Rock band or guitar hero???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Strap_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Strap_happy
Member since 2005 • 682 Posts

So what should I get guitar hero or rock band? By the way does anyone know when rock band comes out in the uk?

Strap_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Strap_happy

bumpage

thoma7500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 thoma7500
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts
guitar hero is what i would pick rock band is too expensive and guitar hero is cheaper and out now so go with gh2 or gh3
thoma7500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 thoma7500
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts

also im not sure when it comes out in the uk i think its this year but not sure i also live in the uk in scotland

Strap_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Strap_happy

Any other opinions? by the way how much is rock band the complete set compared to guitar hero?

wingman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 wingman15
Member since 2004 • 2706 Posts
Rock Band costs $170 for the complete set. GHIII costs $100 with the guitar. It really depends on what you want. If you want to play just the guitar, then get GH. If you want the option to sing and play drums, then get Rock Band. If you want lots of DLC, get Rock Band.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Rockband just looks dorky. Think how stupid you and your friends/family would look playing rockband. Now think how 1 or 2 people look playing Guitar hero. Not as bad. Thats how i see it. Simplistic, yes. But do i care? no

get Guitar Hero3, its way better than the expensive rockband set. i really doubt the microphone one works very well anyways.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

Rockband just looks dorky. Think how stupid you and your friends/family would look playing rockband. Now think how 1 or 2 people look playing Guitar hero. Not as bad. Thats how i see it. Simplistic, yes. But do i care? no

get Guitar Hero3, its way better than the expensive rockband set. i really doubt the microphone one works very well anyways.

Talldude80

Ever heard of a real band?

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
I personally bought Guitar Hero III, and I'll pick up the stand alone game of Rock Band and just use my Les Paul to play it. I don't need a $170 game bundle, especially when I really only want to play guitar, and for that my Guitar Hero III guitar will suffice. I may want to try out the drums later, but I can pick that up separately later on down the road if I really want to, and that microphone should stay far away from me, trust me.;)
RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
Rock Band
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
When is it due out in the UK? I am thinking I might get one of the two down the line, is Rock Band more indie type music compared to Guitar Hero or is it more prog rock/ heavy rock?
SilentFireX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SilentFireX
Member since 2005 • 1956 Posts
Orignally, I was all for Rock Band, but ever since I tried it out at Best Buy, I've decided that I will be getting Guitar Hero III instead. The Rock Band guitar felt extremely cheap, and I was actually scared that I might break it while playing. The controlle made the game completely unbearable for me, and now you have my answer.
jason320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 jason320
Member since 2006 • 314 Posts
RockBand comes with a drum set and a guitar and it's also better than GH
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

RockBand comes with a drum set and a guitar and it's also better than GHjason320

Dont forget a Microphone aswell.

aztecnero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 aztecnero
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts
Who cares what you look like in the comfort of your own home? Games are about having fun not looking cool. That said, I own both GH3 and Rock Band and this is what I think: GH3 is great for single player while Rock band is great if you have at least three people to play with regularly. As the gamespot review says, there's just something supremely awesome about getting together with 2 or 3 of your friends and rocking out in perfect harmony. Both games are extremely fun but Rock Band is more of a party game as Guitar Hero 3 can be played solo while still being fun. My 2 cents.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
personally i think rock band looks stupid. plus the chances of me and 2 of my friends agreeing to play that game for hours on end aren't very good. guitar hero gets my vote, it's fun to play by yourself and with your friends.
kakishi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 kakishi1
Member since 2005 • 1065 Posts
Get rock band if you have other friend who will want to play along with you, or if you want to play the drums or vox. If you just want to use the guitar then get gh3.
YodaSoda3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 YodaSoda3
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts
GH3 no question. rock band is too expensive and besides who wants to hear your friends sing
Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts
i just got rock band the full $170 set, my friends and i played it today for like 10 hours, everyone saying it looks so stupid blah blah blah...i'm sure that's what you said when guitar hero 1 came out and same with the wii. rock bands extremely fun to play especially with friends plus if you can play the drums on rock band on expert than you can play the drums in real life for the song. so i'm gonna try to learn how to play drums through rock band.
mackey12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#20 mackey12345
Member since 2005 • 198 Posts
how i see it, if you don't have enough people to play with, go with the guitar hero series, if you have a bunch of people to play with, go with rock band, you could all pitch in :)
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
Both
lightdarksamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lightdarksamus
Member since 2006 • 264 Posts
it depends dude, i consider them both too expensive for 1 game only so i wouldn't buy neither. although if you have enough money and you can buy em it depends if your going to play with your friends for rock band or solo for guitar hero
dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
Rock Band is twice as good as GH III and well worth the money, believe me I have both. There is already three times the amount of downloadable content, and the songs imo are already better. The major problem, and it is a big problem is the extreme amount of noise banging on the drums makes. My wife wants me to return the dam thing or sell it on EBAY. I was playing across the room form my brother-in-law and the banging was even getting on my nerves. Tommorow I am going to look for drum mutes, or anything I can use to dampen the sound a bit.
-The-Master-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -The-Master-
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
i said rock band for the pure fact that i always wanted to do a drum game