's all I've played. I don't know, I'll just keep playing I guess and see if it irons out.

smokeyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 smokeyf
Member since 2004 • 176 Posts
I'll tell you whats frustrating/cool. Downloaded content automatically gets entered into your regular playlist when you're doing your world tour. Right after i bought the game and then downloaded the Metallica tunes i was 10 minutes into my tour and ended up trying to play "Blackened" on a random 2 song set. Kicked my butt to say the least. I think everyone is right. You'll need to play through the game once and the your "random song" will be far more random.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Yeah, the downloadable content will help keep you from playing Weezer song after song. The downloadable stuff is kind of difficult as well, so you should be kept busy.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

[QUOTE="Large_Soda"]If for example you played the drum career and unlocked 15 songs, those songs only appear in the Quick Play option or your career, so if you and a buddy start a band and do the World Tour you do not have access to those 15 songs.ZeroGravX

That's the problem though, all unlocked songs are from the World Tour as that's all I've played. I don't know, I'll just keep playing I guess and see if it irons out.

So the 15 songs you unlocked were done during the Band World Tour portion? They weren't on a Solo Tour on a specific instrument? If son then that's really odd. You can make a custom set list, try that and see if you have access to more than 2 songs.

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
I had the same problem for the first little bit when I was playing with my sisters...I think it has to do with how good you're doing on other songs and how many you've unlocked. We kept getting Black Hole Sun and The Hand That Feeds, and now I can't stand to play either song